Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bulgarian R.

Stem Cells for Acne Scar Repair (SCIENCE FACT, not science fiction!)

well, if one can wait the stem cells would be their best option as you will grow new skin. These stem cells are smart in terms of doing repair work..we don't understand it all yet but it is superior to anything currently available. The other techniques carry greater risks and don't get rid of scar tissued but camouflage them...trust me.

well, if one can wait the stem cells would be their best option as you will grow new skin. These stem cells are smart in terms of doing repair work..we don't understand it all yet but it is superior to anything currently available. The other techniques carry greater risks and don't get rid of scar tissued but camouflage them...trust me.

Well, I guess time will tell. :)

What needs to happen is..first doctors have to realize this true potential and stop thinking Stem Cells are a thing in the year 3012 on the planet SKINTRON.

I think

most doctors are excited about the potential uses of stem cells

it is science meets the medical field. The potential is there. Next we all, somehow must push for Laws to change and more effort in promoting these stem cell treatments. Especially for facial scarring.. as it isn't treated as seriously as other "deseases" Some

doctors even label these patients as people with Body Dismorphic

Syndrome and that is unfair as most people psychologically would be more confident if they could repair their scarring. It's easy for others without the problem to shrug it off, isn't it?

The fact that the term is now constantly in every form of media is positive. The buzz words; Stem Cells appear everywhere.. now how do we bring it in the mainstream of medicine?

I tried sending this to BRD but obviously, once again his inbox is full and i need advice. This company is located within walking distance from my house. (USA) I've been talking to the stem cell collector and i wont list everything included in their pamphlets but this is what the collection procedure looks like : (they also have collection centers in china)

3. A few days prior to the collection you will recieve two injections of granulocyte colony stimulating factor or G-CSF(also referred to asG-CSF or the mobilizing agent) a substance that mobilizes and increases the number of stem cells in the blood circulation 4) prior to collection, approximately one teaspoon of blood will be drawn to ensure that your white blood cell count is high enough to begin the collection process. 5) The collection or Apherisis process involves the following : you will be attached to an apherisis machine for approximately 3-4 hours at a collection center. A needle will be put into one arm to serve as outflow and another needle will be put into the other arm to serve as inflow. Your blood will be circulated through the machine before being returned to you. The machine will take the stem cells out of your blood. If you have previously recieved a bone marrow transplant, chemotherapy or radiation, you may need more then one apherisis process at additional cost. i was told this makes for a painless procedure compared to taking the cells directly from the bone marrow. I know that this involves peripheral blood stem cells .. can they be combined somehow? maybe with fat.. I also gave them some information regarding the Lrg6 cell ( which is supposed to make real skin) and they seemed quite open to contacting Hans Clevers. If only Bulgarian derm.. BRD was here..

:boohoo:

is there anyone out there that may be able to suggest anything based on the info i provided previously with the stem cell collection process?

the BRD man is needed now more than ever..this may lead to something positive here in the U.S.

I'm also looking for a doctor who's skilled in subscision, which i plan to combine with prp and stem cells as outlined by brd in one of the earlier posts. Can anyone recommend someone ?..i am in the east coast (U.S.)

i will be updating my progress for those that still have an interest in this treatment.

now if i can only get brd to talk to these people .. :boohoo:

thanks for the great article mimi but we already know the potential of stem cells, don't we..

I will keep you posted..i think it will take a few weeks to get things going..when i'm ready

i will tell all :drool:

Coconut Scar,

I am very interested in following your story. There are a couple plastic surgeons using stem cells only. Renalto Calibra in Beverly Hills, CA and Mark Berman in CA. Neither does PRP. I do not know anyone on the east coast using stem cells only. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Hi BRD,

I would like to know if you succeeded with your experiments with stem cells and what were the result.

I also would like to know if you are working in Bulgaria and where. Is there any possibility to contact you cause I`m from BG.

Thanks

how can they claim they are the first offering this when others are basically offering the same thing as i understand it; a FAT TRANSFER

is it just me or is everyone trying to capitalize on the term " Stem Cells."

I hope to God it's true..we need something..

i almost went to a local place to have my cells banked but the problem is; because this isn't fda approved yet; a doctor wont perform a real stem cell procedure and nobody really knows how these cells will behave in the future.. will we grow tumors? who knows?

now a fat transfer has been around for a long time and there are stem cells in fat..people have reported better texture of the skin after the fat transfer procedure.. but i've never spoken to such a patient to know for sure.

this is all very confusing...i'm not sure what steps to take at this point until i do more research. :rolleyes:

Has anybody here actually talked to a dermatologist recently, that is offering this treatment? If so, could you please ask this doctor, whether he/she knows someone offering this treatment in Germany?! I am suffering under two large hypertrphic scars on my face since almost 6 years now and I'd like to get them excised. But combining the surgery with this stem cell treatment would be great I think; it could result in no scarring after the excision, right?

Please read my thread about a similar technique >>>

Regards, Jan from bad old Germany

Edited by dagobert

hey guys,

this is the most recent news on stem cell, where they use the stem spay to heal scars caused by acne and burning. though this technique was previously designed to heal burn scars.

they say that it is s most effective in those patients where only the upper layers of skin are damaged.(acne scar?)

and the effects are "able to heal properly, leaving them with no traces of the previous affliction."

and"with scars "virtually" gone within a year. "

this is the source

you guys might want to check this out.

the pics are not the truth....surely....cause I can read the chinese and know more about the chinese situation