Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bulgarian R.

Stem Cells for Acne Scar Repair (SCIENCE FACT, not science fiction!)

Is there a reason this post was edited/deleted by a moderator 9 months later???

THis guy was making some pretty big claims if I remember correctly

James and Prague it's true what you guys are talking about the laser damage after years, because that happened to me with the dermabration, I had a dermabration done 2 years ago and I started to see a lot of deep linear scarring after the year and a half. So I just called the dr for complain about it and he told me that if the dermabration would leave a scar it supposed to happen right away and not after over a year, he pissed me off because why he didn't told me at the begining that I was going to get more chance and risk to get 10 time more scarring and linear scarring than how I was before dermabration.What I belive is that maybe the reason why is that at the beginning when you have a procedure done the face are more tight and then afterward about a year later you start to loose some tightness.

Regarding the stem cell I've been doing research and call phone and for what I have being reading theres a few different stem cell, I have interest with the recell, the one that is taking a small sample of skin (biopsy) is collected from an area close to the skin you want to treat usually is taken behind the ear.

That ensures the treated area has the same texture and colour as the surrounding skin. Then they do the laser and spray the face and also the dr spray the area where the biopsy is taken.

I think that my skin problem is more about to treat the shiny scarring that I have left after a laser procedure (malpractice), some part of my face was burned. My scarring are pretty much level up with the surrounding skin alredy, but I still have a lot of linear deep scarring from dermabration, but also what really bother me a lot is the freaking shiny scarring that has a waxy texture.

I've read that recell help a lot for scars from burn like my case and also for the rest of the others scarring. I think shiny scar and scar from burn are the more difficult to cure or treat.

I been trying to reach dr Khan but it seem to be mission impossible, I sended to him an email around 4 month ago I recently talked to him and he told me that he was going to call me back and I still waiting.

I just been looking around other dr and I have found some dr in Australia that perform recell. Wonder if somebody know about dr. Fiona Wood from Australia the dr that invented & created the stem cell?

So sorry to hear about your laser damage. Did you have the laser done first and then a year and a half later the dermabrasion?

I began using Retin-A one year after my laser tx. and this is when I noticed my scarring. I feel my skin wasn't strong enough after the laser to handle the Retin-A. Is this what you think happened to you? What country are you in? I don't know much about recell.

Sorry for the delay

I had a laser done only for red marks first and it left me a lot of scarring box scars and rolling scars, I had a malpractice so the dr that do this to me told me that those scarring will go away with a dermabration so I'm so stupid that I trusted him. So I had the dermabration and after the year and half from dermabration I started to notice a lot of new deep line scarring. I think that the reason why doesn't show up right away is because at first your face is tight and then after years you star to loose tightess and also dermabration is a very aggresive procedure. I don't think that retin a cause damage to the skin just make sure to wear spf at least minimum 30.

I live in Florida.

Edited by badkitty

James and Prague it's true what you guys are talking about the laser damage after years, because that happened to me with the dermabration, I had a dermabration done 2 years ago and I started to see a lot of deep linear scarring after the year and a half. So I just called the dr for complain about it and he told me that if the dermabration would leave a scar it supposed to happen right away and not after over a year, he pissed me off because why he didn't told me at the begining that I was going to get more chance and risk to get 10 time more scarring and linear scarring than how I was before dermabration.What I belive is that maybe the reason why is that at the beginning when you have a procedure done the face are more tight and then afterward about a year later you start to loose some tightness.

Regarding the stem cell I've been doing research and call phone and for what I have being reading theres a few different stem cell, I have interest with the recell, the one that is taking a small sample of skin (biopsy) is collected from an area close to the skin you want to treat usually is taken behind the ear.

That ensures the treated area has the same texture and colour as the surrounding skin. Then they do the laser and spray the face and also the dr spray the area where the biopsy is taken.

I think that my skin problem is more about to treat the shiny scarring that I have left after a laser procedure (malpractice), some part of my face was burned. My scarring are pretty much level up with the surrounding skin alredy, but I still have a lot of linear deep scarring from dermabration, but also what really bother me a lot is the freaking shiny scarring that has a waxy texture.

I've read that recell help a lot for scars from burn like my case and also for the rest of the others scarring. I think shiny scar and scar from burn are the more difficult to cure or treat.

I been trying to reach dr Khan but it seem to be mission impossible, I sended to him an email around 4 month ago I recently talked to him and he told me that he was going to call me back and I still waiting.

I just been looking around other dr and I have found some dr in Australia that perform recell. Wonder if somebody know about dr. Fiona Wood from Australia the dr that invented & created the stem cell?

So sorry to hear about your laser damage. Did you have the laser done first and then a year and a half later the dermabrasion?

I began using Retin-A one year after my laser tx. and this is when I noticed my scarring. I feel my skin wasn't strong enough after the laser to handle the Retin-A. Is this what you think happened to you? What country are you in? I don't know much about recell.

Sorry for the delay

I had a laser done only for red marks first and it left me a lot of scarring box scars and rolling scars, I had a malpractice so the dr that do this to me told me that those scarring will go away with a dermabration so I'm so stupid that I trusted him. So I had the dermabration and after the year and half from dermabration I started to notice a lot of new deep line scarring. I think that the reason why doesn't show up right away is because at first your face is tight and then after years you star to loose tightess and also dermabration is a very aggresive procedure. I don't think that retin a cause damage to the skin just make sure to wear spf at least minimum 30.

I live in Florida.

I had a laser treatment and was fine or so i thought. Began using retin-a one year later and started scarring. Scars everywhere all over both cheeks. so crazy.

Sorry for the delay

I live in Florida.

I had a laser treatment and was fine or so i thought. Began using retin-a one year later and started scarring. Scars everywhere all over both cheeks. so crazy.

Hmm that's extremely odd that retin a left you scarring, what type of scarring you have after laser and retin? and what % of retin you used?

Question:

This may not be the most appropriate forum to ask this in but I figure there are a lot of knowledgeable people who follow this thread who may be able to help.

Has anyone tried a Selphyl filler for their skin? If so, what was their experience and what kind of results did they have. If not, have you heard anything about it.

Thanks in advance.

Question:

This may not be the most appropriate forum to ask this in but I figure there are a lot of knowledgeable people who follow this thread who may be able to help.

Has anyone tried a Selphyl filler for their skin? If so, what was their experience and what kind of results did they have. If not, have you heard anything about it.

Thanks in advance.

I have heard of Selphyl. It uses your own blood. I'm not sure if anything is added to the blood. It is new to market so I think it would be best to wait a while before trying. No reason to be one of the first.

the day people fully understand DNA will be the day we can treat almost any skin problem, When your being developed in the fetus the DNA tells the skin to form. Then the DNA code becomes inactive after that point, seperate DNA is what controls the functions of healing which only generates cells to be sufficent for survival. If you were able to trick the body into thinking its in its fetal stage being developed you could in theory generate totaly new skin instead of repairing damaged skin.

Hey yall there's a cosmetic doctor by the name of Ngai in Vancouver Canada just north of Washington State. His website is called revivamd.com and who ever said that no one in north america is practicing autologous stem cell injections eh! Anyways theres also a website for a north american company practicing new adipose stem cell therapy and their website is http://www.istemcelli.com hope these resources help. I would also appreciate anyone keeping me updated on any results from these therapies.

anybody? anyone at all ?

i'm curious to find outwhen we'll see this being used for scarring.

It's already being used although not exactly widely and with disappointing results. When I first read this thread I got pretty excited but now, after having learned various things I believe there will never be a "stem cell treatment" that can significantly improve or get completely rid of (acne) scarring. What the Bulgarian doctor described here is basically the same as a filler only with added stem cells. And that does not get your skin back the way it was before acne scars came along contrary to what the Bulgarian doctor would have you believe. I bet other people would give you a different answer, though. But I gave you mine.

I think results depend on how the cells are handled and the overall health of the patient..

i certainly do think that there would be significant improvement..very close to what you had previously.

I think results depend on how the cells are handled and the overall health of the patient..

i certainly do think that there would be significant improvement..very close to what you had previously.

Maybe so. But I think even if something comes along like a stem celltreatment that is actually significantly beneficial, other treatments will still yield superior results.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

That's just it..Other methods have not yielded superior results and in some cases made matters worse. I don't doubt that the stem cells would work for significantly improving scarring but we are in the infancy of this treatment. Researchers are gathering breakthrough ideas every day. I think this will be superior to anything available without the risks involved but the real question is when will this form of treatment become available? It's all about money.

I'm pretty sure ECELL has so much more potential than ACELL.

But due to law, there is no further research. Poor countries like Ukraine use it but don't do enough research.

I mean there are thousands of abortions every day, so come on. You can kill it, but not use it for science... ?!?

Edited by Mr.Don

That's just it..Other methods have not yielded superior results and in some cases made matters worse. I don't doubt that the stem cells would work for significantly improving scarring but we are in the infancy of this treatment. Researchers are gathering breakthrough ideas every day. I think this will be superior to anything available without the risks involved but the real question is when will this form of treatment become available? It's all about money.

When you say "this form of treatment" what do you mean, exactly? Excision followed by injection of stem cells?

well i don't know for sure if there would have to be an excision.. i do know that stem cells are attracted to sites that need repair..perhaps the area of concern would have to have some form of controlled injury or wound in order to do what they do naturally, for the best result.

would anyone care to elaborate?

well i don't know for sure if there would have to be an excision.. i do know that stem cells are attracted to sites that need repair..perhaps the area of concern would have to have some form of controlled injury or wound in order to do what they do naturally, for the best result.

would anyone care to elaborate?

Yes, there would have to be an excision. There's really no other way for it to work as your body won't get rid of the scar tissue on its own and if there's scar tissue where you'd like there to be skin...your body won't be able to regrow skin in that spot. But an injection of stem cells alone after an excision won't do the trick. Stem cells play a role in regeneration but in order for them to be able to do their best work, let's say, the processes that get the formation of scar tissue going have to be put to a halt first. At least that's how I've understood it. Hypothetically, if I'm right...there's no reason to be saddened as there are quite a few treatments other than "stem cell treatments" which will give patients the results they hope for. Mark my words.

Glad i found this forum, so many great information here. Im an acne scar sufferer.

What is the best way to get rid of it? and the cost?

it would depend on the area treated and the problem. for something like scars the old tissue would have to be wounded ( maybe using medical needling..depending on the type of scar tissue ) or yes maybe even excised.

the exception would obviously be volume loss..

(again, this is all in theory) as i am not a professional in this field.