Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bulgarian R.

Stem Cells for Acne Scar Repair (SCIENCE FACT, not science fiction!)

Dr.Calabria in Beverly hills...

hiclub2, I read Dr. Calabria only does the stem cells at his office in Italy. Is he now doing this in California? Have you been in to talk to him?

hi, i live in italy..where can i find some reference , web site or telephone number of the doctor?

thx!!

Hi Ghet, If you decide to go to him please come back and share your experience with the board. You can't put links on this site. Italy call Anna Marie: + 39.349.4662323. do a search for Dr. Calabria

Let me know if you aren't able to find this.

He is in Milan.

Edited by Prague

Here is a list:

Stem Cells - Dr. Calabria - California and Italy

Stem Cells - Dr. Khan - London, Harley Street PRP THERAPY

Stem Cells and PRP - Seishin Regenerative Medicine Center in Japan

PRP in Canada: Dr. Choi

There is a new procedure here in the United States. It is called Selphyl (PRFM). Would like to know the difference between PRP and PRFM. PRFM uses Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix. The PRP in Japan has a platelet / white blood cell combo. I would like to know the dif. I wish BRD was on here to explain.

For the person that said we should only talk about stem cells on here, I do not think that is the case because this PRP / PRFM should be used in combo with the Stem Cells. I believe this is how BRD explained it.

BRD if you read this and don't want to post on the board please send me a private message.

prague- hey i want to do it as soon as possible either Dr.Newman or Dr.Calabria but I am saving up money.... Money is the big issue for me.... When are you planning to do it?

prague- hey i want to do it as soon as possible either Dr.Newman or Dr.Calabria but I am saving up money.... Money is the big issue for me.... When are you planning to do it?

I'm still researching. Have you met with either of the doctors? I'm concerned because they don't seem to specialize in scarring. Dr. Khan does, but I hate going that far. Keep me posted and let me know if you meet with either and I'll do the same.

I mean i already know the price so there is no point of meeting... once I get the money then I will meet him. Is money an issue for you also?

Edited by hiclub2

I mean i already know the price so there is no point of meeting... once I get the money then I will meet him. Is money an issue for you also?

No, I have the money now. I like to research and tend to overthink everything.

Edited by Prague

Damn.... I know your are slightly(?) doubting about this treatment but the treatment will help you not just your scars but your damaged(?) skin tone. This treatment is way different from Laser treatments that you are thinking about!!! It will help you skin no matter what!!!

If I had the money I would do it tomorrow :)

Edited by hiclub2

hiclub2, I read Dr. Calabria only does the stem cells at his office in Italy. Is he now doing this in California? Have you been in to talk to him?

hi, i live in italy..where can i find some reference , web site or telephone number of the doctor?

thx!!

Hi Ghet, If you decide to go to him please come back and share your experience with the board. You can't put links on this site. Italy call Anna Marie: + 39.349.4662323. do a search for Dr. Calabria

He is in Milan.

hi hiclub2, many thx for your reply and for the telephone contact of dr. calabria..i've searched for dr. calabria with google before ask here but i've found nothing. do you know if dr. calabria use prp for acne scaring or only stem cell? what i read from user prague he's doing only stem cell and i don't have so much money for a liposuction...

Damn.... I know your are slightly(?) doubting about this treatment but the treatment will help you not just your scars but your damaged(?) skin tone. This treatment is way different from Laser treatments that you are thinking about!!! It will help you skin no matter what!!!

If I had the money I would do it tomorrow :)

I know I should just do it. I hate needles and stuff like this. I'm afraid it could go wrong. I wonder if Dr. Newman and Calabria are doing this for scars. I will call the offices tomorrow.

thx!!

He is in Milan.

hi hiclub2, many thx for your reply and for the telephone contact of dr. calabria..i've searched for dr. calabria with google before ask here but i've found nothing. do you know if dr. calabria use prp for acne scaring or only stem cell? what i read from user prague he's doing only stem cell and i don't have so much money for a liposuction...

Hi Ghet,

I am going to call his office in CA and let you know. It is expensive. They remove the fat from your own body. That is where the stem cells come from.

yah...Dr.Calabria does not do PRP injection. He only does stemcell treatment. This is his webstie

http://www.drcalabriablog.com/contact-us/

Prague- I already called both of the offices and they told me that they do stemcell treatment for scar treatment.

Thanks, I didn't know. It isn't advertised on their websites. Do you think they are as good as Dr. Khan. It is easier for me to go to CA than London.

I mean you should get talk to Dr.Calabria & Dr.Newman and they will tell you how confident they are with scars... Their offices are pretty close so you should visit both. I am going to visit both of them when I get my money.

Edited by hiclub2

I mean you should get talk to Dr.Calabria & Dr.Newman and they will tell you how confident they are with scars... Their offices are pretty close so you should visit both.

Do you know anyone on this site or just anyone that has gone to either for scars? What kind of reputation do they have?

Edited by Prague

Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who went to see both of the doctors... On the website as you can see they are on the news and magazines so they seem pretty reputable.

I mean you should get talk to Dr.Calabria & Dr.Newman and they will tell you how confident they are with scars... Their offices are pretty close so you should visit both. I am going to visit both of them when I get my money.

When do you think you will have the money? I would love for you to go now and tell me how it goes, you are in CA aren't you?

Unfortunately, not anytime soon.... I do have care credit but I have to increase the limit since the price is sooo expensive. I do live in CA.

Unfortunately, not anytime soon.... I do have care credit but I have to increase the limit since the price is sooo expensive. I do live in CA.

Do you know what they charge?

The price ranges from 5000-9500bucks depends how severe is your scar and how many areas are you treating..

The price ranges from 5000-9500bucks depends how severe is your scar and how many areas are you treating..

Do the stem cells add volume or is it all just healing? Seems the PRP Therapy should be used with the stem cells from what BRD said on here. Where is BRD?

You should ask those question when you see the doctor. I do not know where is BRD. Also, I am currently getting PRP injection.

You should ask those question when you see the doctor. I do not know where is BRD. Also, I am currently getting PRP injection.

Are the PRP injections working? How often do you get them? Do they call it Selphyl?

I never heard of Selphyl... I only got PRP injection once... So it's not a miracle but I do see some improvement so far.

I never heard of Selphyl... I only got PRP injection once... So it's not a miracle but I do see some improvement so far.

Where is the improvement? Is it skin tone? or actual scar healing?