Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bulgarian R.

Stem Cells for Acne Scar Repair (SCIENCE FACT, not science fiction!)

missElegia- did you get a better result from PRP injection or DeepFX? I recently did PRP injection my first time and I do see some results... but other derm recommended me DeepFX... Also, how much percent did it improve you after doing PRP injection? how many times did you do? why 15times? isn't that too much? I am planning to do about 6times and then do stem cell treatment.

I said that I'll do 15 treatments if I need to, not that I'm planning to do so many. ;) Right now I'm planning to do at least 2 more treatments, and then I'll see what is the result and what my options are. I just meant that I'm so committed to improve my skin that I'll do everything I can.

I think I got a better result from fraxel restore + prp than from deepfx. What I hated about deepfx was that it took ages to heal. I went to work 7 days after the treatment, but it took at least 4 months for the redness to fade away. My skin is extremely fair, almost white (you know, white like milk or paper).

I had the PRP done in two ways: 1) injection AND 2) plasma sprayed all over my face after the fraxel treatment. Actually I got the leftover of the plasma with me, so I put it on my face in the evening and the morning after the treatment. So I had a small tube of plasma in my fridge... :ninja:

It is difficult to say about the improvement percentage. I have to big scars / scar areas that were treated. On the other one, I have seen now maybe 50 % improvement, on the other one, not so much, maybe 5-10 %.

One option is of course to combine deepFX (or totalFX) and PRP. That might give good results.

missElegia- did you get a better result from PRP injection or DeepFX? I recently did PRP injection my first time and I do see some results... but other derm recommended me DeepFX... Also, how much percent did it improve you after doing PRP injection? how many times did you do? why 15times? isn't that too much? I am planning to do about 6times and then do stem cell treatment.

I said that I'll do 15 treatments if I need to, not that I'm planning to do so many. ;) Right now I'm planning to do at least 2 more treatments, and then I'll see what is the result and what my options are. I just meant that I'm so committed to improve my skin that I'll do everything I can.

I think I got a better result from fraxel restore + prp than from deepfx. What I hated about deepfx was that it took ages to heal. I went to work 7 days after the treatment, but it took at least 4 months for the redness to fade away. My skin is extremely fair, almost white (you know, white like milk or paper).

I had the PRP done in two ways: 1) injection AND 2) plasma sprayed all over my face after the fraxel treatment. Actually I got the leftover of the plasma with me, so I put it on my face in the evening and the morning after the treatment. So I had a small tube of plasma in my fridge... :ninja:

It is difficult to say about the improvement percentage. I have to big scars / scar areas that were treated. On the other one, I have seen now maybe 50 % improvement, on the other one, not so much, maybe 5-10 %.

One option is of course to combine deepFX (or totalFX) and PRP. That might give good results.

I live in the United States and am having a hard time finding a doctor to do the PRP Therapy on me, can you tell me the name and location of your doctor. Thank you.

I live in the United States and am having a hard time finding a doctor to do the PRP Therapy on me, can you tell me the name and location of your doctor. Thank you.

I live in Europe, in Finland, so I don't know if this really is an option for you? PRP is done in several European countries: Ireland, England, Austria and Finland, propably in many other countries too, but these I've found when I did a google search. I would be amazed if you didn't have this in the U.S.

I live in Europe, in Finland, so I don't know if this really is an option for you? PRP is done in several European countries: Ireland, England, Austria and Finland, propably in many other countries too, but these I've found when I did a google search. I would be amazed if you didn't have this in the U.S.

Actually, Finland may work for me, my husband travels there from time to time. Could you give me your doctors name and location. The United States is so far behind with the stem cell treatments and PRP Therapy. They are doing the PRP for joint/tendon injuries and is becoming popular for athletes to have these treatments now. I have found a few Doctors in the States that specialize in PRP therapy for injuries doing injections for the face, but I'm not comfortable with this and want someone that specializes in cosmetic surgery or dermatology.

Do you feel there is no benefit to doing PRP alone? or do you feel this procedure should be combined with another procedure such as a laser. I'm not interested in doing any more treatments and was damaged by a laser, just want to add the plasma to help build collagen and hopefully, help repair my skin.

Actually, Finland may work for me, my husband travels there from time to time. Could you give me your doctors name and location. The United States is so far behind with the stem cell treatments and PRP Therapy. They are doing the PRP for joint/tendon injuries and is becoming popular for athletes to have these treatments now. I have found a few Doctors in the States that specialize in PRP therapy for injuries doing injections for the face, but I'm not comfortable with this and want someone that specializes in cosmetic surgery or dermatology.

Do you feel there is no benefit to doing PRP alone? or do you feel this procedure should be combined with another procedure such as a laser. I'm not interested in doing any more treatments and was damaged by a laser, just want to add the plasma to help build collagen and hopefully, help repair my skin.

Ok, I'll send you pm, I think giving links to web sites is not aloud in here.

I actually don't think doing one prp treatment alone is enough. Of course, it is your skin and your money, and I don't think there is basically any risk in this treatment. I mean it is your own blood, how could it harm you.

Which laser damaged you?

In doing prp, you need to get the plasma under your skin somehow, so that the stem cells can help to rebuild collagen. You can have a filler made of plasma, but I think it's a good idea to include also an other method, either needling or some laser that make tiny holes in your skin. That is how the stem cells get into other layers of your skin. I'm not very good in explaining this, but you propably know the theory behind it anyway.

In my first treatment, I had a laser treatment done with very low settings, and I healed in just two days. Yesterday, the levels were little bit higher, but I'm planning to go back to work on Monday, so I'll have only 2-3 days of downtime. I'll use make-up anyway.

I am doing PRP injection with selas 3times and 3times dermastamp. Also, 1time microlaser peeling. Those are my plan with my Doctor and after I am going to do stem cell treatment.... I hope it will give me a dramatic improvement.... It's a lot of money that I am spending.... It's my last hope!!!!

I am doing PRP injection with selas 3times and 3times dermastamp. Also, 1time microlaser peeling. Those are my plan with my Doctor and after I am going to do stem cell treatment.... I hope it will give me a dramatic improvement.... It's a lot of money that I am spending.... It's my last hope!!!!

Did you do the PRP at the same time as the dermastamp? Have you noticed improvement from just the combo of these 2 treatments?

What is Selas? I can't find this on the internet.

oh it's actually Sellas. I spelled it wrong :) yah i did PRP injection with dermastamp only once. it's hard to tell a dramatic improvement but i do see some improvement and my skin tone got better. the dermastamp hurts like crazy though...

Hi to all on this thread

I have been following this thread since a while,I know the people here by their posts.

most of people here (80%)here are of moderate scars that are not noteciable at all,(maybe I am one of them) and every person here thinks he has the worst scars on the forum even in the world.I also think that we reached a mental sickness because of our skins.This DOESN'T mean we dont have the right to treat our skins but it is important not to go crazy in that.

It is enough for all here that they have sick minds because of their skins(also I am one of them)so it is absoluty destructive to have clashes between each others .

so to be sincere i read icaretohelp's experience, none here has the right to offend him I think if anyone here on the forum had experienced what he had experienced and payed what he has payed, I am SURE THAT HE WILL NOT BE HERE AGAIN ON THE FORUM TO DISCUSS HIS EXPERIENCE FOR THE BENIFIT OF OTHERS AND FOR FREE, and as I see many are here to take the benifits of the thread in a greedy wway and not taking care of the remaining sufferers as they think themselves as that they have the worst skin problem (from their points pof view).

I also want to add, that i consulted a lot of derms in my country and i did Dermabrasion in one of the most reputable PS's at my country,where most of them were ignorent and arrogant and they never care about me as well as their patients,BUT FRANKLY A CONSULTATION WITH DR KHAN FROM OVERSEAS WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HE SOUNDS REALLY A PERSON WHO CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS (WHY HE WOULD CALL ME (IN PERSON )BACK WITHOUT SEEING HIM IN PERSON) TO DISCUSS MY PROBLEM , WHILE ALSO NOT PAYING HIM A PENNY ,WHERE I USED TO SPEND A LOT OF MY MONEY FOR A USELESS CONSULTATIONS WITH IGNORENT DOCTORS FROM HERE AND THERE.(I AM NOT ADVERTISING FOR DR.KHAN BUT THAT WAS THE TRUTH AND WHAT I FELT)

as for BRD I think he is a kind doctor and a nice polite human;why?

because:

1-he is giving the forum a part of his time and sometimes he replies twice for one question and that all for free

2-he inspires people here that there are good treatments that may get their lost souls and made most of us think and search before doing any wrong procedure.

3-most of the people here started at least telling their doctors about this cutting edge treatment which i think is going to spread this method:a-faster

b-at less costs

also it is a reference for anyone wants to spread the info posted here he will be available of lot as info to enrich his derm/PS about the treatment.

I think BRD is following also the thread but not commenting and maybe he also gets some info from the searches and experiences done by the members here.

Hope that we all get an excellent treatment for our scars and also I hope that we stay patients because we are near a very good solution(treatment) for scarring.

Hi to all on this thread

I have been following this thread since a while,I know the people here by their posts.

most of people here (80%)here are of moderate scars that are not noteciable at all,(maybe I am one of them) and every person here thinks he has the worst scars on the forum even in the world.I also think that we reached a mental sickness because of our skins.This DOESN'T mean we dont have the right to treat our skins but it is important not to go crazy in that.

It is enough for all here that they have sick minds because of their skins(also I am one of them)so it is absoluty destructive to have clashes between each others .

so to be sincere i read icaretohelp's experience, none here has the right to offend him I think if anyone here on the forum had experienced what he had experienced and payed what he has payed, I am SURE THAT HE WILL NOT BE HERE AGAIN ON THE FORUM TO DISCUSS HIS EXPERIENCE FOR THE BENIFIT OF OTHERS AND FOR FREE, and as I see many are here to take the benifits of the thread in a greedy wway and not taking care of the remaining sufferers as they think themselves as that they have the worst skin problem (from their points pof view).

I also want to add, that i consulted a lot of derms in my country and i did Dermabrasion in one of the most reputable PS's at my country,where most of them were ignorent and arrogant and they never care about me as well as their patients,BUT FRANKLY A CONSULTATION WITH DR KHAN FROM OVERSEAS WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HE SOUNDS REALLY A PERSON WHO CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS (WHY HE WOULD CALL ME (IN PERSON )BACK WITHOUT SEEING HIM IN PERSON) TO DISCUSS MY PROBLEM , WHILE ALSO NOT PAYING HIM A PENNY ,WHERE I USED TO SPEND A LOT OF MY MONEY FOR A USELESS CONSULTATIONS WITH IGNORENT DOCTORS FROM HERE AND THERE.(I AM NOT ADVERTISING FOR DR.KHAN BUT THAT WAS THE TRUTH AND WHAT I FELT)

because:

1-he is giving the forum a part of his time and sometimes he replies twice for one question and that all for free

2-he inspires people here that there are good treatments that may get their lost souls and made most of us think and search before doing any wrong procedure.

3-most of the people here started at least telling their doctors about this cutting edge treatment which i think is going to spread this method:a-faster

b-at less costs

also it is a reference for anyone wants to spread the info posted here he will be available of lot as info to enrich his derm/PS about the treatment.

I think BRD is following also the thread but not commenting and maybe he also gets some info from the searches and experiences done by the members here.

Hope that we all get an excellent treatment for our scars and also I hope that we stay patients because we are near a very good solution(treatment) for scarring.

Why do i feel that this is "icaretohelp" from another/new account?

Sorry icaretohelp if it wasn't you, but either ways, who ever this new person is, WE UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO SAY, DR KHAN IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD ! OKAY, GOT IT ! Can you just give a break.. jeez.. I respect what he has done and all the treatments he's doing with the stemcells. But no need to advertise for him here, we know what he offers. I just hope that he's not the one behind all of this. I really hope that you guys aren't together. Full stop.

Edited by *unknown*

i would go see Dr.Kahn only if he is in the US.

You mentioned before that there are doctors in the US doing what Dr. Kahn is doing, do you have their names?

Is there a derm in Australia who does stem cell treatment?

I know it's in here somewhere, but the thread has grown so large I cant dig it up.

Here are a couple of PRP before/after pics.

mcmedgroup.com/mcacnescar.html

(Add www.)

PRP-Dr. Cha (internist MD) in LA.

keloid scar- Dr. Keel(dermatologist DO) in SD.

stem cell-two Dr. in CA(Beverly hills) & one Dr. in Mexico.

Edited by hiclub2

Hi to all on this thread

because:

b-at less costs

Why do i feel that this is "icaretohelp" from another/new account?

Sorry icaretohelp if it wasn't you, but either ways, who ever this new person is, WE UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TRYING TO SAY, DR KHAN IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD ! OKAY, GOT IT ! Can you just give a break.. jeez.. I respect what he has done and all the treatments he's doing with the stemcells. But no need to advertise for him here, we know what he offers. I just hope that he's not the one behind all of this. I really hope that you guys aren't together. Full stop.

I am not icaretohelp

I hope i was him, at least he got rid of his scars, and if i was him may be i am not here to arque and give inspiration and tell about my experience,anyway you can think whatever you like and keep being pessimestic thats your opinion which u can keep,

but please mate if you find another treatment which is successful to a 50% improvement tell the others about it.

we need optimism please (who ever the doctor is or the treatment.)

(Add www.)

Great pics, but I wonder if this accomplished by using PRP/Dermarolling with something else.

Edited by Prague

PRP-Dr. Cha (internist MD) in LA.

keloid scar- Dr. Keel(dermatologist DO) in SD.

stem cell-two Dr. in CA(Beverly hills) & one Dr. in Mexico.

Hi hiclub2 - I beleive the Stem Cell Dr. in LA is Nathan Newman? Do you know the name of the other?

(Add www.)

Great pics, but I wonder if this accomplished by using PRP/Dermarolling with something else.

Apparently the results were gained by using PRP/Dermarolling and PDT treatments to speed healing. One thing I did note was that they say it takes 5-10 sessions. I do wonder if they reuse the dermarollers (for the same patient of course). I think using a new one every time would yield better results.

Hiclub2, thank you for that list.

Has anyone here made a list of doctors offering certain treatments? I don't know if that would be allowed but a directory of doctors/locations/treatments/reviews would be helpful.

Dr.Calabria in Beverly hills...

hiclub2, I read Dr. Calabria only does the stem cells at his office in Italy. Is he now doing this in California? Have you been in to talk to him?

yah I called their office and they told me they do stem cell treatment in CA also.

hiclub2

Do you have a reason for not going to him? Doesn't seem like he specializes in acne scars like Dr. Kahn, but Dr. Calabria is very impressive. His before/after pics are amazing.

Edited by Prague

Dr.Calabria in Beverly hills...

hiclub2, I read Dr. Calabria only does the stem cells at his office in Italy. Is he now doing this in California? Have you been in to talk to him?

hi, i live in italy..where can i find some reference , web site or telephone number of the doctor?

thx!!