Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miszANH

Full Face Threading

....Why would you need to do anything with your face? I pluck my eyebrows and bleach my upper lip... what other kind of hair is there? O_O

haha that's what I'm thinking.

there's like the fine hair you have on your face, which for some people varies in thickness, etc...but seriously getting your whole face threaded seems extreme! :think:

if anything just bleach it like white tea said.

@Lady25: If they're just a few particularly dark hairs, I would totally suggest plucking them. That's what I do. Eventually the follicle will die and they'll stop growing back. Bleaching is best when there are many hairs that you want to 'get rid of'.

Meh, the way I see it is that you have to do what you have to do. If some women need to do it, they can do it by all means.

I just try to limit hair removal to necessity-- there is nothing more annoying than a long regimen. (And because of my ethnicity, it... kinda comes with the package. lol I am a hair removal pro.)

I've tried it on my brows and upper lip. I liked the results too...until recently! I got this weird trail of pimples all along my upper lip! Like 1,2,3,4...in a row. It's the grossest thing ever and very difficult to cover up. I'm not talking whiteheads wither but like huge bumps! I'm not sure if the threading caused it or what. Before I always noticed a little irritation on the lip after threading with a few pimples little whiteheads but now its seriously like a trail on half of my upper lip. Very strange...and very ug.

Anywho, anyone else have this prob? Or has breakout especially concentrated on their upper lip? Any suggestions for hair removal that's not threading or waxing (def not shaving) for upper lip?

I've tried it on my brows and upper lip. I liked the results too...until recently! I got this weird trail of pimples all along my upper lip! Like 1,2,3,4...in a row. It's the grossest thing ever and very difficult to cover up. I'm not talking whiteheads wither but like huge bumps! I'm not sure if the threading caused it or what. Before I always noticed a little irritation on the lip after threading with a few pimples little whiteheads but now its seriously like a trail on half of my upper lip. Very strange...and very ug.

Anywho, anyone else have this prob? Or has breakout especially concentrated on their upper lip? Any suggestions for hair removal that's not threading or waxing (def not shaving) for upper lip?

Threading is awesome for the eyebrows! I must caution you that it is not for anywhere else on the face. I got my first and last full facial threading done about 4 years ago because I read online somewhere that acne could be caused by clogged hair follicles. Since then, the hair of my face has grown back in awkward directions that actually make my face look less smooth when looked at up close. And for those of us with scars, we could do without anymore texture.

As for breakouts afterward, I had more than usual. I was irritated for days and slightly itchy.

Take Care,

Ashley

White Tea--tell me about I accept it more because it really is just unavoidable with my heritage.

I'm Indian and I go to Indian salons for threading...I see a lot of women get their eyebrows/upper lip/chin threaded. It's a pretty normal regimen for many of them because as you said it's just what we've gotta do.

I find that my face gets the most aggrevated when my acne is flaring up. I try to avoid threading around my period or a particularly painful breakout. I can't bleach my upper lip because the skin burns for some reason...anywhere else handles it fine, though.

@ughhgross: My best guess as to why you got some bumps was because the pores got clogged up. Removing the hair from a follicle leaves them wiiide open for all sorts of bacteria and uck to get in and clog it up. That's why it's always best to clean after waxing, for example. Don't play with them; they'll get worse! (; Just keep them clean and don't put on any lip products that could clog the pores even further.

@Lady25: Girl, I feel you. I'm Middle Eastern. Actually I just bleached my upper lip last night (hahaha) and it burned, too! I think it's because the bleach is overwhelming for that particular area of skin, or because the skin is more sensitive because of acne, or both! I know the latter is true in my case-- right now I'm in the process of bouncing back from my worst break-out ever. I guess threading would be great for your case; eventually the hair will stop growing! This is my waxing/sugaring mantra. lol It's what keeps me going despite the pain!

....Why would you need to do anything with your face? I pluck my eyebrows and bleach my upper lip... what other kind of hair is there? O_O

:lol: this made me chuckle. We're not all so lucky to be of western and/or northern european descent! :P Some girls, depending on their ethnicity, might have more and/or thicker and/or darker hair which makes it more noticeable. I'm sure just about everyone has hair in the same areas it's just the texture and color that make it more noticeable on some people.

I'm a guy and I do it lol... sorry but I don't like having big dark hairs growing under my eye... or on my nose! It is noticeable for me anyway, so yeah, I do it to myself

DERMAPLANNING IS THE WAY TO GO. It is used for getting rid of dead skin, but will remove hair in the process. I swear by it

I did have positive experiences with threading for my brows. However, would probably not get entire face done again. I am not sure if it was the make up remover and lotion used on my face or the threading itself, but my entire face has been broke out with bumps for weeks. I do not think it's acne. I began exfoliating daily and that has helped.

I just posted in another thread (again, pun not intended!) on this forum. Breaking out after threading has been a constant problem for me.

At first with my brows. Cortisone cream immediately following (applied with a sterile swab) helped this and my brows became accustomed to the treatment.

My lip never has. A little research into this leads me to believe that it's the trauma caused to the area and the body's reaction to that which is causing the breakout. I have no idea if this is valid.

I am trying to desensitize the area both before and after the threading with benzocaine (look for a topical cream with either lidocaine or benzocaine - don't fall for the waxing desensitizing stuff, same ingredients, triple the price - ask your pharmacist).

The benzocaine didn't prevent the breakout, but it did treat it very well. For me, this has been the best course of action.

Sunscreen is the fountain of youth.

I get my face threaded once a month, but I'm going to stop because I use tretinoid. It hurts beyond your wildest dreams, but its worth it because your face looks brighter and smoother.

DERMAPLANNING IS THE WAY TO GO. It is used for getting rid of dead skin, but will remove hair in the process. I swear by it

Couldn't agree more! Threading led to all kinds of itching and breakouts for me. Dermaplanning is amazing for excess peach fuzz and dry skin. On occasion I've even used a Gillette Mach 3. I get dermaplane done @ the derms office and this tip(about the Gillette razor was from the her) works well for touch ups between appointments.

Any other advice on removing facial hair? I hate waxing, and hate acne and facial hair, especially being a girl. It sucks :(