Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gettheglow

eliminating a nodule

So I had this huge flesh-colored lump under my cheek for at least a month, and I knew it was going to became inflamed aaaaaaany day. But I just had to interfere because I'm dumb like that :X so I poked at it for awhile and sure enough the next day it had turned to a huge inflamed lump, pretty hard underneath the surface. I'm going back to school in < a week and I do NOT want this on my face.. Do you guys have any advice to help it come to a head so I can get rid of it?!

THANK YOU

If you're willing to pay the money as well as take the risk, a cortizone shot from the dermatologist is your best bet in my opinion. It's the only thing that I've tried that has definitely taken down the lump under a weeks time.

You do risk the chance of having that section of skin "sink in" for a few months.. but it's pretty rare.

Other than that, icing it and taking ibprofun has helped a little with me..

2nd the cortisone shot. A derm may also be able to extract the core of the nodule, which will help prevent it from coming back again.