Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
i_hate_acne_

Flakiness in Morning

Hey Guys,

So, quick history: had acne for a while, been on Regimen for a couple months, predictable {REDICULOUSLY AWESOME :D } results. But ok, I got a problem. The moisturizer+jojoba mix I use has been working great for the day time, but every morning I wake up with flakes everywhere.

I think it is because my face is rubbing against my pillow and blankets, but that really can't be helped if I want to sleep comfortably. I'm sure others must have this problem of morning flakiness, and I am wondering what you guys do to counteract it.

Thanks so much, these messageboards are always so helpful,

m

You know, I always used to get flakiness in the mornings as well. And for the last few months since I've been using dan's AHA moisturiser at night, I haven't had any flakiness at all. It's actually been my saviour, because flakiness is so annoying esp if your a girl and need to put foundation/concealer on, because you can't really over flakiness, so I'd be exfoliating nearly every day. AHA exfoliates for you, you just need to use it instead of your current moisturiser at night. :D

i never even knew AHA got rid of flakes until i started using it, was a nice surprise.

i use AHA at night and i still have flakes in the morning... should I use more? how much do you use?

I am having this same issue. What is odd is not my whole face is flaky in the morning, its usually just random sections like between my eyebrows, my temples, and the sides of my nose. Weird I know, I also use AHA+ in lieu of the moisturizer, but the flakiness still happens. sorry to kinda jack the thread but what is a good way to remove the flakiness?

I get the same deal with certain areas (between eyebrows, temples) having flakes in the morning, especially on the cheek that I was laying on. The flakiness is driving me crazy! I too started using AHA a few months back in an effort to cure the flakes, and for the first month or so it worked fantastic. No flakiness, no need to even moisturize at all. Then it started coming back, so I used a little moisturizer to cover up the small problem areas, but they grew and grew and now its pretty much my whole face. Right now I have to moisturize several times a day just to keep from looking like a lizard. Any advice on how to get rid of flakiness once and for all would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem! Have made some moisturizer and wash changes which have definitely helped (I now use CeraVe), but I still feel like I need a manual exfolation every once and a while to completely keep away any flakes. Any reccomendations?

hey guys...im the starter of this thread,

first of all, what all of you are describing (flakiness in weird places...AHA not working) is EXACTLY what ive been going through...ADMINS!..this seems to be a popular issue...which I am guessing must have been dealt with before...WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

i switch between using Dan's lotion+jojoba oil AND Jergens lotion plus ALOE.

i use the aloe one in the morning and dans at night.

the aloe one is realllly thick but not greasy, plus you can't

go wrong with aloe.

i'd try something like that. Its ok to mix lotions with dans

Regimen, just not cleansers.

I've tried like 3 or 4 moisturizers now and still have this problem. I use like 6 drops of jojoba in it too! Also, AHA at night. I find nothing will combat these buggers...

We need some better options...

Maybe adding salt or sugar to Dan's cleanser?

**POSTER**

So, i havent seen any overall "trick" but may try the aloe vera thing decribed above....CMON NOW GUYS THO....THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING THAT ALL THE (IM GUESSING THOUSANDS) OF PEOPLE WITH THIS PROBLEM USE...we just need to find it!

ANY post will help! thanks!

Maybe you need to scale back on the AHA regiman. IMHO this is still an acid, and my derm says any overuse is not good for your skin. The flakiness I think is the dead skin exfoliation from the AHA. Since its on the thinner sections of your skin, I would suggest using the AHA products on alternate or third days.

Dan mentioned in his jojoba oil video on utube that he uses 6 drops of jojoba oil with his moisturizer in the morning, but 12 drops at night. If you're still experiencing the dryness and flakiness, why not increase jojoba oil drops if you're already usin it and see if that helps?

I've been on the regimen for 9 weeks and I'm still flaking like crazy in the morning. I use Dan's cleanser, Dan's BP, and Complex 15 + jojoba oil as a moisturizer.

At night I use AHA as the moisturizer.

I flake like nobody's business!

I really hope someone can figure this mess out. Seems like a huge problem with the regimen. There has got to be a cleanser with like beads or something that will exfoliate the dead skin off.

Help?

Year+ user here, who really only flakes in the winter (but boy does it get bad!).

The Complex15/Emu oil combo is my savior for daytime flake control, but only for about 6 hours...

At night I do something funny, I mix about equal amounts of Dan's AHA, Cleanser, and Jojoba in my palm and then glob it on baby!

I guess it works for me, if anything it just saves some time. ;)

same problem.. some people try using joboba all over right after washing there face.. it works ok for me.. but doesnt solve anything too much, helps a little.

I had the same problem for the first week and a half but I found that after switching moisturizers to Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion it really helped out a lot

I first started using cetaphil lotion + jojoba oil. It only worked for a week or so. I tried it without jojoba oil and total flake control. Starting to heal too, just flakes around mouth left.

I had the same problem, I purchased sebamed clear face moisturizer but it didnt really help, I then tried cetaphil ultra moisturizer lotion and it worked great, I saw almost immediate results. Good Luck!!!