Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wb

moisturizing

my skin is getting very dry and flakey where im putting the majority of the bp. even after i moisturize it gets dry again. should i keep applying the moisturizer until im no longer dry even if it take A LOT? like even more than the bp i put on. i started probably 3 weeks ago and put on only about 3/4th of one fingers worth on the bottom half of my face and then just a little on the top half. my face is really red and it even feels warm sometimes. also my neck is very red and dry too... what should i do please help me out thanks a lot.

If your face is red and really dry it might be irritated from the BP. It might be wise to scale back on the amount of BP you're using on your face and neck and then slowly work your way back up.

As you're on the BP, use however much you need to stay moisturized. It's just as important as the BP.

let me guess you are using a bar soap...maybe purpose? If so change to a gentler liquid cleanser and cut down the amount of time you spend washing your face to not more than 10 seconds.

frances, actually im doing the proactiv system. ive done it before but it never dried me out like this. i think it is the amount of bp im putting on. how long should i wait until i increase the amount i put on? thanks again.

frances, actually im doing the proactiv system. ive done it before but it never dried me out like this. i think it is the amount of bp im putting on. how long should i wait until i increase the amount i put on? thanks again.

if ur face is dry n red from the bp would it be ok if u stop using bp and just put mosturizer on until your face is back to normal.