Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
L0VE

For Those Who Have Had SUBCISION

Where are you located?

Hi Pogo, I'm in TN, but location isn't an issue if it's in the U.S.

I had 2 subcisions. I live in the northeast. I'm sure someone can supply you with information about a good dermatologist who performs subcision in your region of the country. I would want to go to the best doctor I could as well but I don't think, that there is a dermatologist that's considered the go to guy for subcision.

Subcision doesn't seem like one of those procedures that requires an especially talented Dr. Yes there is some skill and some art involved and yes if done sloppily there is the potential for further scarring, but there really isn't much to the procedure. All they do is numb the area to be treated and then stick a nokor needle under the skin and move it around. If you hear popping that's a good thing bc that means the fibrous tissue that's holding the skin down and creating the wave like appearance of your rolling scars is being broken. I bruised up a little afterwards, but that's supposed to be a good thing too. My doctor looked like he could have done the procedure blind folded.

Best of luck!

what is the result of a rolling scar that does not break free from the bond with the deep dermis layer?

Is the treatment for box-car scars similar? If you know and don;t mind giving that information, I was curious and would like to hear. What does the procedure usually cost you?

Thanks

what is the result of a rolling scar that does not break free from the bond with the deep dermis layer?

An indention.

Is the treatment for box-car scars similar? ... What does the procedure usually cost you?

Yes, and $300 to $800 average (here, in midsouth US)

sounds like needling, which many here have done on themselves. better to go with a pro, but you just be careful to not go too deep with needle and it should be the same or similar. :snooty:

What's going on, LOVE... Still using Restylane? Have you looked into Silicone LIS injections?

Yes, just Resty twice a year. I don't want to use any silicone products. I plan to have a subdermal graft; permanent fix. Not perfect (nothing is), but anyway... it's on my to-do list. I wanted to get local subcision because it's part of the subdermal process, and didn't want to fly in (doctor is far) for the 30 day and 2 week pre-op subcisions.

But, looks like I'll have to.. the derms here won't/don't do subcision.

Hey love,

There is a doctor here in Dallas, Rick Wilson, who does subcision; Dan T. went to him and said he was great. I had a consult with him about a year ago, but he did not think I was a good candidate for it.

Try contacting Dan T. so he can give you all the details as he did for me.

So has anyone actually had success with subcision or punch grafting?

I have one depressed, has a small ice pick near by it, then an inch away have 3 small ice picks.

I would like to get rid of my main depressed scar that is more significant.

Hy i got three subcisions so far got okay results my observation is when your swelling subsides your scars go even more deep and look more depressed, anyone else observed the same thing. Any question, feel free to ask

What's going on, LOVE... Still using Restylane? Have you looked into Silicone LIS injections?

If your still looking for a Doctor who does subcision , I went to Dr. Rapport in New Jersey.

He seems to be informed and care lika a "doctor" should. My skin is better from one subscision and two fraxels.

Where are you located?

Hi Pogo, I'm in TN, but location isn't an issue if it's in the U.S.

Dear Love:

I live about six hours from Tennessee in Central Missouri and had subcision and the TCA Cross Method done on my scars yesterday by my dermatologist.

Today is day two and I have virtually no bruising and almost no swelling. My dermatologist is a skilled surgeon, very compassionate, and thoroughly explains everything that he is going to before he does it :dance:.

My wife and I are both amazed at how good I look today. I've been taking 1,000 mg of vitamin C and 50mg of Zinc for several months as this is good for collagen development and wound repair.

I posted a message yesterday with "play-by-play" commentary on the entire procedure if you're interested.

His office also has a SPA for other esthetic dermatological procedures.

Attached is a link to his website. I highly recommend this physician.

http://www.columbiaderm.com/

Matt,

You had subcision and TCA cross done in the same day??? Did you have cross done on your entire face? I am looking into both of these. I have one depressed scar that is a little deep on my right side of face and then 3 or 4 ice picks that I'd like gone.

What did you have subcision done for and cross done for? Let me know how it works out for you. I'll keep an eye out for your posts too.

I just wasn't sure it would be safe to do cross and subcision in the same day?

Matt,

You had subcision and TCA cross done in the same day??? Did you have cross done on your entire face? I am looking into both of these. I have one depressed scar that is a little deep on my right side of face and then 3 or 4 ice picks that I'd like gone.

What did you have subcision done for and cross done for? Let me know how it works out for you. I'll keep an eye out for your posts too.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just saw your post.

Yes, I had subcision done on my rolling scars and the TCA Cross Method done on several ice pick scars and both were done on the same day. It's been a week today since I've had the procedures and I am only slightly bruised.

I am planning on going back for round two of subcision in April or May.

I will be posting pictures in three weeks. I am creating a "mini documentary" of my journey and hope that people will find it helpful. :surprised:

Matt,

Yes, I had subcision done on my rolling scars and the TCA Cross Method done on several ice pick scars and both were done on the same day. It's been a week today since I've had the procedures and I am only slightly bruised.

I will be posting pictures in three weeks. I am creating a "mini documentary" of my journey and hope that people will find it helpful. :surprised:

My derm recommended subcision to me. But i have ice pick scars, do you think TCA Cross is better for ice pick scars?

Matt,

My derm recommended subcision to me. But i have ice pick scars, do you think TCA Cross is better for ice pick scars?

Yes. The TCA Cross Method is better for ice pick scars.

matt, please keep us updated. Post once the bruising has gone down adn then post again a few weeks after that. Let us know the amount of improvement on different scarring.

The type of treatments you had are what I am looking into. I am looking into doing subcision first and then TCA cross.

Do you notice improvement yet? There are so many mixed reviews about these things...I have a dermatological surgeon in my city that specializes in these procedures along with many acne scar removal techniques. I have not been to him yet, because I am healing my active acne...but I would like to get subcision done next fall or end of the summer followed by a TCA cross to blend everything together and get rid of the smaller scarring.

Post percentage improval and type of scars...are your rolling ones kind of depressed and longer or deeper? Just wondering.

thanks. Also, how much did it cost...include that as well. Thanks--

I just had it done for the first time today for my rolling scars. I look ridiculous right now but I am hopeful because even before any swelling could set in it looked like they were lifted.

I plan to do it at least two more times. My Dr. is Dr. Morganroth at the California Skin Institute in Mountain View.

d

I just had it done for the first time today for my rolling scars. I look ridiculous right now but I am hopeful because even before any swelling could set in it looked like they were lifted.

I plan to do it at least two more times. My Dr. is Dr. Morganroth at the California Skin Institute in Mountain View.

d

I had subcision done with no results, My doctor who did the procedure is in Nashville Tn, He has good reviews I just didn't like my results.....His name is Brian Biesman