Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alika

Natural Daytime Topicals For Oily Skin

So I use propolis as a night time topical, and I think that's been going pretty well. Trouble is, it's really greasy so it's not very ideal for daytime usage. I've tried moisturizers but they usually just make my skin more oily. I'm looking for either natural products or home made topicals that could dry my skin out or at least alleviate some of my oil problems. Thanks for your time

maybe u can try complex 15

u can only buy it online tho...

It's a moisturizer that binds water together~ I always use it with 1 drop of jojoba oil and about the size of ur nail complex 15 on my whole face~

It keep u moist without any greasy effect~

Milk of magnesia absorbs oil and the magnesia is good for you. There's a thread on the Cosmetics board. Paula Begoun of Paula's Choice/The Cosmetics Cop also recommends it

There are also moisturizers with oil absorbers or skin mattefiers with silicone. And there's silicon gels like Monistat Chafe relief gel. There's a thread on that too.

One thing you have to understand is that if you use products to dry up your face. Your body's natural response will be to produce more oil, after which you will need to apply the topical more often. I had a similar problem, but once I dropped drying topicals my skin was quite oily for a time, but then returned to a "normal" level.

My tip is for you to stop using the drying topicals, and simply endure oily skin for a while. Also, try rubbing olive oil into your skin, it is non-comedogenic and will reduce sebum production.

I massage essential oil into my skin, and it works wonderfully to control the sebum production.

Lemon, orange, grapefruit, lavender, and peppermint all work really well

You should try this since you're into the naturals. I've found that putting the BP first in my regimen and using mineral water as a toner has made all the difference.

Cleanse your face morning and night - never miss!

I use clean and clear 10% BP face wash - rinse by splashing water on your face, do not rub with a washcloth. If Clean & Clear is too strong, try Oxy 2.5% BP.

Mist your face with natural deoderant spray at least once daily after cleansing (this stops the infection and heals the blemishes faster than anything else!) It also shrinks pores without drying skin out. (you can find it in the deoderant isle of any whole/natural foods store.

Moisturize with a light cream like Clinique with sunscreen or Melaleuca products.

Drink two times as much water as you think you should.

So I use propolis as a night time topical, and I think that's been going pretty well. Trouble is, it's really greasy so it's not very ideal for daytime usage. I've tried moisturizers but they usually just make my skin more oily. I'm looking for either natural products or home made topicals that could dry my skin out or at least alleviate some of my oil problems. Thanks for your time

I use a sulfur creme called Pomada de Azufre. It drys out my oily skin so much I have to make sure to use moisturizer everyday. Also, I started out only using it every other day for my skin to be used to it.

Just a very late suggestion. :)

I don't use any natural ones but Seban pads soak up the oil better than milk of mag did for me.

You can order them online

Jojoba oil as a moisturiser is good, so if you're using something that dries your skin, use a bit of it afterwards and it will, hopefully, reduce sebum production.