Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thanh

Horrible Regimen Breakout

Hey guys.

I've been using Dan's regimen for about 8 weeks now.

I usually get pimples here and there, predominantly on my right side of the face.

Somehow this is the worst breakout i ever had. The last time i checked under my neck i had no clogged pores that were visible. Somehow i had at least 15 pimples that emerged out of nowhere this week. On my right side of the face at least 10 more. on my chin 4. Somehow my left cheek has no pimples along with my forehead along with the back of my ears.

I am very very confused. I look like a mess. I don't know what went wrong. It looks like someone threw some acid on the right side of my face and it dripped down to my neck then caused huge inflamed acne.

I currently use..

Morning :

DKR Cleanser(1-1.50 pumps), wait 10,DKR BP(2 pumps), wait 15, DKR Moisturizer + 5 drops Jojoba oil.(1pump)

Night:

DKR Cleanser(1-1.50 pumps), wait 10,DKR BP(2 pumps), wait 15, DKR AHA+ on face, DKR Moisturizer + 5 drops jojoba oil on neck and behind ears.

I don't use Olay SPF15 Complete because during the day im not out in the sun, mostly always in class. Except for lunch and P.E.

I started using AHA+ 1-2 weeks ago and had a mild breakout.

I have no clue what i should be doing now, i feel like giving up. I know people are going to say, blah blah, its the best thing ever just because its personal experience, but i mean really now. I have like 25 pimples. I had to pop most of them, i sterilized a needle and poped some. Somehow, it came back 2 hrs after its been poped. FFS. What the hell.

Note: The time i had this Insane Breakout, my chest and back started to break out too. This is crazy. I dont even use any products on my back and chest and it never breaks out this bad.

PLEASE HELP!! :cry:

Hey guys.

I've been using Dan's regimen for about 8 weeks now.

I usually get pimples here and there, predominantly on my right side of the face.

Somehow this is the worst breakout i ever had. The last time i checked under my neck i had no clogged pores that were visible. Somehow i had at least 15 pimples that emerged out of nowhere this week. On my right side of the face at least 10 more. on my chin 4. Somehow my left cheek has no pimples along with my forehead along with the back of my ears.

I am very very confused. I look like a mess. I don't know what went wrong. It looks like someone threw some acid on the right side of my face and it dripped down to my neck then caused huge inflamed acne.

I currently use..

Morning :

DKR Cleanser(1-1.50 pumps), wait 10,DKR BP(2 pumps), wait 15, DKR Moisturizer + 5 drops Jojoba oil.(1pump)

Night:

DKR Cleanser(1-1.50 pumps), wait 10,DKR BP(2 pumps), wait 15, DKR AHA+ on face, DKR Moisturizer + 5 drops jojoba oil on neck and behind ears.

I don't use Olay SPF15 Complete because during the day im not out in the sun, mostly always in class. Except for lunch and P.E.

I started using AHA+ 1-2 weeks ago and had a mild breakout.

I have no clue what i should be doing now, i feel like giving up. I know people are going to say, blah blah, its the best thing ever just because its personal experience, but i mean really now. I have like 25 pimples. I had to pop most of them, i sterilized a needle and poped some. Somehow, it came back 2 hrs after its been poped. FFS. What the hell.

Note: The time i had this Insane Breakout, my chest and back started to break out too. This is crazy. I dont even use any products on my back and chest and it never breaks out this bad.

PLEASE HELP!! :cry:

Is it possible that you ate something that you were allergic to and it caused this breakout?

Well..your not alone...it happened to me too. I used to have almost clear skin and then I did this and it was horrribbble for a few months at least. I'm finally getting back to normal now with lots of scars. I can't explain why, but I can say that I'm sorry.

Wow, I really have no idea what's going on if it's not a food allergy thing. I've never experienced that. To breakout out on your back when you don't you the regimen on your back is extremely strange to me? :shock:

:[

But i did heard from a bunch of people saying that after the 2nd month, breakouts will be greatly minimized and that's when the real visual clearing begins.

I'll give it 1 more month, if it doesn't work i'll go see a dermatologist.

I've used like $150 on these products so far...

Yeah, its very strange indeed. How can i breakout 3 places at the same time? Wierd.

Everytime i pop a whitehead and dab some neosporin, it tends to go away in a matter of ours. Now its been 1-2 days and everytime its poped, it comes back into a whitehead. Im not doing anything wrong, sterilize the needle, poke a small opening, squeeze it out, stop if you see clear fluids/blood.

Im really mad, but a few of them started clearing up, but they're probably ganna be scars everywhere.

It doesn't seem logical to me that your chest and back would break out when you haven't even applied anything to it. Are you sure you didn't eat something you're allergic to? You may think you have no allergies, but one time my Fiance' ate scallops at red lobster..he thought he wasn't allergic to anything, and he broke out in a rash all over his body.

It doesn't seem logical to me that your chest and back would break out when you haven't even applied anything to it. Are you sure you didn't eat something you're allergic to? You may think you have no allergies, but one time my Fiance' ate scallops at red lobster..he thought he wasn't allergic to anything, and he broke out in a rash all over his body.

oh my god, that happened to me on my 1st month. I think i ate something or am allergic to something. I started having a rash all over my body. I mean it was so intense that i couldn't sleep at night because of it. It made me so itchy i had to scratch it, then later on noticing that my skin is ripping apart.

Showering 2 times a day + itch cream didn't work..

oh my god, that happened to me on my 1st month. I think i ate something or am allergic to something. I started having a rash all over my body. I mean it was so intense that i couldn't sleep at night because of it. It made me so itchy i had to scratch it, then later on noticing that my skin is ripping apart.

Showering 2 times a day + itch cream didn't work..

Awww man that sucks. Benadryl helped my Fiance' out A LOT when it came to his rash. He also had bad diarrhea but you probably don't want to know about that, LOL.

Try to hang in there. If these breakouts came after changing/adding products, go back to the basics and see if that helps.

And please read here: http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html

and here: http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

When did you add the jojoba oil, and when did you add the AHA?

I started adding Jojoba oil on my first month. I didn't see any breakouts from using jojoba oil. During my Month and a half i started using Aha. I had a tiny breakout of maybe 3 pimples. Then it started clearing up. My old scars and dark spots were fading away when i started using AHA. Then somehow i started seeing clogged pores under my neck and a few on my right cheek. I didn't touch them. I thought i shouldn't use AHA+ on my neck anymore since i might be clogging my pores or something. So i stoped using it on my neck.

Then out of nowhere like 25 pimples came out. 15 under my neck, 10 on my right side of the face.

This is strange because 1 week ago i looked in the mirror and didn't see any visible clogged pores. They kind of appeared out of nowhere. Could AHA+ or Jojoba oil be doing this? Even if it did, why is my forehead and left cheek near 100% clear?

if i were you i would start cutting out the extra products, i think if you're still getting this many spots at 2 months there may be something irritating your skin. its always best to cut back to the complete basics and get clear then see what you can safely add in. if i were you I'd eliminate your use of jojoba, while its brilliant for some, it can also cause huge breakouts for others and if your skin is becoming this bad a month after you started using it, i could imagine that being the culprit. give it a try anyway and let us know

I started to break out on the left and right sides of my face last month and couldn't figure it out. But then I realized that I usually zip up my winter jacket all the way up to my mouth (its cold here), so the sides of my face were always in contact. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't zipped up my jacket, and haven't had any new pimples since.

The main tip off is that it's localized. That typically occurs when you are touching your face with your hands or anything else. (sounds like resting your head in your hand to me).

This is priority #1 to stop breakouts. Do not touch your face! I touch my face twice a day - Morning shower/shave/application and evening application. And that's with clean hands.

Unfortunately for us with finicky skin, constant diet and exercise are also needed, i found.

Also, try to pin down anything out of the ordinary you did the day or two before the breakout.

So yeah, i stopped using AHA+.

After a few days of the weekend my face was getting clearer.

I started getting a breakout under my neck thereafter. I started noticing me have a bunch of breaouts after the 2 week break from school.

My mom says its because i get good sleep thats why i didn't get any pimples during my 2 weeks.

When it started to get cold and rain i started to wear a lot of jackets/sweaters which i do zip all the way up to my chin.

Like macuis says, i think im getting breakouts because of this.

i stoped wearing a jackets and sweaters for 1 week then i noticed i don't get breakouts when i dont wear it.

Its so odd.

Try lining your jacket or sweater with an easy to wash scarf. If you're a dude, I'm sure there are nice masculine versions of this. AHA broke me out, too, but this was the Walgreens version, not Dan's. I suspect Dan's is a lot more gentle.