Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmk621

dumb/weird question but please respond

Hey guys,

I just started Accutane three days ago. I am taking three 20mg pills per day for a total of 60mg per day.

I don't remember what my doctor said . . . and I'm not sure it make a difference anyway, but thought I'd ask...

Should I take 2 pills with breakfast and one with dinner? Or one with breakfast and two with dinner? Does this matter?

Are you sure you're supposed to take 2 together, then 1 at a different time?

According to a printout I always get with my prescriptions: Most of the time when the instructions say take 3x a day, it means you take it at 3 roughly equal intervals (breakfast, dinner, and bedtime, for example).

If you're sure, then I don't think it really matters. If you're more likely to eat a big, fatty, meal at dinner, then personally I would chose to take the two pills then because Accutane absorbs better with a fatty meal.

It wouldn't hurt to call your pharmacist just to be sure, they'll know what to do.

Hey guys,

I just started Accutane three days ago. I am taking three 20mg pills per day for a total of 60mg per day.

I don't remember what my doctor said . . . and I'm not sure it make a difference anyway, but thought I'd ask...

Should I take 2 pills with breakfast and one with dinner? Or one with breakfast and two with dinner? Does this matter?

I started 60mg on Sunday myself, taking 1 after breakfast and 2 after dinner.

Best of luck!

I took 60mgs a day for my course too and I took 2 pills with my breakfast and 1 with my lunch. I am about 2 months post tane and its nothing but clear skies!

that's weird that you take three a day instead of two 30 mg pills that what i had my derm allways told me it did nt matter and that you could take all three in the morning if you wanted i would take ether two in the morning or just one when i wake up and one when i go to bed i think one day i took 4 in one day

Thanks for the replies everyone! I called the doctor and they told me it didn't matter how I split them up, so I guess I will take one with each meal.

I don't know why I have only the 20mg pills... I thought they just came in 10, 20 and 40mg packs?

I am on Day 5 and haven't noticed any changes yet but hope I will soon (but I could definitely do without the IB).

I'm on 60MG and i have to take one in the morning, one at tea time and one at night time, specifically in that order as told by my derm :eh:

maybes it doesn't really matter too much then. But i say follow the instructions of the professionals so good your sorted now :)

you really dont have 30mgs packs lol thats all i had what brand do you have i went back and forth with sortet and claveris idk how to spell them lol

haha tea time :P england ppl do funny things i have english blood :]

I have Claravis, or however its spelled. I'm not sure if they don't have 30mg packs, I just thought I heard it somewhere...

you really dont have 30mgs packs lol thats all i had what brand do you have i went back and forth with sortet and claveris idk how to spell them lol

haha tea time :P england ppl do funny things i have english blood :]