Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all you workout buffs. I have aseen a couple of informercials about a workout program called P90X. Looks pretty intense and if true, the results are pretty amazing.

I have been thinking about getting it for a while now, just haven't taken the $120 dollar plunge. Was curious if anyone here had tried it?

Thanks...

Sorry for my main typo...I meant P90X

It really depends on you to be honest. I know some people like video programs and are more motivated to work hard watching them as opposed to just training on their own. My brother's gf actually has the P90x videos and the workouts actually seem decent from what I've seen. I don't doubt you could get great results, particularly with losing weight. The workouts are LOOONG(compared to mine at least) about an hour each 6-7 days/week I believe. You are bound to see weight-loss results with such high volume workouts. Thing is you could probably do some reading online and design a workout that is just as effective, without spending $120. A decent full-body weight program combined with some HIIT may even be more effective, depending on you goal. If you like to have someone show you you how to do the exercises each time and feel more motivated watching a video, Id say go for it. I know I probably didnt provide much help, but you know what you what better than anyone else, and also what motivates you. Good luck!

You did help, thanks. Right now I work out at a gym before work...I run 5 days a week and do weights. My husband is deploying overseas next month and we have 2 kids so I have to start working out at home and I don't have a treadmill so I need some sort of program to follow.. And yes, I do prefer someone telling me because I don't know all I need to, to create a good and effective workout plan. This seems like a no brainer since there is so much info and would hopefully help keep me focused...but hard work, yes.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Still deciding but wll probably take the plunge.

I have tried it and it is definitely a good work out. Like the user above said the workouts are long and some are very difficult at first. There are three different variations of the workout that you can follow. What they do not tell you is that you will need a good amount of equipment unless you use the bands.

Yeah, it says you only need dumbbells or bands and a pull up bar. But from the looks of it, seems like you would need more. We have some stuff at home already so I may be okay, can you tell me what all you needed to do it effectively?

Thanks!

That's pretty much it. For the dumbbells you are going to need probably about four different weights for the different exercises. You will also need a yoga mat and they suggest push up bars and a heart rate monitor. I never used the heart rate monitor but I definitely would recommend the push up bars. If you need a pull up bar, the iron gym that they always advertise on television works well. You should be able to get it at any sporting goods store for 30 dollars. I hope this helped.

Don't know if anyone is still following the post, but I started P90x about a month ago. It is intense and I loved doing it, and although I started seeing results on my body, I also saw them on my face! It could just be me, but I started breaking out really bad around my chin and cheek. I realized that it was due to the extra stress on my body and the surge in testosterone from all the muscle building. Had to quit after Phase 1.

I loved what it did to my body and maybe in time, I can go back to it. Maybe if I took saw palmetto and zinc to balance out the testosterone, maybe wash with Nizoral. I don't know. I use to exercise every other day, but the workouts were't as intense, pushing my body to fatigue.

I don't think this would happen to everyone. maybe just people who's acne is hormonal.

Incidentally, I'm a 40 yr old guy.

I have a friend doing P90X, and it's innnnnnnnnnntense. What are your fitness goals if you don't mind me asking (as in, what are you working towards, and what is your current physique?)