Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tai

Am on a rejection roller coaster.

What a month it has been since i left college, i think i have been rejected about 5 times with diffrent girls; some at club and some at the pub and i mean the girl rejected me cold like givin me that discuss face and the "tsk" to the ignored. It is to be expected tho when you approuch girls in these kind of place but i would never realize the kind of treatment i get lately.

On top of all that i know about 2 girls that i like and thought had intrest in me flake out on the dates without so much as a call to let me know, if i dint call before the date, i would have been stood up! when i call they dont pick up, say "hi" on msn they sign off am guessing am being blocked now. I seriously dont know whats going on, but i cant help but blaming my skin problems. Am 23 years old and not getting any younger... at this rate i will never get a GF #-o i dont know why i post this, not like anyone cared :-({|=

People definetly do care here. We understand the problems your going through. But I dont think its yo skin thats the problem. I know guys (and girls) who do have girlfriends (or boyfriends) and those people have acne. One girl had acne and now has acne scarring. She is still enjoying live to the fullest.

So basicly you have had a bad deal with women. Dont worry to much.. I mean F**k them. I have a girlfriend now but that doesnt mean I wasnt ever rejected.

Keep your selfesteem, dont worry about it too much.

Goodluck,

Ian

PS: sorry for the tag dont mean to show off or anything, its just they only picture I had with my face on it: trying to let people see that I am clear due to Dan's regimen

What a month it has been since i left college, i think i have been rejected about 5 times with diffrent girls; some at club and some at the pub and i mean the girl rejected me cold like givin me that discuss face and the \"tsk\" to the ignored.  It is to be expected tho when you approuch girls in these kind of place but i would never realize the kind of treatment i get lately.

On top of all that i know about 2 girls that i like and thought had intrest in me flake out on the dates without so much as a call to let me know, if i dint call before the date, i would have been stood up! when i call they dont pick up, say \"hi\" on msn they sign off am guessing am being blocked now.  I seriously dont know whats going on, but i cant help but blaming my skin problems.  Am 23 years old and not getting any younger... at this rate i will never get a GF  #-o i dont know why i post this, not like anyone cared  :-({|=

What a month it has been since i left college, i think i have been rejected about 5 times with diffrent girls; some at club and some at the pub and i mean the girl rejected me cold like givin me that discuss face and the \"tsk\" to the ignored.  It is to be expected tho when you approuch girls in these kind of place but i would never realize the kind of treatment i get lately.

On top of all that i know about 2 girls that i like and thought had intrest in me flake out on the dates without so much as a call to let me know, if i dint call before the date, i would have been stood up! when i call they dont pick up, say \"hi\" on msn they sign off am guessing am being blocked now.  I seriously dont know whats going on, but i cant help but blaming my skin problems.  Am 23 years old and not getting any younger... at this rate i will never get a GF  #-o i dont know why i post this, not like anyone cared :-({|=

23 is old? It's such a weird feeling when people younger than me feel old. You have a lot of time left to live each moment to the fullest.

I know you guys trying to make me feel better by saying 23 is not old but the truth is YES 23 is not that old but for my age at 23 and what i acomplish in life so far is minimal. I have never been outside the city, never had a serious GF and never really had a fun youth... stuff like that.

People get experience with relationship usually at a young age and know how to handle woman etc... am just saying at my age and starting the dating game, going out partying is kinda "old"

I just took some pictures of my scars and i never realize it was so bad to top it off, i dont think my whole face looks too good either ](*,) am really sorry to be such a downer. Ever since i came to this board i did nothing but complain and not giving much back, by my writing you can tell that am not good with words or even good english.

Its hard to encourage other people when you're self arnt much better off but i have to try to get over this because there are MANY other people are having it worse accross the world.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

23 is old? Man.........

[-(

I recognize the feeling altough I'm only 17 8-[ . I know I am absolutely not old. It is just because of the feeling I missed something in my live, you know...first dates, new feeling of going out, being coolest guy of the class etc.

You are probably afraid that you don't find the live you are looking for in your coming years and then after all look back and say damn these years where worthless. I just try to live my live from day to day and if I get rejected I think ah well I got nothing to loose, better next time.

People get experience with relationship usually at a young age and know how to handle woman etc... am just saying at my age and starting the dating game, going out partying is kinda \"old\"

I read somewhere that if a man hasn't been in a serious relationship by the time he's 28, it's very likely that he never will. So I've missed my chance here, but you have 5 more years, don't waste them.  biggrin.gif 

Youre doing something which a lot of boys cant even do and that is approaching them so just keep on approaching them and you'll eventually get em giiiirls

Ok enough already, back to the topic, which is: he is feeling like shit. Basicly I dont think anyone here can say something that is gonna make you feel better. In the end your the one who can change your lifestyle. Remember you are your own bose. In other words; do something about the problem. Mix that with a little self-acceptance and you will get a long way.

I'm such loser though

I've never been rejected but that is because I've never pursued a girl my whole entire life!!

no wonder i'm girlfriendless and not many friends.

I can't pursue a girl.. im 19, everyone around me seems to be getting girlfriends while I'm becoming more and more socially inept.

I'm such loser though

I've never been rejected but that is because I've never pursued a girl my whole entire life!!

no wonder i'm girlfriendless and not many friends.

I can't pursue a girl.. im 19, everyone around me seems to be getting girlfriends while I'm becoming more and more socially inept.

I agree. Its like you said, people get obessed with their face (like me) while there so many other things about you that can or are very nice/good.

unless your name is brad pitt or johnny depp you are going to get rejected every once in a while.

personally i keep a 1/5 ratio with me, if i ask 5 girls out, at least 1 should reply with a yes. meaning im prepared for 4 rejections, its just part of the game, the hardest thing about talking to women is accepting rejection.......

honestly man i believe it has nothing to do with your face, yes women like good looks but what drives women crazy and keeps them around is the ability to make them laugh, smile, or feel comfortable around you, if you can carry that persona you got it, clothes don't matter, look decent, dress decent, its all in charm........trust me.....im not trying to brag but in my highschool days (im a freshman in college now) i was clear and had a lot of wild nights and fun stuff, and what attracts girls in the end is charm.

i disagree with you......

cool clothes don't make you anything.....

a guy with acne, no personality and $80 jeans is not attractive......

girls don't find it attractive if your not physically attractive but you have the $$$ to spend on clothes.....

if girls like you for your clothes, or materialistic things like your car, etc., they are the wrong girls for you.....

a big problem with ASIAN kids these days is they spend so much time on fashion and hair, but they still look rather ugly......

on the topic of clothes, get a decent shirt, a nice one, doesnt have to be $50, a decent pair of jeans, look decent, and have a good personality.

materialistic things will get you nowhere, it will only make you look more stupid.....anybody with money can get fashion, but only a few geniune people can make a girl laugh and smile.