Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This website made me care less about my acne. I don't know why. Reading all you guys complain and whine and think your lives are terrible and suck just because of little red dots on your face....yeah, it seems a bit silly to me now. Some of you are letting acne hold you back from doing things and achieving your goals, how silly does that sound? You can't leave the house because of your face? Wow.

Today my Fiance' pointed out a zit on my cheek and asked if it was posion ivy (Cause we currently both have it, boooo), and I said "NOPE, IT'S A ZIT! KISS IT!" and he did, LMAO, then I'm like "LICK IT, TOO", and he did, hahahaha I'm a dork.

Yeah, things would be better and easier without acne, I can't deny. But come on, DO NOT let acne ruin your life.

I think the key thing here is that you have someone who cares about you and love you for the way you are. I never care about how I looked or anything when I was in a relationship. While everyone made fun of me for having a red nose or a bad haircut, it didn't matter as long as the person I cared about didn't care. As long as I was told everything would be alright.

I think the majority of people who do care about how they look like aren't in a relationship or they are still trying to find their significant other. After all, the first thing we see in another person is their appearance before we get to know them for who they are.

I think the key thing here is that you have someone who cares about you and love you for the way you are. I never care about how I looked or anything when I was in a relationship. While everyone made fun of me for having a red nose or a bad haircut, it didn't matter as long as the person I cared about didn't care. As long as I was told everything would be alright.

I think the majority of people who do care about how they look like aren't in a relationship or they are still trying to find their significant other. After all, the first thing we see in another person is their appearance before we get to know them for who they are.

True.

But I hated HATED my face and acne, and I've been with this dude for years. This site is whats helped me. No matter how many times my Fiance' tells me I'm pretty, it doesn't matter cause I don't believe it. Just reading all the "I hate my life!" "I HATE MYSELF" posts made me rethink whats important.

What gets me through is reminding myself that there are some people out there who aren't as fortunate as us. I mean we have a roof over our heads, we have food on our tables, we have friends and family, we have two arms and two legs, the list goes on.

Yeah, even if your with someone you might feel self conscious. My ex was like that, no matter what I told her she never believed me. It's cause you expect them to compliment you even if the dress your wearing is really ugly or those pants make you look fat.

Regardless, its nice that you've found someone who accepts you for who you are :)

I agree with the fact that all of us have a lot to be grateful for. I don't agree with the fact that we all are recluse because we don't have anyone who cares. I won't lie I used to be a prisoner of my face and skin, but eventually decided it wasn't worth it. I am single (assuming you mean a realtionship by someone who cares) and I am still happy and have learned that you just cannot care what other people think, if they have a problem with you tough shit for them. I go and do what I want. You are who you are, some scars and dots don't mean a damn thing.

You are right, I was talking about relationships, but that isn't the case. If I were to choose the one happiest moment of my life, it would be the time spent with my best friends. I guess being away from them for the last month and hibernating a lot has made me forgotten what's really important.

I know the hibernating feeling. I don't have many friends from high school so coming back for the spring semester was nice because I am able to be social again with all my friends at school. (before anyone says you can still be social at home....I live in the middle of nowhere and if you don't have friends there you won't have much to do, although I did get a lot of reading done!)

glad to hear your getting over this on a whim..

but for some people. its a much longer journey than that.

if you truly are over it.. the next step is to stay modest, and assist other down the same path.

you are right to brush is off as so many others wish they could. show people the way and stay positive

Good luck to you