Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boffin

Does your skin need to dry in order for BP to work ??

Hi There

I only just found this website, and i can see there is alot of handy infomation. But after using the search function i could not find an answer to my question.

At night time after washing my face with cetaphil face wash, i apply on 5% BP.

Anyways i read, that you are required to use a moisturiser to stop your skin from drying.

I though that BP was used to dry the your skin and dry out any pimples that you have, and thats it ?? and if your skin was not dry it won't do anything ??

After readin some info here, i assume this is wrong.

Would you guys be able to clear this up for me, and also advise me how BP works.

Cheers

John

Sure no problem;

BP provides an oxygen rich environment in which acne bacteria can’t survive. By applying the BP your skin will get dry. Washing your face is only to get rid of the moisturizer and P you applied that morning or evening. So basically: Yes keep on using moisturizer its essential.

Good luck

Unreal.

Thanks for letting us know.

So your saying the BP does not have to dry your skin out in order for it to work.

It works by getting into the pores and killing off acne ?

It works by pushing oxygen that the acne can not survive in, into your skin, dry skin is just a side effect (that doesn't always happen) of this, and moisturiser counters that side effect.

... I think.

Well basicly it does dry your skin out. That has been and still is my problem. I only use like a fingertip of BP and when I rubb my finger (later that day) on that area i c flakes on my fingertop. Thats way moisturizer is important but i havent found the right one biggrin.gif