Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awalbridge

Red, very dry patches on my arms. What is it??

I am starting my fifth and final month on Accutane!!! I am so excited to be done with my course of treatment. I have had very minor side effects since starting my treatment. Aside from dry lips, these new red and very dry patches are the only sypmptoms I have had.

However, I have tried various lotions and creams to help these dry patches on my arm and by the end of the day it seems as if I have not even put anything on them. Is this a symptom that anyone else has had trouble with and if so, what did you use to treat them. Also, once I am done with Accutane in a few week, do you think these will go away?

Thanks,

Amanda :)

i had similar patches on my arms. it is probably eczema. ive been using this cream called Vanicream on my dry patches and on my face (it is for eczema) and it heals the dry/red spots sooo fast! but they say your side effects should go away after you stop accutane

i had similar patches on my arms. it is probably eczema. ive been using this cream called Vanicream on my dry patches and on my face (it is for eczema) and it heals the dry/red spots sooo fast! but they say your side effects should go away after you stop accutane

Where do I get that cream you are using? Is it over-the-counter or prescription only?

Thanks!

It's eczema. I have it on the tops of my hands and up my arms and it stops at my elbows. It really only flares up when its really cold. I can not use the soap at work -- I have to bring my own soap to the bathroom. The best thing that I found that takes care of it quick is Coritisone 10 Intensive Healing Formula. You can get it at Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, Target, etc. My aunt actually recommended it to me because her grand-daughter's doctor told her to use it on the little one.

Where do I get that cream you are using? Is it over-the-counter or prescription only?

Thanks!

you can get Vanicream at most pharmacies (its over the counter)... just ask someone where it is. it has done wonders for my face too!! coritisone cream might work, but i had better luck with Vanicream.