Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have read through the reviews, but has anyone used Clinique's 3 step program? success? complete failure? I'm starting to get really deseparate. I just keep breaking out....and my forehead is BRIGHT red right now...the whole thing even though I only have 1 small small pimple on it. So anyone suggest Clinique? or anything else? I used to use Proactiv but I think my face grew out of that...my pimples are stronger now :)

I have read through the reviews, but has anyone used Clinique's 3 step program? success? complete failure? I'm starting to get really deseparate. I just keep breaking out....and my forehead is BRIGHT red right now...the whole thing even though I only have 1 small small pimple on it. So anyone suggest Clinique? or anything else? I used to use Proactiv but I think my face grew out of that...my pimples are stronger now :)

I used the Clinique 3-Step program, and I didn't actually see any results at all... The cleanser is alright, but I wouldn't say its any better than anything you could buy at the drug store. The toner smells nice, but they call it "the difference maker", and I would say that's a bit of a stretch. I used the hydrating gel, as opposed to the dramatically different moisturizer, because it's oil free. Again, it didn't really impress me as much as I had expected it to for the money.

You should check around for reviews of the Vichy Norma Derm 3-step system, I really liked their products... the night face cream is the best! From them you need Wash, Toner, Day moisture, Night moisture, and spot cream. Don't buy the foundation, it's super streaky. I was just starting to use that system when I got prescription acne gel from my doctor, but I was definately seeing fast results with it. Also, it's about the same money as the Clinique system.

I used the Clinique 3 step a long time ago and didn't like it. It was a bad investment. I also did Proactiv for a year and then it stopped working. I used St.Ives Apricot Scrub with Salicylic Acid and really liked it eventually got too harsh for my skin. I now use cetaphil and oxy daily moisturizer with spf 15... I'm trying to limit on all the chemicals and see how my skin reacts to that.

:)

I've been using clinique it was good in the beginning stages of my retin a products and benzaclin the doctor put me on. It was alot more gentle. Now i'm switching to Jan Marini. It uses glycolic acid. I hear great things about so we'll see.

I also used the 3 step system and it did absolutley nothing and was very expensive. The astringent you use with it burns the hell out of you're skin as well. It worked great for my skin befor I had acne but when I had my first break out at 25 it did nothing for me :naughty:

I guess im different. I went to the clinique counter and they put me on the anti-blemish four point plan and it worked really well.. i havent had any more spots and the spots i do have are drying out nicely and when i put on makeup it doesnt crack or go all dry and gross.

it is expensive though

I used Clinique for years and loved it; HOWEVER, I found the sales women to be completely off the mark with what they thought I needed. They just weren't very educated about skin care, to be compeltely honest.

If I'd have listened to them, I would never have bought the stuff more than once. They are pretty inept.

Clinique was good for me too. I went back to the 3 Step System several times after my lastest miracle product failed.

Ask for some samples or see if you can get some on ebay

I've been using Clinique on and off for about five years now. After so many rounds of mix and match trial and error with other products, I think it is the clarifying lotion (i.e. the toner) that really does the job for me. I suspect it's the alcohol and witch hazel content that helps control my blemishes, in which case, I might try some straight witch hazel in alcohol.

I like the Clinique cleanser, but it doesn't do anything that other cleansers can't. As for the moisturiser, it's nothing special either.

I'm currently using from the Clinique line:

1. Liquid soap for oily skin

2. No. 2 clarifying lotion (the purple one)

3. Dramatically different moisturising gel

4. Blemish treatment gel

5. Blemish mask

Clinique has done wonders for me. It seems to be the only stuff that works on my acne. It just depends on your skin type. Clinique is not as harsh on my skin as any other product. It works so well for me, I now consider myself a Clinique lifer.