Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i have these 2 friends that are pretty and ALWAYS have a ton of guys chasing after them. I'm equally as pretty and outgoing as my 2 friends but no guys EVER talked to me or seemed interested and I could never figure out why! last month i switched my birth control pill back to Ortho-Tri-Cyclen and all of a sudden im getting more attention from guys then they are! the connection is... both of them are on Ortho Tri Cycle also! I took OTC several years ago and i had a lot of guys who were interested in me... then when i switched to another pill, i stopped getting any male attention what so ever. I dont know if there is a real connection between the type of birth control pill you are on and how attractive guys find you... but it makes sense since BC pills change your hormones and guys can pick up on that stuff subconsciously. either way my friends and I thought it was funny! now we have a joke everytime a guy tries to buy me a drink we all yell "OTC! haha its gotta be the OTC!"

:lol: that is funny, also it makes perfect sense to me. Funny how socializing etc seems to be so affected by things like hormones and stuff...I mean you can't really control those lol and it's weird how guys can pick that kind of stuff up subconsciously...it's creepy lol

i wonder if there are any studies out there about how birth conrol pills alter your pharamones and affect your "attractivness" to men. it would be a good experiment! so far OTC is the winner in my book! HAHA

When I'm on birth control, I don't regard men with that same type of caution that I do when I don't plan on having sex. I find I'm more open-minded to the fact that we might be (and probably are seen) as sexual or objects of desire. I think guys are attracted to that cool feeling of ease. Guys who see the deer-in-the-headlights look of a gal without protection can probably tell lol

ive been on at least 6 different types on birth control pills (including Ortho-Tri-Cycle... this is my 3rd time on it).

meat_pirate86... being on the pill has not affected my desire to hook up with guys without consequences... but i know what you mean. ive been on some sort of BC pill since i was like 13 (to help my acne) so ive never been sexually active without the pill. i actually have been single for over a year (no sexual activity AT ALLLLLL.... IM DYING! HAHA)

candystriper... my acne got REALLY sever when i was about 12-13 so i decided to start taking OTC and my skin cleared really well (not 100%) since then ive switced to a number of other pills because of side effects... but i always come back to OTC because it seems to help my skin the most.

since ive been on OTC 3 separate times.... im now putting together the "pharamone/attractivness" theory. i was on a different pill 2 months ago and as soon as i switced back to OTC it was like flies and honey all over again!

I am a male, and all i am thinking is WTF?...

You girls crack me up, no offense. ;)

haha isnt it funny how girls analyse everything? but we arent always wrong either ;)

yea! i was watching some documentary and it was talking about how when you're ovulating your estrogen levels go up and your voice gets slightly higher pitched and more feminine. guys also have testoserone in their saliva which is why making out turns you on :lol: