Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tai

Why dont people watch what they say???

Am getting really anoyed with my family lately as they have no aware of the feeling of others (me) 2 days ago my brother was talking about burito and he said "tai" face is a burito and he has bite marks. Yea that was pretty funny now that i think about it but at the time when he said it, i was furious.

For some reason my mom is ALWAYS jugding people on the way they looked especially acne scars. Today we were watching this show called "swan" where they have people on the show for extreme make overs and she said this girl so ugly because she has acne in the past and now have alot of scars. She told that to my face, this really confuse me... dont she see the scars and marks on my face??? or maybe i dont have it as bad as i thought? i know for sure what i have is not minor because am not blind.

On the same day my friend told how some girl at the club are really ugly in real life because some of them have pimples. I dont really know whether to feel good that maybe my scars arnt that bad for people to mention this stuff to me and not think its gonna hurt my feeling or to feel bad because how people view pimples and scars as ugly and that its noticeable to mention when it comes to uglyness.

That sucks Tai. I think you can attribute your feelings to two major things - a) your sensitivity and b) their insensitivity.

Acne sufferers are there own harshest critics and mostly I think we regard our skin far more judgementally than anyone else does.

As for everyone else...are they saying it cos they think it oddly makes you feel better (like your skin problem is above notice), cos they know they shouldn't say anything but get nervous and blurt out inappropriate things, perhaps they want to talk about it with you and show some support....who knows?

But you can let them know how their comments make you feel. Set them straight - it'll remove one worry from your life that you don't need. biggrin.gif

Hah good point, i actually did smack my lil bro and shake him up a lil bit and tell him if he ever says stuff like that again am gonna hurt him for real because he has been doing this many times before and i let it go, but this time i couldn take it.

Just my luck, i was trying to get the picture from my camera to my HD so i can post my pic but my damn computer screwing up!

I try to ignore what people say Tai because if you let it get to you everything is only going to get worse. Personally when someone makes a comment about my acne I wanna deck em and respond but I don't because I am the better man for it. On the positive side when they make a comment about my acne I also know that it may be changing for good or bad, but all in the end I will be the better man when my acne is gone. I mad fun of someone for acne a long time ago and now I realized the hell they were in a I would take it back if I could. Acne has truely made me a more humble person. Tai don't get down on yourself about what people say to you because they don't know how fuckign hard it is to have acne, so they can suck my dick and try to be more sensitive next time.

She told that to my face, this really confuse me... dont she see the scars and marks on my face??? or maybe i dont have it as bad as i thought? i know for sure what i have is not minor because am not blind.

Heh. My mom talks about my face and looks at it closely like everday. I guess she's trying to be supportive cause she knows I'm trying out ideas to help improve it, but it just drives me nuts. What makes me pissed however is when she talks about it casually to her friends! She's probably trying to find advice but geez its like she doesn't empathize. Hey I'm right here. I can hear you. I don't like talking about this. And my little brother says stuff about it but I don't really care cause he just likes being an ass.

god damn leonidas, my mom is exactly like your mom, she looks at my face closely all the time, and when i had bad acne she would talk to her friends about it, it pissed me off. now my pimples are all gone, but still she looks at me to see if i broke out or something, and even though my acne is gone, i still get pissed off when people stare at me, i dont know i just dont like it, especially when its a chick.

theres this one girl in my science class and she stares at me all the time, and im thinking to my self, what you looking at bitch? i dont know if she likes me or anything but like i said, even though my acne is gone, i still dont like people starring at my face, i guess that stuck with me.

anyway tai, dont let it bother you, like frances said, acne sufferers are their own toughest critics, i know this because sometimes when i brake out, i see it like a really obvious mark on my face, but people always say that they cant see anything until i point it out and they say, oh that? thats like a baby zit. so yeah, tell your mom and friends to be more sensitive about what they say, but remember, your acne is probably not that bad if they say that around you.