Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rhianna

Face Reality Skincare - Long distance.

After trying and failing for 6 months on DKR, I've decided to give long distance treatment at Face Reality Skincare a try, so here we are - a new year, a new log!

I've completed the online questionnaire, sent pics, and received my serum testing kit. I reported back my findings. I have been told I have mainly non-inflamed acne, and am waiting for the following products to arrive:

Acne Scrub

Salicylic Toner

Mandelic 8%

SPF for acne prone skin

Acne Med 5%

Cranberry Cream

I'm going to spare you the details of how fed up / miserable / depressed I am with my skin at the moment. Let's just say I'm desperate and leave it there.

Any advice / tips / comments from other FRSCC (especially long distance) users would be very welcome and appreciated! Hopefully my products will arrive next week...

Here are a few things I've been doing so far (based on the clinic's handouts):

Taking 100mg zinc picolinate (as of Jan 10th)

Using fragrance-free washing liquid

Watching iodine intake

Trying to get enough sleep / destress (ha! kind of hard when ur miserable)

Switched from Clinique's superfit foundation to Lily Lolo minerals

Stop switching cleansers / moisturisers / make-up.

My aims for the next 3 months are:

Not to freak out when I break out.

Stick with the regimen.

Give it 3 months to work.

Good luck with the Face Reality treatment! I am not a long distance client, but I have been an in-office client of theirs for awhile now. I still use their products and get really great results. I use a lot of the products that are on your list and I love them all!

If you have mostly noninflamed acne, that may be why the DKR didn't work that well for you. Its really best for inflamed acne, but noninflamed acne tends to be much more stubborn and often doesn't respond well to a low strength BP product. You really need something to clear out the pores and exfoliate your skin - 2.5% BP just isn't that great at doing that.

Keep us posted on how things go!

Wise decision and good luck!

Same here DKR didn't work for me at all, it did in the beginning then it just lost its magic. I thought I had inflamed acne, but when I went into FRSCC for my first treatment and consultation with Laura, she informed me I had non-inflamed. *gasp* I was bummed, she said it would be harder to manage, but she said she can get my acne under control. But I am a long distance client due to that I live in Los Angeles, I was in the Bay Area at the time visiting relatives. I asked Laura why can't she have someone open another clinic in LA, she would get a lot of business. ;) Seriously if only they were in Los Angeles. It was a Christmas gift for myself to go to FRSCC. Best gift ever because I'm starting to see great results and I'm only in like 7 weeks into my FRSCC routine. The products are worth it, because I've spent loads of money on products that didn't do a damn thing to my acne. Also the products last a long time, so you get your money's worth.

Right now things are going great with FRSCC for me. I use the same products as you minus the Cranberry cream, and I use the Vivant Exfol A serum and now they just up me to Mandelic Acid 15%. Pretty much I'm satisfied with the results, and my face is doing a great job clearing up. I just have redmarks that need to fade, and they told me it would take time to fade, months maybe. :( So I just have to be patient with the redmarks. Also I have congested pores from time to time, but its so much better then getting 10 zits on my face like before I started FRSCC. I'm waiting to see how my face will look like in a month and a half from now because it will be 3 months that I will be on the FRSCC regimen.

Patience is key, don't be discouraged if you're not seeing immediate results, everyone's skin is different.

Oh yes one more thing ... Willow569/Kim your log and you talking about to others about FRSCC on Acne.org inspired me to "face reality" and take a chance with them, so I would like to thank you as well. I've always been a lurker on Acne.org, never posted.

Thanks Willow and masaya mahal for your comments, it's really nice to hear some encouraging things from people in a similar position.

I emailed the clinic yesterday as my products haven't arrived yet (the serum test arrived in a week, and it's been two since they posted the products) but they may be held up in customs or just taking their time... which is a bit of a downer, but I guess my quest for clear skin is going to be a long journey, so a week or two is not going to make that much difference in the long run!

I was also surprised that my acne is non-inflamed, but reading their definition it looks like you can still have acne that looks inflamed too, but because you also have the bumpy under the surface type and dullness etc, and the inflamed is less than what some other people get, it is still called 'non-inflamed' (not entirely sure that makes sense... anyway...)

Finger's crossed my stuff will arrive soon :)

Hope your products arrive soon! And I am glad that my log has been helpful to people. That's one reason I keep updating it, even though there isn't much for me to say anymore!

Yeah, I had mostly noninflamed acne too, with just a little bit of inflamed stuff on my chin. My skin must have been the exception to the rule though - the noninflamed acne on my forehead and around my nose cleared up much sooner than the inflamed acne on my chin - but all of it improved greatly in a really short period of time.

Yay! My products have arrived today :) (I'm not going to get depressed by the customs charge that also arrived :snooty: as I'm telling myself this will work this time and be worth it!)

Obviously I can't really comment on the products properly (if only they worked that quickly!) but I'm very pleased that the BP doesn't have that nasty peroxide smell that a lot do. Speaking of which, does anyone know what 'a thin layer' is? I put a pea sized amount for my face, but it feels like it's not enough after Dan's regimen. Might ask the clinic, but don't want to bug them with silly little questions so soon!

Yay! My products have arrived today :) (I'm not going to get depressed by the customs charge that also arrived :snooty: as I'm telling myself this will work this time and be worth it!)

Obviously I can't really comment on the products properly (if only they worked that quickly!) but I'm very pleased that the BP doesn't have that nasty peroxide smell that a lot do. Speaking of which, does anyone know what 'a thin layer' is? I put a pea sized amount for my face, but it feels like it's not enough after Dan's regimen. Might ask the clinic, but don't want to bug them with silly little questions so soon!

I used more than a pea sized amount of the BP. One good way to apply is to dot it around your face and then rub it in. I would say I used a dime sized amount for my face when I was using it on my whole face.

And no worries about asking them questions - they would prefer you to ask them questions that to try to figure it out on your own. They are good at responding quickly too.

Good luck!!

Thanks Willow :) Had a feeling it was not enough, but normally use too much of everything, so will apply more tonight...

Well it's been over 2.5 weeks... I haven't posted much because I don't want to be describing each and every spot in detail because it's too early to see results and so that would be a bit pointless. If anything, it has looked a bit worse recently. I'm trying to be patient as I know it takes longer, but there's no change at all! Bit frustrating, but predictable I guess... so I'm plodding on :)

Well it's been over 2.5 weeks... I haven't posted much because I don't want to be describing each and every spot in detail because it's too early to see results and so that would be a bit pointless. If anything, it has looked a bit worse recently. I'm trying to be patient as I know it takes longer, but there's no change at all! Bit frustrating, but predictable I guess... so I'm plodding on :)

Yeah, its still very early in the treatment process, so just hang it there!!

I've been using the products for 4 weeks now. I must admit I'm a bit disheartened because I was hoping to see some small change by now, but have not. I know it takes 3 months to clear, but as it can't just happen overnight I hoped gradually I would see some small improvements, just to let me know that I'm on the right track after a month. It's quite hard to believe it will work. I think I am putting a lot of pressure on it being a success because it is my last option - I've tried everything from my doctor over at least 10 years, and they will not let me take accutane because my acne is not severe.

I really hope that by the 2 month mark there will be some improvement - just to motivate me to keep going (not that I have any other options...) I'm so fed up of feeling ashamed of myself.

I know its hard when you aren't yet seeing the results you wanted. Keep in mind that noninflamed acne is tougher to treat, so it takes longer to start seeing improvements. If you are concerned with your lack of progress, just let Face Reality know - they can let you know if its a normal thing or if they think your regimen needs to be adjusted at all.

It's been just over 5 weeks now. There's nothing new to report - no improvement, dryness, irritation etc. I'm still doing the regimen precisely, but have made an appointment to see a dermatologist next week, as I want someone to actually look at my skin, and being in the UK I've only ever seen a doctor as you have to pay for anything else. I'm really frustrated at the moment with it, so I'm hoping they can help. I'm not ruling this regimen out, but at the moment I feel like I need something more.

Hi Rhianna, are you still around? Was wondering how you got on with the regime in the end. Reason being, I am trying to get similar ingredients here in the UK ( didn't know you could be THAT long-a distance client at Face Reality! ) and follow Laura's regime as best I can.

Yeah, I know what you mean in that it'd be great to just let someone, who's speciality is acne treatment, just look at and analyse your face. How did you get on with the derm?

Let us know a progress report, cos I for one, have the same problem......... :rolleyes:

Hi, I feel I owe it to acne.org to post, since I've been clear for about a year after nine years of non-stop non-inflammatory acne. I'm just following whatever Face Reality tells me to do. It's probably a bit different for each person. They are unspeakably marvelous (at least for me). Also got a photo facial to clear up old marks and brown spots and am thrilled with the results. So, they're not that expensive, give it a try! Only twist on their routine is that instead of plain ice, I make an herbal "tea" with a bit of ACV, freeze it into cubes, put the cubes on a microfiber cloth and ice my skin that way. My favorite is lady's mantle. For me, it's really important to stay away from iodine. I cook a lot at home but I can see if you ate out a lot it would tank the whole enterprise. In many respects its not that different from Dan's routine, but more detailed and much more effective for me. That's my 2 cents' worth...

Hi, I feel I owe it to acne.org to post, since I've been clear for about a year after nine years of non-stop non-inflammatory acne. I'm just following whatever Face Reality tells me to do. It's probably a bit different for each person. They are unspeakably marvelous (at least for me). Also got a photo facial to clear up old marks and brown spots and am thrilled with the results. So, they're not that expensive, give it a try! Only twist on their routine is that instead of plain ice, I make an herbal "tea" with a bit of ACV, freeze it into cubes, put the cubes on a microfiber cloth and ice my skin that way. My favorite is lady's mantle. For me, it's really important to stay away from iodine. I cook a lot at home but I can see if you ate out a lot it would tank the whole enterprise. In many respects its not that different from Dan's routine, but more detailed and much more effective for me. That's my 2 cents' worth...

Glad to hear that Face Reality is working for you! I am the same way with the iodine - its definitely one of the things that flares me. That and dairy. I love your spin on the ice!!