Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wapak

Using the All Natural Regimen

Yeah i've noticed that oil doesn't for me either, the first few days on the nothing regimen my face has been really oily but i haven't broken out. So do you find that exercising actually helps then?

Did you develop this red rash on the sides of your nose? I have that now they're small red pimples spread out by my nose and it almost looks like a rash did you get this and how long till it went away?

Yeah, I got those red rash-like things around my nose and my t-zone area. I think they flaked away for 5 days.

Well, that's a start. Though I don't know what will happen with your lessening approach. As you know, what I did is abruptly stopping. And yes, using natural things that doesn't irritate your skin is the way. Don't worry about any cleanser, water is enough to do that. But be warned that different places have different kind of water.

boonies? haha.. places like that is refreshing, free of smokes and such. though the feeling of being so far away from civilization is scary too. :lol:

what's her screen name? that's awesome!

U.S? Not yet, though I'm planning to someday. I wanna check out the American dream land. ;)

i finally stopped it. so far, no breakouts.

and no cleanser either. my face looks just as good as when i was using Proactiv.

i'm kind of used to whole no civilization thing now. haha.

it's awesome over there. because the water is so clear, and you can all the coral reefs.

everyone is so loose and down to earth there.

um, i know her first name is Melissa. but that's it. not sure if she's still in the acting buisness.

do you have family over in the U.S.?

Wapak I'm also wondering how long it was till you were able to start using just water in the shower again. I never plan to use soaps or topicals on my face again but I eventually want to use water in the shower eventually. I'm on Day 7 right now what day did you start just water?

@Lorenzy

Do you still have problem areas when you stopped or where you almost clear?

Ah, that's the general impression of our nation anyway so no surprises to it. :lol:

Oh, must be melissa ricks. She's still on top of her career. She's cute, I bet you are too. ;)

Is she your niece? btw, how old are you?

uhm, I don't know so probably none. But i do know a friend who went there years ago. He's in las vegas. Probably your close to him?

@DangDave

I accidentally let water onto my face on my day 14 so I stopped letting it onto my face again. Day 51 is the next time I have let water onto my face. After that, I wash my face one or twice a week. If you can do nothing for 28 days then on your 28th you can try experimenting with water.

ok, well my last day before i started the nothing regimen i washed my face one last time to get all the bp out and then used a spf moisturizer so that my skin wasn't dried out when i started this regimen. So i applied that moisturizer and for the past week it's theoretically been sitting on my face this whole time since i havne't touched it with water since. Should I give it one more quick wash to make sure that stuff is off my face or would it have absorbed by now anywyas?

I'm glad to hear your progress!

27 days is the normal skin renewal. So with damaged skin we assume that it is longer than 27 days but we don't have exact number of days. We are also inclined to think that the more damaged the longer it takes to heal.

so wapak it's day 8 for me and I still haven't experienced this dead skin mask? how long does it usually take to happen will it just not happen for me? And secondly I haven't broken out yet however I'm wondering is this good for red marks and scars. I guess i'm somehow worried that leaving all the oil and crap on our face constantly might somehow make marks worse or something but i'm just being paranoid.

No. The oil won't cause anything. About the crap, it depends on the crap. I've exposed my skin to smoke and dust of everyday life and nothing happened.

awesome, how long till this dead skin mask appears? it's been over a week now for me and should I try to go atleast 28 days without touching water to my face like you said?

On day 30 it is not all over the face anymore. Then it steadily decreases until today that I don't see any sign of dead skin mask anymore.

Yeah, try 28 days w/o water then start experimenting with water like once a week.

Wapak did you get some tiny tiny white pimples in your first couple weeks on this? I defintely wouldn't consider it a breakout since you can't see them unless you get an inch from the mirror and have really bright lighting but still i'm wondering if you experienced anything like this?

i have to note that dead skin does not disappear on its own if you wash with water everyday. so i would say go without water until it disappears then use water

I really don't understand why I haven't even gotten the dead skin mask yet. I've been leaving my face alone for a week now and i haven't started to get the dead skin why am I not getting it? I realize that dead skin doesn't look good however everyone else got it i'm wondering why i'm not.

@DangDave

Yeah, I also got those tiny tiny pimples but they go away within 24 hours so I don't bother about them much.

About the mask, it's probably there. You just can't see it. If you wet your face then that would be noticeable which is not good. =]

I really don't understand why I haven't even gotten the dead skin mask yet. I've been leaving my face alone for a week now and i haven't started to get the dead skin why am I not getting it? I realize that dead skin doesn't look good however everyone else got it i'm wondering why i'm not.

dangdave, maybe that's a sign that your skin will take a little longer to heal.

don't fret! just give it time. besides you're not doing anything so no stress.

and if you did do something you'd be stressed and making things worse.

so just chill!

Hey, I've decided to give this a go. I have damaged skin with lots of red marks and seem to get around 3 active pimples per day. wapak would you say this will work for me? Only thing I don't understand is, are you defying the natural hormonal process that causes acne in the first place?

I'm very excited about trying this! Thanks

No, the hormonal process doesn't necessarily cause acne. Every person goes under that process but many doesn't get acne. It is the trigger that causes acne and irritation is one of them from those chemicals found in most products out there.

With this regimen, what your doing is to recover healthy skin then avoid the triggers that cause you to have acne.

Oh I understand, so you feel that outbreaks are caused by diet and just over complicating the washing process?

I am breaking out a lot at the moment but have recently come off Lymecycline which could be why? I was only a bit better while I was on it though.

Are you saying if I follow this regimen, I should get less pimples? Which at the moment I am getting 3/4 per day.

Wapak so i've started to get the dead skin on the sides of my nose I'm currently on day 11. How many more days should I wait from now till I wash with cold water?

You need to endure that for 19 days then try washing with water and removing the dead skin mask at that time.