Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blaker

2 1/2 weeks post Accutane -- oil coming back

Accutane was the only thing that prevented any new acne while I was on it. I started it in October and just finished my 5 month treatment about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was taking 40mg pills once a day and my skin really cleared up, almost to perfect except for red spots. Now my oil is coming back and I am starting to break out again. When I saw my dermatolgist for my last appointment about 1 month ago he gave me prescriptions for antibiotics and topicals incase I needed them. However, my problem is that stuff never worked, my problem is my oil. How long do I have to wait before going back on Accutane? I'm not sure what to do now, I don't want to become dependant on Accutane, but it worked good for me.

BTW, I am 20 now.

Hi,

A friend of mine had very bad breakouts and oily skin, even after accutane. He took 40mg just like you and now, my derm prescribed him 40mg every 2 days, then slowly lowering down his dosage to 30mg per 2 days, then 20mg then 10mg

Even if you have to take 10mg during another 4-6 months every 2 days it's all worth it