Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mlle.nathalie

So who wants to throw their TV out the window when they see an Acne Commerical?

So I just saw the new Proactiv commercial today. WTF. The one with Julianne Hough from Dancing with the Stars???? "When I started the show, I got really stressed and I started getting pimples!" And then they show a shot of her chin that has literally two little white heads. :wall:

Or the Neutrogena ones with Vanessa Hudgens? Are you kidding??? You call that acne? I understand those who have very little self esteem, and really do have troubles with not so severe acne... I sympathize. But geez, if your going to have an acne product commerical, get someone who actually has acne! Some people really will never understand what it's like to have acne. Your probably looking at my picture and wondering what I'm complaining about and thinking I'm a hypocrite, but I had such severe acne, it was Cyst Central! I've cleared up recently, and whatever is left is hidden in photographs. I'm so grateful for even what I have now, but it's still hard. Acne may go away (even if it seems like it wont), but the awful memories wont. My confidence has taken just a hard beating as my face has.... well, thanks for reading my rant! They feel pretty good to write...

I forgot the name of the commercial I saw today, but they promised clear skin in 24 hours! It had these two teenage girls promoting the product. It was a personal guarantee from these two, except for the fine print near the bottom of the screen that read "Results may vary". I hate acne commercials in general. They make it seem soo easy to get rid of pimples.

I hate it even more when you're watching the commercial with someone else. I always feel really conscious of the other people in the room, and it gets awkward. Like you know exactly what they're thinking, that "why don't you try that?" is running through their heads. Maybe not... but I just hate seeing those commercials. It's even more awkward than seeing the "Enhancement" commercials with your parents.

If I have a breakout and that happens, I tell the other person to address the 500 pound elephant in the room and get it out. And those commercials last forever. Those two minutes are the longest minutes of my life. I usually keep the remote next to me and say I want to check in on a movie when a proactiv commercials comes on. If I don't have the remote, then I am screwed.

I think bald men feel the same way with a rogaine commercial, or an overweight person with a hydroxycut commercial. Yeah and I agree, at least you can share an awkward laugh about the enhancement commercials.

Every time one of these commercials comes on T.V it makes me laugh. They show pictures of people who have literally NO acne. You need to record the commercial, pause it at their face, take a picture and take it to a photo analyst just so you can find out where this "acne" is located.

Nike u mean the clean and clear commercial??

Anyways i don't mind if theres an acne commerical because it works and doesn't work for people

ALSO u guys are wrong vannessa hudgens DOES have acne.... i went to see high school musical 3 sooo every feature is like highlighted and u COULD SEE her acne... it was near her mouth

By acne, do you mean a few whiteheads that everybody gets? If that's acne, then everybody in the world has acne.

Anyways, we meant Proactiv, AcneFree, Clean & Clear, Murad, etc. Most people on this forum have found that it DOESN'T work on most cases of acne, usually only works on very very mild cases. That's what I've found from personal experience. All the people that I know who had "acne" cleared up immediately with that stuff. That's why all those celebrities who endorse the product claim that their "acne was cured!", because they hardly had acne in the first place.

yeah, the commercials can be pretty aggravating. only because they promise the impossible. proactive, especially, with the refining mask that supposedly zaps zits overnight. "you wake in the morning and you don't have acne! it's a great feeling."

noooooope. :naughty:

I get so annoyed when acne commercials come on. I remember one not sure which brand it was for, probably clearasil. A girl was whyning ( spelling?) about how shes so stressed with her disgusting skin, yet she didnt have a SINGLE pimple on her face literally it was completely flawless!

Its the same for anti ageing creams and pads etc. They always get like a 24 year old model to advertise them lol :think:

Oh yeah, it is the Clean and Clear commercial. Thank you serenity. I've never see a whitehead on an acne commercial. I only see red marks and small zits.

yeah, the commercials can be pretty aggravating. only because they promise the impossible. proactive, especially, with the refining mask that supposedly zaps zits overnight. "you wake in the morning and you don't have acne! it's a great feeling."

noooooope. :naughty:

lol I used to use that crap every night for a while there...did wonders, haha yeah right. I feel like biitch slapping jessica simpson and all of these damn celebs.

My favorite line from a proactive commercial was P-Diddy saying "I preserve my sexy" lol.

I would always just get really uncomfortable when I saw all these advertisements on tv and I was around other people. I have to take the bus most days and they'll always have Pro Activ commercials on the tvs... It really started to frustrate me.

I hate the Proactive commercials especially. They have all these people with two or three blemishes on their faces talking about how all their acne was cleared up overnight practically!!! Really now? :doubt: What makes it worse is how people who don't have acne think proactive is the automatic solution, and ask people who have bad acne why aren't they using it. They just buy into it, but people have actually used their products know that it is a piece of crap!

lol, I really don't like them either. 'Your skin will be perfect in 3 days!!!', etc.

But the one I hate most isn't about the acne claims themselves. I can't remember which product it's for, but it features a skateboarder who wants to talk to a girl, but can't because of his acne. Of course, he uses it and they disappear.

A few days later, he tells his friend that he's ready to talk to her. He then rides into her on his skateboard, knocking her to the ground and lands on top of her.

Now, having never had a girlfriend, I don't know much about girls. But I'm pretty sure this borders as some kind of illegal activity. But instead, she kisses the guy.

I dunno, just seems kind of dodgy to me...

I hate it even more when you're watching the commercial with someone else. I always feel really conscious of the other people in the room, and it gets awkward. Like you know exactly what they're thinking, that "why don't you try that?" is running through their heads. Maybe not... but I just hate seeing those commercials. It's even more awkward than seeing the "Enhancement" commercials with your parents.

yeah i know what you mean homie, it sucks.

but screw it, we're a family now basically, just gotta stay strong and pull thru it!!

I hate the Clean & Clear one! Especially the one girl who said, "I had it severe... like, 10 or 12 pimples at a time!" And all she had were tiny white heads... I could hardly notice them. I wanted to say, "Try cystic acne for a change, and then talk to me about 'severe'!"

It sucks when I want to sit and watch TV to escape from my stress about acne, and then I get bombarded by acne ads.

I hate it! Proactive is everywhere. Almost every channel has proactive commercials. The product made my face red when I used it. I just cover my ears and hum twinkle twinkle little star :whistle:

nothing makes me more mad than that!!!

they're using people's vulnerabilities to make money off of. i used proactive for three months and it didn't do a damn thing. i think it's completely messed up that they can get people's hopes up like that... its sad what our culture has come to :(

Dear god I know the feeling!

There was this ad ages back for the clean and clear product that supposedly got rid of pimples in 24 hours guaranteed. The ad made me so annoyed, because it consisted of two perfectly gorgeous girls with CLEAR skin in a bathroom, and one gasps and points to a non existent spot and goes, "Oh no, a pimple! The day before the party!"

The other says, "try this ..." And wallah ... of course, her clear skin becomes even ... clearer?

I hate when they get people with good skin to do acne products. It's like a skinny person who has never been fat advertising weight loss. They don't know the feeling and I doubt they ever will.