Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashy

Dairy Free Diet working for me! Hormonal 21/f/Ireland

Hi everyone!

I've had acne since I was 8 [that made youth "joyful"] and for years I tried all kinds of diets in order to atleast get a minimum level of self confidence. Just to clarify I have lots and lots of spots, about a billion blackheads but fortunately no cysts or heavy inflamation. For years I avoided sweets and chocolates, anything oily but I ALWAYS lashed down the milk because it's one of my favourite drinks and it's "healthy".

At 15 I went on the pill [Dianette] and that calmed the acne down albeit temporarily. But going dairy free has given me a new lease of life. Since 14 i don't think i'd ever gone outside without wearing make-up but now after really minimising dairy [chocolate often works it's way in] I've gone out without make-up and even looked people in the eye.

My acne is definitely effected by hormones and periods but I think going without dairy has shown animal fats intensify/aggravate acne. Well, mine anyway.

I know minimising dairy is really hard, but if anybody wants to try it i'd love to hear their progress or give any advice.

I still wear a lot of make-up out of habit and my confidence will probably always be low enough, but I never would've believed something so simple would've dramatically altered my appearence.

P.s. here is a photo of me, out in a club, and only wearing eyeliner :)post-92750-1231628098_thumb.jpg

Good luck everyone, with whatever route you chose.

post-92750-1231628098_thumb.jpg

dairy has made a huge difference for me too, I'm glad you've found your cure! I don't know that it's the animal fat in dairy, i think it is the hormones (added and natural, pregnant cows have a lot of testosterone in their milk and most milk comes from pregnant cows) Also apparently milk raises insulin levels. I guess I'm saying that it's probably ok (and perhaps desirable) to have some meat in your diet.

dairy has made a huge difference for me too, I'm glad you've found your cure! I don't know that it's the animal fat in dairy, i think it is the hormones (added and natural, pregnant cows have a lot of testosterone in their milk and most milk comes from pregnant cows) Also apparently milk raises insulin levels. I guess I'm saying that it's probably ok (and perhaps desirable) to have some meat in your diet.

Oooh I see, testoserone versus animal fats. I don't know which is the culprit but I am a tad weary of both. Whatever it takes!