Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DipItLow

lactic peel sampler from makeup artist how long will this...

1/2 oz lactic acid 40% last me? I just need to help even out my skin tone quickly I have 2 weeks. Do you think its ok to use this with proactive? I hear you can use it twice a week so would 1/2 oz bottle last me 4 peels?

Yes it will last you more than four peels. However two weeks is no where near enough time, just being realistic. Twice a week is pretty hardcore. I can imagine twice a week once and a while, but four peels in two weeks is asking for trouble which could lead to more breakouts, from irratation and LA *possibly* bringing stuff to the surface. I got away with 3 peels in two weeks, and my skin was a pretty sensitive afterwards, and a moderate breakout too. It will help with texture for sure, but to see best results you need 6-8 peels. Why take the risk of doing more damage than good. As for using pro active its advised not to use anything 24hrs before and after. I (since i have tough skin) do my AM routine, than at night take it easy and do the peel, then in the am (next day) take it easy, and then at night back to my reg. It takes trial and error and a bit to see how your skin reacts and tolerates everything. Good luck...

THANKS FOR the reply. I did some research last night took about an hour to look through these threads 8-[ . I decided I want to try the puredeming intese gel are you experienced with it or know of anyone on here who had good results!

Yeah i have been using it for about 5-6 months. It just feels good. It helps a little with inflammation, and a little bit with tone, but really just a little. I tried both the regular IG, and the new R-ALA IG. I like the R-ALA cause it has no comedgenic ingreidents, the old one I THOUGHT clogged my pores a bit. I use it mainly for antiaging effect or a pick me up here and there. I use to use it everyday at first and then everyother day, now I use two times a week.

Guest Tracy

I agree w/speedracer.....it's a good mask, it hasn't really helped with redmarks but it's great for tone and hydration. It's very soothing to my skin.....I use it approx 3x per week.

great! I sent out for the 1/2 oz size. Right now proactive is workijng great by the end of the month my skin I would say 50% improvement and I have only been on it for about 1 week and 3 days and theres already a 30% improvement in my skin.