Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ayla

The Moon and your menses

Okay - so on December 12th we had the biggest moon in 15 years. I had a hellacious period, and more of a breakout than normal, also my period came early - on Dec 12th - usually occurs as the moon is waning, around the 14th-16th.

Today, biggest moon of 2009 - got my period again - also been breaking out more than normal. I don't normally get that much of a hormonal breakout.

Anybody else in the same boat?

Is that not maybes just a coincidence ?

i doubt many people will have been looking at the moon and seeing similarities with it compared to their acne or whatever :think:

i'm also slightly confused

The only thing I've noticed happening to me on a full moon is that I suddenly get very hairy, my incisors grow and I have the uncontrollable urge to run on all fours, chasing rodents....

JK :P

Another interesting fact is the correlation between the female menstrual cycle and the cycle of the moon. The moon's cycle is the same number of days as the average menstrual cycle, and even the word "menses" is related to the original word for month, and our months used to be determined not by a number of days, but by each cycle of the moon.

The moon is seen as a female symbol, and was worshipped in ancient times as a powerful force.

It is believed to be linked to the unconscious and our feminine side.

The sacredness of the moon has been connected with the basic cyclic rhythms of life. The changing phases of the moon were linked to the death and rebirth seen in crops and the seasons, and also to the female monthly cycle that controls human fertility. The moon calendar is still important and many festivals exist around the lunar phases.

I thought that was common knowledge, sorry. Sooo...yeah. My period is most assuredly affected by the moon.

I GOT MY PERIOD YESTERDAY TOO. lolol.

It's the worst I've had in quite a while =( ugh. It's funny, because I was just thinking earlier about that correlation between the moon and the menstrual cycle. I read a book last year which said to just look at -and notice- the moon each day, and notice the way your body is acting on those days, and you will really start to understand that correlation.

I uh...need to start doing that ;P

Good part is I usually get my big huge breakout the week before my period BUT NOT THIS MONTH!!! Thanks to the regimen ;D yessss I am so SO happy.

I thought that was common knowledge, sorry. Sooo...yeah. My period is most assuredly affected by the moon.

For real. I didn't realize that so few people knew about the lunar/menstrual correlation.

oh my god....maybe that's why ive been in PERIOD HELL this month! i had it THREE TIMES since december started.

and my face looks like hell right now because of it. i want to cry. :cry:

oh my god....maybe that's why ive been in PERIOD HELL this month! i had it THREE TIMES since december started.

and my face looks like hell right now because of it. i want to cry. :cry:

me too, I'm all screwed up right now :evil:

let's commiserate :comfort: