Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moreGano

Roche worst corporate criminals of the 90's

In 1999, Hoffman/ LaRoche was named the top corporate criminal by the US publication, Multinational Monitor, after they pleaded guilty and paid the largest criminal fine in history, 1 billion dollars total fine to the US government and EU, and a 10 billion dollar settlement to customers after they were caught perpetuating a vitamin conspiracy/cartel where they collaborated to artificially inflate the price of food fortifying vitamins in the United States and all over the world for over a decade. Several of Roche’s corporate executives were sentenced to prison for their roles in this vitamin cartel.

http://www.accutaneaction.com/Frauds/roche_finc_frauds.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/accutane/TUOOI1DDF8LBQUOU1

If there's a worst criminal in the world, you know it's going to be a pharmaceutical company. I'm surprised they haven't been shut down for crying out loud!

I'm just happy I had the Canadian version of the drug (Clarus, manufactured by Prempharm). Jeez, I hope they don't have any skeletons in their closet...

If there's a worst criminal in the world, you know it's going to be a pharmaceutical company. I'm surprised they haven't been shut down for crying out loud!

I'm just happy I had the Canadian version of the drug (Clarus, manufactured by Prempharm). Jeez, I hope they don't have any skeletons in their closet...

It's the same thing you are taking.

I'm scared...and confused!?

Roche, do they manufacture Accutane, or the knock-off Accutane?

Roche invented Accutane.

haha, really? fixing vitamin prices is small potatoes. enron, worldcom, ponzi, and financials. those people are real corporate criminals. im shocked i never heard of this though. very interesting.

roche is currently feeding me their pills. i'm not going to bite, lol.

haha, really? fixing vitamin prices is small potatoes. enron, worldcom, ponzi, and financials. those people are real corporate criminals. im shocked i never heard of this though. very interesting.

atleast it says something about their credibility and lack of trust

"A message to the Roche Pharmaceutical Company, makers of Accutane (Roaccutane):

On your Australian web site, you say that "There is a great deal of inaccurate and misleading information about medications on the Internet written by people without medical/healthcare training." While that is true, I believe that you are trying to undermine the credibility of the many people who criticize your product. First, consider how Accutane has probably received more bad publicity than a hundred other drugs chosen at random from the PDR. Is this just a coincidence? I don't think so. By the way, how might you undermine my credibility? I graduated in the top 1% of my class in medical school, the director of my residency program once commented that I was the smartest resident they ever had, and one of my former bosses told me that I was the smartest doctor he ever met. Therefore, I've had the medical/healthcare training that you deem to be essential, and Accutane is the only drug I would never prescribe because it is too likely to induce regrettable effects, including some that are long-lasting or permanent. In my opinion, your intransigent defense of Accutane is undermining your credibility. You have other laudable drugs, but when you turn a blind eye to some of the side effects of Accutane, you naturally make physicians and the public skeptical of your trustworthiness."

atleast it says something about their credibility and lack of trust

"A message to the Roche Pharmaceutical Company, makers of Accutane (Roaccutane):

On your Australian web site, you say that "There is a great deal of inaccurate and misleading information about medications on the Internet written by people without medical/healthcare training." While that is true, I believe that you are trying to undermine the credibility of the many people who criticize your product. First, consider how Accutane has probably received more bad publicity than a hundred other drugs chosen at random from the PDR. Is this just a coincidence? I don't think so. By the way, how might you undermine my credibility? I graduated in the top 1% of my class in medical school, the director of my residency program once commented that I was the smartest resident they ever had, and one of my former bosses told me that I was the smartest doctor he ever met. Therefore, I've had the medical/healthcare training that you deem to be essential, and Accutane is the only drug I would never prescribe because it is too likely to induce regrettable effects, including some that are long-lasting or permanent. In my opinion, your intransigent defense of Accutane is undermining your credibility. You have other laudable drugs, but when you turn a blind eye to some of the side effects of Accutane, you naturally make physicians and the public skeptical of your trustworthiness."

Yeah, I'm a doctor too! We're all doctors! Woohoo!

moreGano says: "By the way, how might you undermine my credibility? I graduated in the top 1% of my class in medical school, the director of my residency program once commented that I was the smartest resident they ever had, and one of my former bosses told me that I was the smartest doctor he ever met."

Before judging your credibility I would have to know what medical school (if you are so smart I am assuming you went to Stanford) you graduated from and the size of your class, afterall, there are online degrees that you can get from just about anywhere. Also, your former boss? Where did you work? There could be some credibility issues there too.....some are not impressed with j words alone.

As far as your initial post, yes this is true. But this happened in 1999! 10 years ago! This did not deal directly with Accutane. Yes it is the same company, but the company is huge.

People are not forced to take any kinds of medications. The drug has been out there for decades and if it was sooooo horrible it would have been recalled and there would have been a class action lawsuit as in Vioxx.

So people, be in charge of your own health and quit blaming it on other people if you decide to take a controversial medicine.

i took that off a website thats why it's quoted duh

by the way there has been class action lawsuits and all sorts of personal lawsuits. don't even talk before you know the facts. in 2007 alone there was 430 cases of IBD and 300 cases of ulcerative colitis reported to the FDA, they say that only 1 out of every 10 severe side effects get reported so you can imagine how many really are getting damaged by this drug...

and it's funny I was taking a look at a drug called thalidomide, a medicine that looks similiar to Accutane, guaranteed neurological damage, and birth defects

there was a doctor that revealed the scandal, he said something about the consequences of the drug and that it needs to be immediately withdrawn

Later the company wrote an open letter where they admitted the possiblity of the side effects but continued to deny a scientifical link

it's just a 30 year old copy to how the Accutane issue has been handled, the difference? Roche seems to be sucking out alot longer.

Morgan,

I heard recently on the Survivors forum that Roche are due to stop prudicng brand accutane!! That's great news, although the only reason apparently for doing so is because they have lost their license and now many generic versions are available.

Oh well, at least this will save a few more souls.

Morgan,

I heard recently on the Survivors forum that Roche are due to stop prudicng brand accutane!! That's great news, although the only reason apparently for doing so is because they have lost their license and now many generic versions are available.

good to hear, next in line are the generics

Morgan,

How is that good at all? The generic brands are the same drug.