Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Juice.

Dryness and Flakiness

I've been on the regimen for almost 2 months now. I'm happy with the results so far. It's been the most effective regimen I've ever been on. My acne has really improved. The redness has subsided too, but I have one problem.

Flaky little white bits turn up on my face throughout the day. I have amazing teeth, but I can't show them off like I used to because I smile and, all of the sudden, I got flakes all over my face. I can't eat during school, because I chew and end up looking like a goldfish. My face feels stiff, like I can't make any sort of expression, smile, or whatever. And if I do, it's at the risk of getting flakes.

So, does the flakiness ever end? Is there any way to curb the flakiness? I use almost 2 pumps of Dans moisturizer as it is.

I've been on the regimen for almost 2 months now. I'm happy with the results so far. It's been the most effective regimen I've ever been on. My acne has really improved. The redness has subsided too, but I have one problem.

Flaky little white bits turn up on my face throughout the day. I have amazing teeth, but I can't show them off like I used to because I smile and, all of the sudden, I got flakes all over my face. I can't eat during school, because I chew and end up looking like a goldfish. My face feels stiff, like I can't make any sort of expression, smile, or whatever. And if I do, it's at the risk of getting flakes.

So, does the flakiness ever end? Is there any way to curb the flakiness? I use almost 2 pumps of Dans moisturizer as it is.

I'm no expert, but have you tried adding jojoba oil to the moisturizer? A lot of people on the forums don't even care for his moisturizer. Almost everyone agrees that just moisturizer is not enough for flakiness, and that they need to add something like jojoba oil to it.

How much BP do you use? Try to tone it down a little- I use just enough to cover my face, with emphasis on my "problem areas," and ever since I started doing that, I stopped having to apply moisturizer.