Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RahGoAwayAcne

Rah! Does it EVER end?

Been on antibiotics that got rid of what ever made me produce inflamed spots, but still, about 90% of my pores are clogged and it's really getting me down. Blackheads seem to be the stubbornest things to get rid of, spots come and go but blackheads are just relentless. I have thousands of small clogged pores that can be extracted but will then fill up a couple days later, then loads of deep filled ones that won't shift. I've tried SA and MA, Duac and Differin, they mildly reduce the appearence a bit but still nowhere near effective enough.

I know people grow out of 'normal' inflammed acne, but non-inflammed clogged pores...can they ever just 'fall' out and thats that? Or is it a problem we'll be faced with the rest of our lives....

Do u exfoliate and mosterize. It's important to exoliate because pimples are dead skin cells and oil/dirt. Also u need to mosterize even if u have oily skin because if we don't our skin produces more oils to make up for the loss of mosture... and then pimples form becuase the dead skin cells got in the pore and clogged it... hopefully i explained this well :P

i get this problem too,

my skin's texture looks "bumpy" because i get clogged skin tone pores.

it drives me nuts, especially when i am out in the sun, my skin must look awful then.

it is called "comedonal acne" and i have found that NOTHING topically will get rid of them,

instead, i tried to do something internally to get rid of these pesky little buggers.

i started to research the vitamin called "B5" or "pantothenic acid" (there is a sticky about them in the natural & holisitical forum) and i have been mega dosing on them for almost 3 months now, and my skin has completely done a 360.

my skin no longer appears bumpy and i hardly get black heads or little stubborn skin tone clogged pores anymore.

it is a pricey solution, as it does add up in price..

however, i find that it helps a lot for comedonal acne.

pm if you have any more questions.

Rah- -

please send me an email and i'll sell you one of my face brushes and try it !! It will take about 3-4 weeks using daily morning and night with any thing you already use !! Then after your victory then pass the message on to Dan. You will be surprised !! And pleased !!

email to [email protected]

We'll be in touch

karson

I don't think that any of this is fair. We will NEVER outgrow comedonal acne; I inherited it from my father who still has it and he's in his 60s.

People like us need to be understood. What we have is a continuous, all-encompassing problem that is almost ENTIRELY ignored by the medical community. It is not the same as acne vulgaris, and thus should not be treated in the same way, because unlike regular acne, it never goes away.

The only hope we have is to treat ourselves, and although we will probably need to continue using these ridiculous products for the rest of our lives, our main focus should be to find something that is affordable and WORKS.

I'm sick of things like Retin-a and Differin which fix the problem about 30% in the beginning but don't alter the root of the problem, our oil production, and ultimately leave us with greasy skin and stretched-open pores. I'm sure we're all tired of having to slather some type of stinging, drying expensive shit all over our noses, cheeks, and forehead every single night, and receiving little to no results.

I think Accutane should be more readily available to sufferers of comedonal acne, as I've heard that a continuous low-dose is the only thing that is effective, affordable, and does not require those constant, lengthy beauty rituals. I almost feel that we need it more than the ones who have cystic acne without blackheads do.

A person only lives once, and I think that although we all have our flaws, everyone deserves to have nice, clear skin. Most of us will probably never be able to get Accutane from our dermatologists, but luckily there are generic forms available (illegally) online. Even though this is kind of drastic, at least we know there's HOPE.

(Sorry about the lengthy rant.)

I think you are absolutely right, Genius. Comedonal acne is tucked away and ignored and treated as a LESS SERIOUS form of inflammatory acne. It's just as corrosive to one's psychological and emotional well being as traditional inflammatory acne, if not more. Low dose accutane is unfortunately the ONLY thing that really works, and that's just not acceptable in my book. There really needs to be a focused research effort for the millions and millions who suffer from an equally life-corrosive form of acne: comedonal acne. Jesus, in these times of medical and technological advancements, to think that we can't figure out how to create a topical that has the same sebostatic (oil-stopping) effects as accutane...that way we won't have to experience systemic side effects. I'm certain that if there was enough of a focused research effort, that a solution could be arrived at. Until then, low dose tane is the ONLY thing that works!!!

To be honest, there's no incentive to find a solution is there? The acne market must be huge, I estimate the majority of teens will have experienced acne to some extent, with a large proportion buying all the useless Clearasil treatments, I must have spent hundreds of pounds so far.

To be honest, there's no incentive to find a solution is there? The acne market must be huge, I estimate the majority of teens will have experienced acne to some extent, with a large proportion buying all the useless Clearasil treatments, I must have spent hundreds of pounds so far.

That's exactly it. I have spent nearly $800 in the last year on products that promised to unclog my pores. As long as we are willing to do that (and we always will be, because we want this to stop!) there will never be a decent cure for this problem.

The best topical approach, imo, is a combination of a retinoid and BHAs or a retinoid and mandelic acid. It's true that this approach won't affect the fundamental issue -- overproduction of waxy sebum -- but it can at least get rid of old comedones and even out skin tone.

I was able to get my skin looking really good just with Green Cream and hydroxy acids. I did still have congested pores, which annoyed me no end .... but I was the only one who would ever notice them. Certainly no one else looks at my face in a 10x magnifying mirror.