Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pic of me

-link removed-

Okay so when i was in middle school i was one of the p&p (pretty and popular.) I was always followed by a swarm of my friends. People and friends we jealous of my 'clear skin' and then acne hit... my mom got soooo freaked out at my 'acne' which was ONLY 1 PIMPLE and popped it with a needle... and then it got worse.... i started getting these underground pimples which of course got worse.... now i feel sooo bad.... i use makeup as a shield to hide my insecarities... with makeup i have flawless skin...without it i feel like a freak

P.s I will upload a pic of me.... i'm asian btw

P.SS sorrys if i sound like im being concieted

Yeah pretty much everyone here hates acne, lol. I was never one of the popular kids, but when I got acne at 13 it really gave people a reason to make fun of me. Just don't let acne run your life, you should never lose friends because of it, and if you do, they were not very good friends to begin with.

This is simply lame. Don't worry, there are people here who have been struggling with severe acne for 30+ years. One pimple is normal, especially at the age of 13.

It could be worse: http://www.medscape.com/content/1997/00/40...wh3076.fig4.jpg

If this is your reaction to one pimple, I can't even begin to imagine how you would handle the death of someone, being fired etc.

Well actually i have 4... i know hahahaha i actually counted.... and thanks guys it's just that should i take some medicine for it like birth control or something?? Also i have these tiny bumps on my forehead like 10 of them :[ they wont go away theyre like skin colored and u cant see them unless in sunlight...help plz >.<

Man I would be happy if I only had 4 pimples right now. Anyway, popularity shouldn't be based on looks (even though it is). You are still the same girl you were before, so if anyone doesn't like you because of your skin it is because they are shallow and don't care about your personality. But at your age, unfortunately I can see acne posing problems socially. Hopefully it's not that bad, because it doesn't sound that bad. Just see if you can get some medication and regain your popularity through a good personality and confidence in it.

No.. I wouldn't advise going on birth control just for mild mild acne. Go to a dermatologist or buy some products from CVS or something.

i know how you feel. my popularity went up and down throughout high school because of how bad i felt about my acne. finally i let it get to me and just decided it would be easier to be a loser with no friends. please don't do that. i used to read the morning announcements on tv at school, and even though doing that was the only thing i really thought was fun about HS i eventually stopped doing it because i couldn't stand the entire school having to look at my ugly face up close

Thanks guys.... i know how acne effects popularity and stuff but yeah my friends haven't made a comment about my acne and i'm sooo happy about that but then again i use makeup sooo it looks like i have flawless skin but still bumpy >.<

my mom says i shouldn't use prodects just exfoliate and mosterizel.... becuase she said that produts is like putting chemicals in your skin and that makes it bad or something like that so i guess i'mma stick to that... thanks guys :]

I understand how you feel. I used to be quite popular. The popular people asked me to join them, they said I was cool and that I was a pimp etc. Many girls say hi to me everyday and try play games with me etc. But then I got severe acne and I became very anti social and depressed. Now I barely have any friends at all. I dont even have friends who are unpopular so I dont even try to make friends with the popular guys again. Anyway I dont even care about popularity anymore. Popularity ends after high school and I am in my last year of high school. I just focus on my study now so I can go to a good university and get a good job so I can live a good life.

I was the same as you when I was 13. But when you get older you will understand popularity is not that important.

you became unpopular and dumped your boyfriend because of one spot?

maybe melodrama has something to do with it...

birth control?!? YOURE THIRTEEN! holy cow, enjoy your childhood, and stop worrying about a couple pimples. at this age, you'd be abnormal if you DIDNT get a couple. i think pumping your body full of hormones at such a young age will do you more harm than good.

and this is just my opinion, but at thirteen, i do not think that any girl is mature enough to be on birth control. you are still a child.

and when i was 13, i started getting severe acne... be grateful it isn't as bad as some people have experienced.

try starting a skin care regimen for yourself. there are plenty of acne kits out there that can help control the occasional breakout. i've heard good things about this one in particular:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hU...p1L._SS500_.jpg

Yeah, I agree with Suzy. DO NOT start birth control!!! If you're only getting a few spots, just treat it with some BP or maybe a cleanser with salicylic acid from your drugstore. Or try this regimen:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OMG-GUYS-THIS-t35135.html

Taking birth control is the last thing you want. I mean, some girls your age haven't even started getting their period! DON'T mess with your hormones. Lots of people get acne because of hormones and imbalances. And lots of people who use birth control to control their acne just get even more severe acne when they get off.

I'll sound like an asshole, but it was a pleasure reading that. I like it when a so called "popular" kid gets acne. Kind of gives him/her the understanding of how shallow one can be.

That said, I hope your acne gets better, and don't go on birth control. Well, I mean, not for acne ;)

I'll sound like an asshole, but it was a pleasure reading that. I like it when a so called "popular" kid gets acne. Kind of gives him/her the understanding of how shallow one can be.

That said, I hope your acne gets better, and don't go on birth control. Well, I mean, not for acne ;)

wrapped up in your own high school dramatics much? lay off her, she's awfully young to be making rude statements like that.

that, and your creepish remark about the birth control issue. what the hell is that?

Hey, look at it this way. Maybe it's good that you had a mild breakout, now you can understand how others with it feel, and hopefully it's giving you a new outlook on what beautiful is. You said you were popular and pretty? Did you lose your friends because of this? Then this experience teaches you who your real friends are, and you can start befriending other types of people and broadening your life. Look at this optimistically. :razz:

Thanks guys :] . My moms says we can go get aveeno cuz it's natural and won't clog pores.

Okay i also realized ive been kinda shallow on ppls who get spots because i thought acne was from not washing your face but i was wrong...sorrys :[

Also i started my period when i was 11 sooo i thought it would be okay if i was on birth control.

P.S USD FUCK OFF... pervert >.< . Also i was gonna put my pic on here but....theyre perves on here 0.o

Hey I know how you feel. I mean I wasn't constantly being followed by boys but I had a life and things were getting better for me before I starting getting horrible breakouts and became less and less confident and social. It doesn't matter if you are popular or not acne WILL affect you.

Don't worry though, your skin sounds like it is very treatable.

I started breaking out out badly around the age 12. Middle school is probably the worst time and people constantly think about popularity and refer to popularity more than in highschool.

I would suggest seeing a dermatologist. He/she can help treat your specific problem.

Wash your face with a mild cleanser like Cetaphil or cerave. A derm can help you decide if you need salicylic acid, BP, a stronger topical, etc. Make sure you wear sunscreen every day and moisturize.

People on this site are very helpful and I hope you find a lot of useful information.

Some things that help control my breakouts are aspirin masks and/or yogurt masks.

For aspirin masks I get 4-5 aspirin tablets and add 5 drops of water to the bowl, then I add a squirt of honey. You can also add yogurt to that and it seems to help me. It doesn't control breakouts but it exfoliates my skin and helps reduce the size of my zits.

I don't know what makeup you use, but some makeup makes acne worse so you should do some research on makeup for acne-prone skin on this site if you haven't already.

Good luck!!!

yay we got a revelation.

well if anything I think this is great cause you now have a new perspective on something you had little info on.

Trust me youll get thru this easy!

Thanks guys :] . My moms says we can go get aveeno cuz it's natural and won't clog pores.

Okay i also realized ive been kinda shallow on ppls who get spots because i thought acne was from not washing your face but i was wrong...sorrys :[

Also i started my period when i was 11 sooo i thought it would be okay if i was on birth control.

P.S USD FUCK OFF... pervert >.< . Also i was gonna put my pic on here but....theyre perves on here 0.o

serenity, i got my period around the same time, but your body will still grow and mature over the next couple of years. i'd say 15/16 is a good time to start thinking about the pill. you need to give yourself a few years to grow naturally. plus, like nathalie said, BC can bring about a lot of unwanted side effects, and can really do a number on a woman's body (take it from me, i've been there) and i don't necessarily think that's something a 13 year old girl should be dealing with. ... especially if you're not sexually active. forgive me for being presumptuous, i would just assume that anyone at your age isn't having sex yet.

maybe i was just a late bloomer, but at 13, i still played with dolls :lol:

Just cause you start your period doesn't mean anything, you're still going through puberty. 13 is way young to start birth control, and no offense, but I highly doubt you, at that age, can remember to take a pill every day at the same time.

You're 13?! Don't go on the pill. Try topical stuff, but don't go on the pill unless you've exhausted all other options. If it were extremely severe and your only other choice was accutane, then I'd say start the pill, but that's only because I believe accutane has worser side effects than BC. Even if you've had your period, there are other aspects of your body that can still be developing.

As far as anybodyhaving sex goes, call me old-fashioned, but none of you should be doing it unless you can fully deal with its repercussions. Accidents happen, and I've seen way too many HS-aged girls who had a bright future ahead of themselves get pregnant (some of them being my good friends). You think your life is rough with acne, try taking care of a kid too.

Btw guys, I don't think that she is saying that she lost her popularity and boyfriend over one pimple, lol, if you read the initial post again, she says that it started with one pimple and her mom popped it with a needle and it got worse after that.

Oh also, who else besides me wants to see a picture of this girl? >_> <_< LOL. I just wanna see how bad it really is.