Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Everymorning about 10 minutes after i shower u can see skin flaking off my face. its really embarassing and thats why i dont put anything on in the morning because i have school. This has been occuring since before i was using acne products. Is there any moisturizer or anything i can do to get rid of this? I see that it stops being so flaky after making a few trips to the bathroom and putting water on it over and over

Currently using BP 8% wash 2 times a day

and Ziana at night

and my derm told me to use klaron lotion in the morning but i dont cause of this.

and i take keflex 2 times a day.

Looking for something i can get in a store

I DONT DRINK WATER ITS NASTY

Drop the 8% BP wash. I use to use PanOxyl 10% BP, dried me too much. I got Purpose Gentle Cleanse Wash and use 10% BP gel (which is too drying, i ordered dan's 2.5% bp and whole kit). I use equate version of Cetaphil's Fragrance Free lotion for Dry, Sensitive skin with 3 drops of Desert Essence's Jojoba Oil. Got rid of flakies and dry skin is sort of recovering. The Jojoba Oil got rid of flakes and smoothed my appearance of fine lines and pores.

I find when i flake on the odd occasion is to put my moisturizer on my wet face just after i've cleansed it, don't towel dry or anything just put whatever moisturizer available straight onto the wet face. I'm guessing the moisturizer helps absorb in with water so overall theres more moisture. Its just what works with me. I use Vaseline intensive care moisture.

I have the same flakey problem u are describing. This is due to my overuse of BP 10. I went to the doctor y'day & he perscribed me E45 Cream. This is great & my skin feels really soft already, but I am using it 4 times a day!

anyways...Good Luck!!!!!

well iv had this ever before i used any acne product i just got the BP 8 yesterday and the flakyness is not any different so i dont think its that. but i just got some cetaphil DailyAdvance ULtra Hydrating Lotion? is this any good? AND this may be important I DRINK NO WATER unless i take ecstasy and have to keep myself hydrated. i dread the taste of water and drink pop all day every day.

first of all.. stop taking E as it is going to permanently fuck you up in the long run.. second, if water tastes so bad just buy a juice drink mix and put in a tiny bit so then you can drink it without gagging... third, pop is not doing you ANY good.. in the last couple of months i have TOTALLY stopped drinking pop all together and now all i drink is juice/water/(sometimes milk).. my acne has gotten ALOT! better once pimple every couple of days from a couple everyday

Try Olay's total moisturizer. You only need a little bit in the dry spots and it doesn't make your skin greasy, it just makes it soft. I have really oily skin and this is the only moisturizer that works for me. You mentioned you use 8% BP wash...you could try using a gentler wash and taking a vitamin formulated for healthy skin.