Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noolan

I'm Offically Anti-Topical

Now before I start, I would like to say from 17-19, BP was the only thing that kept me clear, but since then, I have come to the conclusion topicals are not the answer for long term clear skin.

Since 19, I have gone from no BP to tons of BP, back and fourth. Well this summer, I had 99% clear skin with washing with water and spot treating with BP. Come last September, I started breaking out again and back the regimen I ran . As I put more BP on my face, month after month, the worst my problem areas became. I was 75% clear, but kept getting large cystic acne spots in the same areas. So I finally got sick of spending 25 mins each morning and evening doing the regimen.

About 2 weeks ago I stopped the regimen and moved to washing my face one a day and applying a lotion if I am overly dry. I generally only get dry when I shave, which is largely do to the winter season. Guess what, ONE confirmed zit, with the rest of my breakouts being so mild they don't last or they look like what would have turned into a large zit, but disappear overnight.

MY BASIC POINT IS, if you are 20 or older and have light to moderate acne, STOP RUINING YOUR SKIN!

Just my two cents,

Nolan

the only way to attack this is to understand cause and effect, in other words fix your diet with all essential minerals and vitamins, and macronutrients in the right quantitys.

there are issues with the absorbability of minerals and vitamins though that may require one to take high amounts to catch up with deficiencys developed over the years.

Now before I start, I would like to say from 17-19, BP was the only thing that kept me clear, but since then, I have come to the conclusion topicals are not the answer for long term clear skin.

Since 19, I have gone from no BP to tons of BP, back and fourth. Well this summer, I had 99% clear skin with washing with water and spot treating with BP. Come last September, I started breaking out again and back the regimen I ran . As I put more BP on my face, month after month, the worst my problem areas became. I was 75% clear, but kept getting large cystic acne spots in the same areas. So I finally got sick of spending 25 mins each morning and evening doing the regimen.

About 2 weeks ago I stopped the regimen and moved to washing my face one a day and applying a lotion if I am overly dry. I generally only get dry when I shave, which is largely do to the winter season. Guess what, ONE confirmed zit, with the rest of my breakouts being so mild they don't last or they look like what would have turned into a large zit, but disappear overnight.

MY BASIC POINT IS, if you are 20 or older and have light to moderate acne, STOP RUINING YOUR SKIN!

Just my two cents,

Nolan

SMART MAN, SMART MAN! I have also noticed the same thing.

Prepare to have some teenagers with one pimple on their nose come and cry to your thread about how it isn't working for them. But don't worry 'bout dem haterz! haha.

Just my two cents,

Nolan

I wholeheartedly second this; I used to panic when my acne would get worse and think that I wasn't being clean enough (thinking maybe I hadn't changed my pillow case often enough, hadn't wash my face well enough, etc.). I've done some damage to my skin with the ridiculous BP regimens I used to follow but not washing my face (particularly in hotter water) is doing wonders for revitalizing my skin. The less I do to my skin, the better it seems to look (I do attribute this to a healthy diet though more so; when my diet's good, the only thing washing my face does is give me drier skin).

SMART MAN, SMART MAN! I have also noticed the same thing.

Prepare to have some teenagers with one pimple on their nose come and cry to your thread about how it isn't working for them. But don't worry 'bout dem haterz! haha.

Your words are incredibly true.

Noolan: I am happy to see another person is figuring this out. :dance:

Doing nothing (but being healthy with diet and exercise) are the best things I have ever done. It's absolutely incredible how much my complexion has changed in 8 days, especially the redness. My face used to be beet red after showers and even worse after shaving, now it looks.......normal. I can't wait to see how I look in a few more weeks.

With the results I've seen so far I'm pretty sure that I will be 100% clear with non-irritated and red skin. I shouldn't say 100% clear though because I only have one pimple, yes it worked that fast for me.

Thought I would give a quick update to this thread. I have found a balance for me that is really working. Through a strict diet, exercise, and very light form of the regimen, I am clearest I have ever been in winter. About a week after posting this thread, I had a pretty bad breakout, mainly because I began eating poorly. I returned to the topicals to help speed my recovery and seem to have found a perfect balance of proper diet and light regimen. I for one might go into summer with clear skin and not have to wait a month for the sun to clear me up. :dance: This has been on going for just over three weeks. I'll update in a few weeks.

Please Note: This was not an attempt to start a debate, I was simply offering my two cents.

Doing nothing (but being healthy with diet and exercise) are the best things I have ever done. It's absolutely incredible how much my complexion has changed in 8 days, especially the redness. My face used to be beet red after showers and even worse after shaving, now it looks.......normal. I can't wait to see how I look in a few more weeks.

With the results I've seen so far I'm pretty sure that I will be 100% clear with non-irritated and red skin. I shouldn't say 100% clear though because I only have one pimple, yes it worked that fast for me.

7 Days since my last post and so far, so good! I am pretty strict about my diet when it comes to gluten. Last night I gave in and ate an entire medium pizza from dominos, but other then that, by super light use of the regimen and eating better is doing wonders. Skin is clearing nicely and any breakouts I have had, are so mild in nature. NO MORE HUGE RED CYSTIC BUMPS.

Can any girl out there answer this question? What do I use to take off makeup (only concealer and powder) when I can't use a face wash? Also is it ok to use coconut oil for dry skin?

Can any girl out there answer this question? What do I use to take off makeup (only concealer and powder) when I can't use a face wash? Also is it ok to use coconut oil for dry skin?

use Cetaphil face wash... it is mild and doesnt have acne products like BP or SA that will upset the ph balance of your skin. i just finished accutane, so im clear... but i havent used any acne creams in 5 months and it feels great!! i plan to stay away from those things after reading about how it is all just a vicious cycle. i dont know much about acne and diet though... seems really complicated.

I think coconut oil would be ok... but personally I LOVE sweet almond oil. It really makes your skin look clearer...as in more luminous etc. And it never breaks me out. It also works really well to take off mascara/eyeliner you just have to work a little harder. If you don't want to use an oil you could also try witch hazel. I was actually taking my makeup off with witch hazel for a while due to shear laziness. My skin didn't break out any more than usual. I wear mineral makeup now though, but even with conventional makeup you should fare well. I would recommend this for dry skin...or any skin really but it i love it so much. It is extremely soothing. It's called Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, Alcohol-Free Toner..

I buy mine from iherb.com for like 7 or 8 dollars for 12oz, but i don't know where you could find it in stores

What really works well for me to feel extra clean is to take off my makeup with the sweet almond oil and tone with the rose petal toner