Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suprms219

Anybody get clear without accutane?

did anybody get totally clearskin on any antibiotics or perscribed meds by the derm. I have no idea what to ask me derm to give me?

Back in the day when i didnt care much about the condition of my face, i didnt use anything. Not even soap. Just warm water. The zits would often dissapear in a couple days.

The whole purpose of ur dermatologist is for them to prescribe YOU something based on how severe or moderate ur condition is. Thats not ur job. Unless you derm is being a bitch and not prescibing accutane, then talk back to him/her.

dun worry tho, all will go good at the derm.

If you walk in your derm office and say " I want you to prescribe this, that and this", it is not going to work.

Like jay said, they surely know what do prescribe you upon the look of your face, they deal with people like us every day!

Like jay said, they surely know what do prescribe you upon the look of your face, they deal with people like us every day!

The whole purpose of ur dermatologist is for them to prescribe YOU something based on how severe or moderate ur condition is. Thats not ur job. Unless you derm is being a bitch and not prescibing accutane' date=' then talk back to him/her.

quote']

bump. dermatologists are medical doctors, im assuming you are not (and neither am i.) if you could decide what you needed on your own and could write your own prescriptions, then you woudlnt need a derm. just go to the doc, discuss your thoughts, sak him/her about things that youve heard and/or read and let THEM tell you what to use. a typical progressions is usually just topicals, then antibiotics and topicals, then accutane (going from mild to severe), and theyll onoly go from one of those to the next if the most mild one doesnt work.

relax and have some faith in the medical field smile.gif