Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnZe

Guys Read! - Girls Don't.

This question is aimed at guys, who have a problem with the area that needs to be shaved (and no, this has noubt to do with rubbing BP Gel into ones spotty/hairy ass).

I firmly believe that shaving is a major cause of my problems, so I try to shave as little as possible. After a while, I feel like that due to the length of stubble, the Gel I am rubbing in does less and less, and therefore have produced this rule:

The longer the stubble, the less efficient the BP is.

Before you all cry genius, I will tell you that I'm not ;-) - Just wanted to know if anyone else has put any thought into it. I don't know whether to shave every day, so there is no resistance when I rub the BP in (but I feel shaving is a cause), or, put off shaving for ages (so it will be less of a cause) but put up with having long stubble to get round when rubbing it in.

As this was a question (and my rule is actually a load of crap), you didn't really get anything from reading this, so instead of it being a complete waste of your time, write a quick reply!

shaving regularly has helped me. your skin will get used to it. just make sure you use the right equipment, this will differ from person to person. i personally use gilette sensor excel and gilette shaving gel with aloe. just remember to be careful. going over lightly every day is better than going through thicker hair occasionally.

For me shaving alot with a straight razor is complection suicide, i bough a braun electric razor and it still breaks me out just alot less.

I also use Sensor Excel, and a shaving gel for very sensitive skin. I ONLY get problems with the area that comes in contact with the razor, and my probelms only started when I started shaving.

I have a slight feeling that my skin may react badly to a certain metal, as I use to wear a certain set of glasses, which were made of nickle, and where the nickle touched my skin I use to get a VERY acne like rash, once I stopped wearing them it went away. Startied wearing them again it came back (what I am getting at is it was defo the glasses).

Any comments?

Sorry guys, I'm a girl and couldn't help reading a "for guys only"! My boyfriend used to have terrible skin, and after being to several derms he finally got some good advice. Use an electric razor--not a straight razor! Put on sunscreen everyday--EVERYDAY. He also started using Obagi facewash (available through derms only, although not Rx), but the Eucerin Pore Purifying works just as well. His skin is totally cleared up and has been for several years. Hope this helps someone out there O:)