Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just one of those things i dread i guess...THE HAIRCUT.

I should probably get one soon, but i can't seem to pull myself to do it.

There's nothing worse then having to sit in a chair looking into a mirror seeing every one of your imperfections (thanks to the super super bright lighting) and having someone focused on your face for half an hour or more....well hair, but the face is right there..so you know what i mean.

To be honest i feel sorry for them having to try and think of something witty and interesting to say, as to hide the fact that my face reminds them of a horror movie.

(i don't really have active acne .. other then like a small whitehead once or twice a week, but there are red marks and scars...and those stand out quite well on their own).

Anyone else hate getting a hair cut? I am scared shitless from the moment i go in, to the moment i get home, into my room, shut the door and sulk (oh and then when people notice you got a haircut...*sigh*). Simply put it's a day in hell for me.

***Anyone have bad.. or good experiences with getting a haircut? It feels good to relate..even if its about shitty things.

I know what you mean. When my skin was pretty bad and I would go into the salon I felt like they were all staring at my skin.. bleh not fun

lol i know exactly what you mean. i feel like my acne looks 10 times worse with a new haircut, yet i hate having bushy hair. its like a lose lose situation :/

I don't like getting haircuts to often either, so I only get one about once every three months. Its not because I'm afraid of the mirror, but rather because I hate people touching my face. I also have acne along and under my hair which gets aggravated by the clippers.

I know what you mean. When my skin was pretty bad and I would go into the salon I felt like they were all staring at my skin.. bleh not fun

So true, i wish i could cut my own hair or something...but i would never be able to take that risk. haha .

I like my hair when it covers my forehead (where it used to be really bad, still is fairly bad).

Agree with the lights, my whole face looks so red.

I also have a problem with small talk, just sit there silent, lol. AWKWARD :surprised:

lol i know exactly what you mean. i feel like my acne looks 10 times worse with a new haircut, yet i hate having bushy hair. its like a lose lose situation :/

That is what i am going through right now!

I leave my hair till it gets bushy...which makes me look like some half Afro...half...homeless person..thing.

Catch 22.

All these situations are extremely AWKWARD.

but its nice to know i'm not alone.

Your paying them for the haircut, they can put up with the acne if it grosses them out. Their issue.

I actually have mine cut by a friend of the family who is a professional so I dont really have a problem :P

Your paying them for the haircut, they can put up with the acne if it grosses them out. Their issue.

I actually have mine cut by a friend of the family who is a professional so I dont really have a problem :P

lucky

Its not so much the fact that they should have to put up with it,

but that i am actually worried about how they will put up with it. (does that make sense?)

I don't want to have to feel like a burden on someone else just because i think they will be awkward when having to deal with my skin..well not skin, but around my skin.

Its not only degrading to myself, but everyone else going through the same thing.

w.e though... its only an hour at most of complete humiliation..then back to being just normal humiliation...

I'm just gonna stop now.

I don't hate getting haircuts cuz i get mine for free. My mom owns a salon so it is pretty easy for me cuz my mom loves me lol. I just hate it when there is mad ppl in her store waiting and my mom is like ill cut you after I finish them and I am like sitting in the waiting area with a half haircut that looks super stupid lol.

I don't hate getting haircuts cuz i get mine for free. My mom owns a salon so it is pretty easy for me cuz my mom loves me lol. I just hate it when there is mad ppl in her store waiting and my mom is like ill cut you after I finish them and I am like sitting in the waiting area with a half haircut that looks super stupid lol.

That's cool :surprised: , but kinda crappy about having to wait.

I have some friends that cut hair... i just don't trust them enough though haha.

I hate it so much I do it myself :lol: I've had one professional haircut in the past 5 years. I don't really care what they think, I just hate to look at myself in that lighting. ughh... every pimple I've ever had in my life, along with every pore and hint of a wrinkle shows up in there.

Buhaha yeah, I hate getting haircuts. I don't DREAD it, but I don't like going there. Every time I need a haircut I make sure to schedule it at a time when I am mostly clear. And since I wear glasses and need to take them off during the cut, I never see myself in the mirror until they are done. And I have rarely ever had a hair dresser talk to me while getting my hair cut.

i have the best hair lady ever. she's really understanding and doesn't act like she can't notice the crap on my face, and i feel okay talking to her about it. sometimes if i go in and i look really bad, she'll put this aloe vera cream she has on the zits for me, which helps sometimes.

heyyy yeah i dont really like getting haircuts too cos i dont want them stuffing up my hair lol.. so i do it myself :) its really not that bad, cos i cant really tell the diff b/w a haircut i get at the salon and one i give to msyelf.. lol prob it depends on the style too, so obviously if i wanted a short hair cut i wouldn't do it myself lol... but i have the shaggy spikey style and honestly, after i style it, it looks awesome. I only get my hair coloured at the salon though cos i never get the colour i desire when i do it myself.

These are awesome posts. :dance:

There always seems to be good things and bad, so you might as well deal with the bad so you can get the good.

gahh. last time i went i refused to more than barely glance in the mirror. But actually the girl cutting my hairs had some poorly covered up chin acne....so i didn't feel so alone.

But then again i was wearing a long sleeve tye dye shirt and some ripped jeans...those prissy little ladies looked at me like i was a freak. ha. i wanted to laff.

gahh. last time i went i refused to more than barely glance in the mirror. But actually the girl cutting my hairs had some poorly covered up chin acne....so i didn't feel so alone.

But then again i was wearing a long sleeve tye dye shirt and some ripped jeans...those prissy little ladies looked at me like i was a freak. ha. i wanted to laff.

That's what i hate, the mirror.

How do you not look in it? Especially when they wash your hair...i would describe myself as a wet rat..or something similar to a wet rat.

gahhhh!

Still waiting on getting a hair cut...thinking about rummaging through the junk drawer for some craft scissors and going to town on the hair, just like kids do when they are 4 haha.

*Tye dye shirts are raaddddd.!

heyyy yeah i dont really like getting haircuts too cos i dont want them stuffing up my hair lol.. so i do it myself :) its really not that bad, cos i cant really tell the diff b/w a haircut i get at the salon and one i give to msyelf.. lol prob it depends on the style too, so obviously if i wanted a short hair cut i wouldn't do it myself lol... but i have the shaggy spikey style and honestly, after i style it, it looks awesome. I only get my hair coloured at the salon though cos i never get the colour i desire when i do it myself.

shiii*

yes, i want my hair shorter... i mean not super short, but to the point where every piece of hair cut will be extremely noticeable .

I'm not too good on styling the hair, it's usually a shake of the head and off i go. (you know, the i don't style my hair style haha).