Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest missyjean130

is 4 months enough for me?

Guest missyjean130

So I was on 80 mg for 4 months basically,look at my siggy...

I'm 113 pounds so this was considered a high dose for me...was 4 months enough or do I have a high chance of my acne returning?

There's always that chance. I took a 4 month course and so far 5 months later things are going swimmingly. That fear is always there though, y'know? I think it will be there forever.

for the best chance to have your acne be in remission... you are supposed to have a cumulative dosage of 120mg/kg of your weight. if you are 113 lbs (about 50 kg) and took 80mg of accutane for 4 months... your cumulative dosage is 192mg/kg which is over the recommended 120mg/kg. so as far as cumulative dosage goes... you should be golden! only time well tell! good luck

My acne was very stable for a very long time and I was very happy with it, I would get one or two pimples every 2 months or so.

But my doctor made me stay on accutane high doses until I was clear for atleast 2 months with no evidence of it returning. Because of this I was on accutane for 8 months.

My advice is to stick on accutane for as long as you can and dont give up on it, because its those who give up on it are likely to have the acne return.

It all depends on the person. I had a five month course at 60mg and was told i had had enough, but a month later my acne started to return :doh: It's not as bad as before, but the derm is going to put me on another course to clear it once and for all.

do 2 more months the 6 month ppl have a higher chance of it never coming back or leasts that what my doc told me when i was on it

Guest missyjean130

I'd stay on it longer if I could...but I can't afford it anymore.