Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Went to the Derm yesterday and he scolded me for even thinking about going on herbal supplements. I told him i have recently stopped eating bread and pastas (gluten) and that I have noticed that I do not break out as often and he said there's no correlation. I kept bringing up different things I'm doing like drinking tea and eating right and he pretty much just told me I shouldn't even bother! I wanted to kick his face in!! He also said there's nothing to help my scarring and that I'll have to live with it as it will eventually fade away.

I felt like everything that I had a tiny bit of hope might work he just shot down...no "here this might help", just "NOPE, you're wrong" kinda attitude. Has anyone else had frustrating talks w/their Derms or is mine just the Derm from HELL?? :evil:

Wow, what a douchebag! I don't have that kind of problem with my derm. My derm told me there was a difference between the generic and brand name accutane. I knew he was getting a cut from the Brand Accutane company, because everyone else I talked to said they all had the same main ingredients. Whenever I go to see him, I'm in and out in 5 minutes, I feel like he just rushes to get to his next patient.

oh yeah...same here. I wait for him to see me for like 20 mins. and then I go in and I'm out really quick! I feel like when I talk he wants me to hurry and shut up b/c he always interrupts. Next time I'll say I want my $40 copay's worth of time :snooty:

Can you find a new one?

I went through 3 derms before finding the guy I have now (who I wouldnt trade for anything,I love him!)

The first guy sent me home telling me my face didnt look that bad (and it was AWFUL~I had cysts all over) He told me I just needed to wash more (I was already washing 2-3 times a day!)

And he charged me 130 dollars JUST FOR THE VISIT cuz I didnt have insurance.

The derm I have now only charges 50 for the visit without insurance, and always gives me samples and listens to me and takes what I say seriously.He seems like he actually cares about me.For him,I WOULD pay 130 dollars a visit!

I had my regular doctor tell me that depression and quitting smoking had nothing to do with each other...ha! (Ask any smoker who just quit whether or not they are depressed!)

Doctors who dont care just want you to keep buying their drugs,that's why they blow you off.And when that happens,I find a new one.

Yes,quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do! It really got me down for a while,so for my doctor to try to tell me it had nothing to do with how I was feeling made me wonder HOW he became a doctor.

It has almost been a year and I feel great now.It has also helped my acne alot.Although at first it was worse cuz my body was pushing all the toxins out.

Went to the Derm yesterday and he scolded me for even thinking about going on herbal supplements. I told him i have recently stopped eating bread and pastas (gluten) and that I have noticed that I do not break out as often and he said there's no correlation. I kept bringing up different things I'm doing like drinking tea and eating right and he pretty much just told me I shouldn't even bother! I wanted to kick his face in!! He also said there's nothing to help my scarring and that I'll have to live with it as it will eventually fade away.

I felt like everything that I had a tiny bit of hope might work he just shot down...no "here this might help", just "NOPE, you're wrong" kinda attitude. Has anyone else had frustrating talks w/their Derms or is mine just the Derm from HELL?? :evil:

That made me LOL! :angel: I hate derms, ive seen a quite a few in my time and they always seem to think they know absolutely everything about everything. When lets face it they are just failed doctors! ( No offence) My derms had the same views as yours did about herbal remedies. I asked him if diet could affect the acne and if home remedies work ( like toothpaste etc etc) and he went on a HUGE rant about how i was being naive and childish!

Thing is i went the herbal route and its done 10X the job the prescribed medicines did in like the space of a week compared to the 4 years with the antibiotics and all the rest of it! I went back and was like..... YOU WERE WRONG! havent been since, i just dont like derms at all now. :angel:

Went to the Derm yesterday and he scolded me for even thinking about going on herbal supplements. I told him i have recently stopped eating bread and pastas (gluten) and that I have noticed that I do not break out as often and he said there's no correlation.

I saw 3 or 4 before I quit bothering with them. They were all useless. When I told the one that I saw the longest that my formerly horrific cystic acne went away when I stopped eating oranges, he just shrugged uninterestingly and started talking about yet another anti-biotic.

Then I tried a few others but they were all equally useless. Except perhaps the one that diagnosed my rosacea when I developed that. Although the I soon found out that aloe vera gel was just as helpful treating rosacea as the prescription he gave me, and nutrition was even better. Nutrition was the first successful treatment for my acne as well.