Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sux0rz

dry skin + powder?

my skin is very dry, and i have some scars i want to cover up. i used mineral make-up (powder) but it just looks funny and flaky since my skin is dry. i don't want to use greasy foundations.. so what should i do? #-o

In my experience no powder can make dry skin look good, the 'finer' the stucture of the powder is, the more it sticks on the individual flakes so they only get more visible. Same effect as using powder on a skin that isn't shaved. So powder is out of the question.

You probably should use a moisturizer or toner first to get rid of the dryness, after which you could apply powder. I find Vichy Normaderm cream very usefull for this.

I don't know about foundations either, never tried. G'luck.

my skin is very dry, and i have some scars i want to cover up. i used mineral make-up (powder) but it just looks funny and flaky since my skin is dry. i don't want to use greasy foundations.. so what should i do? #-o

hmm. so what woul dyou girls recommend as a good alternative? something that won't look too caked on and won't clog pores please! thanks so much

I agree with Sparty about applying moisturizer beforehand, and also agree that Laura Mercier is an excellent brand. smile.gif

thank you, i just ordered a Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. i hope the fact that it's tinted doesn't mean anything bad [-o< i'm scared to try. ahh well