Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drewboy

I will have a nice dose of harsh lighting please *pics*

So yes, Harsh lighting can be a major blow to the self esteem. I've read a couple threads about what people really see when they see you in a lighted environment, and I couldnt help but think about the dreaded bathroom light.

Yes, we all know about the restroom light, in its downpour of radiant luminescence that we have all grown to love *not*. Too make a long story short I planned on taking after pics of my silicone results, but in this type of lighting its impossible. It looks like Ive taken a few steps backwards rather then improved my scarring. But I assure you the exact opposite, I improved my scarring ten fold, although you wouldn't be able to tell judging by these beauty's (pics).

Anyhow, I wanted to show you pics I had taken at the doctors office with a High pixel resolution with a freshly shaven face (when my scars appear at their worse), and show you how disastrous certain lighting can be. Most people don't even think I have scars under normal lighting, but I should refer them to this thread.

Anyway, my plan is to have another silicone treatment and follow it up with the rolling/LED craze. Anyway, the first pics are my High megapixel pics, before silicone treatment 2 (Ive seen much improvement) and the second set of pics are under harsh harsh harsh lighting. knock yourself out acne.org folks!

Normal light:

post-11214-1231397957_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397944_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231403832_thumb.jpg

beloved bathroom light for comparison:

post-11214-1231397472_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397452_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397505_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397530_thumb.jpg

I challenge you guys to do the same, its actually refreshing. I'll take after pics under the same lighting as I go along with treatments.

post-11214-1231397452_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397472_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397505_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397530_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397944_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231397957_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1231403832_thumb.jpg

I think you are far more harsh on yourself than the bathroom light itself. :P

I mean yes you have some scarring that is visible but pfff who cares! Believe me, you still look good under that harsh bathroom light. ^^

haha thanks little frog,

I can honestly say in the 1st harsh lighting pic, thats a wrinkle.

all the others, well mostly scarring, although red marks show too.

I want to have to 2 pock marks excised, those were caused by dang TCA.

Even under harsh conditions your skin looks fine.

The appearance of your skin falls within the normal range. If someone sees your skin at its worst, all they might say is, "ehh, he doesn't have the greatest complexion." What I hate about the number and severity of my scars is that, there's no way my skin passes for normal. I stand out. It's like, "woah, that's gnarly skin."

I know exactly what you mean and it drives me nuts. Here's a few pics.

picture113br7.th.jpg

picture109wv2.th.jpg

picture169bk2.th.jpg

I'm getting a fraxel repair done just in that area at the end of January for almost no cost.

Umm Brad,

I didnt see one scar in your pic. Perhaps you have a few large pores, but honestly man, your good to go. :think:

scareddiva - the white scars are just due to the lighting of the room, I really dont have white scars.

Datura - Im just showing how your skin can look normal and relatively scar free in one setting, and absolutely retched in another setting under different lighting.

Just curious, how did your acne go away? Did it just fade away over time?

Your scarring doesn't look bad at all.

pb101,

I had horrible acne up until I was 23! I got rid of it using Accutane, in 5 years it never has come back or even attempted too.

My face would look a lot better if I never burned those craters in my cheek with TCA.

I started off with severe scarring but in 5 years ive had:

1 full face dermabrasion

2 fraxels

4 silicone injections

6 chemical peels and self needling sessions

& a partridge in a pear tree.

Both of you guys that posted pictures have nice skin and are good looking guys! Honestly I think scars are sexy on guys but you guys really dont have anyhing noticable!

pb101,

I had horrible acne up until I was 23! I got rid of it using Accutane, in 5 years it never has come back or even attempted too.

My face would look a lot better if I never burned those craters in my cheek with TCA.

I started off with severe scarring but in 5 years ive had:

1 full face dermabrasion

2 fraxels

4 silicone injections

6 chemical peels and self needling sessions

& a partridge in a pear tree.

Did you do like a 5-6 month accutane course?

To all you who have responded, yes I think we all make our scars out to be way worse then anyone else. I think my scarring is the worst in human history, but on the same token, I hear people mention that they didnt even notice I had scars. Im thinking "do you need bifocals?"

P101, yes, I had a 5-6 month session of Accutane. Its the only thing that cleared up my acne.

To all you who have responded, yes I think we all make our scars out to be way worse then anyone else. I think my scarring is the worst in human history, but on the same token, I hear people mention that they didnt even notice I had scars. Im thinking "do you need bifocals?"

P101, yes, I had a 5-6 month session of Accutane. Its the only thing that cleared up my acne.

As it has already been said, your scars seem mild to me, but i'll shut up about that haha.

When did you start treating your scars, like how long after Accutane?

And what do you think has been the most effective form of treatment/procedure?

Brad, for the love of God do not get Fraxel. You don't have scars and you could mess up your skin.

Drew, you are right that we all notice our own faults more than others do. I have scars similar to yours that are only noticable under bad lighting. cest la vie

Funny how we are always our own worst critics. When I look at your pics I don't jump to criticize your skin, I think "he has nice hair." In fact I think if I were to be having a conversation with you in my bathroom...(I don't know why we would be doing that)...I wouldn' t even think about your skin. It just isn't that noticeable. I think that my scarring is about on the same level as yours, but I cringe when I see my reflection in a car window in the direct light. At other times I feel okay, but I still spend a ton on procedures. I am healing from my 6th pixel right now, so I guess the pursuit of great skin goes on... BTW I do have some before and after pics in my album if you are interested.

Anyway I can empathize, just remind yourself of how you feel about other peoples' skin. That usually helps to make me less uncomfortable.

As it has already been said, your scars seem mild to me, but i'll shut up about that haha.

When did you start treating your scars, like how long after Accutane?

And what do you think has been the most effective form of treatment/procedure?

I started treating my scars about 5 years ago with my first dermabrasion. Id say my biggest results came from:

1.SILICONE SILICONE SILICONE! by far the best results I could of imagined.

2.Dermabrasion (although its left me with uneven skin tone and rolling scars)

3.Needling/fraxel/peels - Im sure theyve aided in my scarring, but results take a while to see.

Silicone was immediate improvement followed by gradual improvement as collagen increased.

Brad, for the love of God do not get Fraxel. You don't have scars and you could mess up your skin.

Drew, you are right that we all notice our own faults more than others do. I have scars similar to yours that are only noticable under bad lighting. cest la vie

I think Im going to design a shirt that says "Lighting" on the front and on the back it will say "Is harsh" Ok my jokes are lame today.

Funny how we are always our own worst critics. When I look at your pics I don't jump to criticize your skin, I think "he has nice hair." In fact I think if I were to be having a conversation with you in my bathroom...(I don't know why we would be doing that)...I wouldn' t even think about your skin. It just isn't that noticeable. I think that my scarring is about on the same level as yours, but I cringe when I see my reflection in a car window in the direct light. At other times I feel okay, but I still spend a ton on procedures. I am healing from my 6th pixel right now, so I guess the pursuit of great skin goes on... BTW I do have some before and after pics in my album if you are interested.

Anyway I can empathize, just remind yourself of how you feel about other peoples' skin. That usually helps to make me less uncomfortable.

So as we are talking about my hair in your bathroom, could I ask if youd join me for a cup of coffee on the edge of the tub?

Thanks for the encouragement, actually my young friend, your scars/skin are in far better shape then mine. I went to the mall today to pick up some dress clothes and I looked in one of those dressing room mirrors with florescent light overhead, and Sweet Moses! Instant self esteem downer. Ruins your day you know?

Anyway Im going to the YMCA today to volunteer to be a soccer coach, Some of your best critics are kids, we will see how that goes.

I'm trying the turmeric treatment, Ill update this thread with pics here shortly.

Drewboy WHAT are you talking about? Without even seeing all of you I can tell you're a hottie.

You really don't have much scaring, and what little you do have just makes you look manly...

Hey nice hair!

Oh, those kids, they either don't notice at all or they...well you know. I know that my scars are in better shape than they were a year ago because my niece who is now 7 no longer unintentionally examines them. It is kinda funny how I can feel quite "hot" (as I blow my head up) in my bedroom mirror, and then step outside in the sun and suddenly want to hide (deflates..).

I've never heard of this "turmeric treatment." Do divulge. Have fun at futbol!

For knickhead, trust me I know how you feel, all of us with scars had to get through years of what you are currently in to get to where we are today. It sucks...a lot. I know. I used to have dime sized cysts that would last months, 10-20 at a time. The thing is, is that sure, some of us may have gotten out of that situation, but then we have to contend with what is left. Scarring can sometimes be worse than the acne. At least with the acne I had a good feeling that it would one day be gone. The scars are a different story. Eh, I sound so somber about it, really I am thankful to be where I am. Good luck to you.