Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparklystars28

why are all these celebs endorsing proactive?

i mean does this stuff really work, as people and celebs claim it to be doing for them? I am considering trying this stuff again, but i hear some bad reveiws on it, which is holding me back from buying it? what are your thoughts on this?

Yeah I tried it a few years back and got my hopes up. I watched all the commercials and thought this was the answer. I begged my mom to buy it and I tried it for like 2 months and I saw no change. what makes me mad is that the celebs are talking about acne that isnt severe whatsoever. barely visible. they have no idea what im goin through and you know they pay good money for facials..microdermabrasion or chemical peels. theres no way they arej ust relying on proactiv!

Because they pay celebrities to be on their commercials, they think that when people see their commercials and someone like Jessica Simpson is talking about how great it worked for her, that people will go out and buy it.

It's dual purpose. First, the $$. Second, it makes them seem like "real" people. It's a PR booster so that their fans can better relate to them.

I was going to try proactive, but then I found this website. Dan's stuff is cheaper and it works for me.

Cuz' "money makes the world go round." Proactive must pay them to support the product as well as they do. Its all about stimulating the economy. Loads of products with the same ingredients as proactive...sure it works, but its honestly not that great. The results aren't elite at all.

Cuz' "money makes the world go round." Proactive must pay them to support the product as well as they do. Its all about stimulating the economy. Loads of products with the same ingredients as proactive...sure it works, but its honestly not that great. The results aren't elite at all.

yh i saw those ads and thought about buying it but then i started laser treatment which didnt work :S but no im using the 2.5% bp which works better then the stuff my doc gave me

but yeh the celebs just do it for the fat pay check lol