Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User91943

My Blackheads...big Problem Pics

Hey guys, i just wanna say this is a great site. Been looking around and saw tons of people getting the help they need. biggrin.gif

Anyway, i just wanted to post my acne, and see if anyone can help me figure out what to do, and in turn maybe help someone else that comes along and has the same problem.

I am 19 years old, and have had these damn blackheads since i was 12 years old. During high school they peaked and you could really notice them. They keep staying the same size, and are just so hard to get rid of, they are really deep in the pores of my skin and all over my face. They also cause and sometimes turn into painful acne bumps and stuff.

- My skin is generally very oily, if i don't wash it regularly it can become oily within the hour. Almost like someone dropped a gallon of vegetable oil on my face...hahah I also have big pores, which i think is genetic because my parents (mother) also has big pores except she doesn't have blackheads.

right now i have stopped using any kind of acne cream or medication. I just wash my face with a oil free cleanser and it works great on keeping my skin in control and not breaking out allot, but i still do but not as much as i could have. I also use this blackhead masque that i got from Korea about 1-2 times a week.

it gets probably the easier smaller ones out, but cannot CANNOT get the other ones out.

I have tried proactive,clean and clear products, Clearasil, pads, and even those nose strips. these suckers are so hard to get rid of!

for some reason my pics wont link, just get em all here, copy and past the link in the box

I was gonna get that Skinid stuff i saw on Tv, but i heard it doesn't really work...anyone else care to take stab at what i should do?

Edited by atsguy

thanks for that last post. I checked out that thread and went right away to paulas site to check out her products.

I read some of the comments for the Exfoliating 1 and 2% BHA Gel, and they all sound great. There were allot of people that said they had amazing results with it.

I dont no what how my skin will react to the 1 or 2% so i orderd just the 2 samples of them, and also the toner. I will try them out once i get them and see which one is the best for my skin.

Also right now i use a neutrogena oil free acne wash cleanser, jsut to wash my face. It has 2% salicylic acid acne medication. Should i just get a different cleanser or will it interfere with the BHA stuff?

----------------------------------------

acutally i was just reading that stuff...they have BHA gels, liquids, and lotions

which one do u guys think would be the best

You mention your skin is very oily - Roaccutane would help a lot with that (reduce your oil by 80%), you may want to contact a dermatologist.

Yea i had the same problem as you having lots of blackheads due to having really oily skin. I tried many off the shelf products that doesn't seem to work including biore strips which works but blackheads quickly come back and its really not that good for your skin. So my mom took me to a place where they do facials and had them extract them, although its kind of expensive ($90 per treatment) but its definitely worth it, they clean your face them steam it then they extract your blackheads, if you have a lot it may take a few treatments otherwise its really painful and its not good to extract too much in 1 try. Next they treat your pimples, afterwards they disinfect and give you a mask to help prevent blackheads and pimples, process takes about 2 hours but it really works and i don't get as many blackheads anymore.

Roaccutane would help a lot with that (reduce your oil by 80%), you may want to contact a dermatologist

hmm i really doubt a derm would give u accutane for ur acne/oil, its so mild. But yes extractions should work well if u go to a good place! look up reviews and stuff, cause if u go somewhere that knows nothing about acne then they may srew up ur face unfortunately.

yea i dont think i will be able to make an appointment with a derm. No insurrence as of yet or allot of money...

I was reading up on the BHAs, i guess it was good that i didnt order it last night. I realized it was the same salicylic acid type stuff that i have been using all this time. And it never helps

i am checking out the mandelic stuff, it looks good too. I think i will try that first.

get on ACCUTANE if you can. tell your derm that you have been battling with acne for way too long. they will prescribe for acne that is persistent (at least five years... i had mine for at least 10 years) which doesn't respond to conventional treatments like benzoyl peroxide, retin-a, duac, etc... list everything you've tried and tell your derm that you are fed up...that you've tried everything under the sun.

only accutane will help lessen your blackheads. it's just like what i had. accutane cleared at least more than 60% of it and the others that remained became tiny and less noticeable even up close.

good luck.

Hey guys, i just wanna say this is a great site. Been looking around and saw tons of people getting the help they need. :D

Anyway, i just wanted to post my acne, and see if anyone can help me figure out what to do, and in turn maybe help someone else that comes along and has the same problem.

I am 19 years old, and have had these damn blackheads since i was 12 years old. During high school they peaked and you could really notice them. They keep staying the same size, and are just so hard to get rid of, they are really deep in the pores of my skin and all over my face. They also cause and sometimes turn into painful acne bumps and stuff.

- My skin is generally very oily, if i don't wash it regularly it can become oily within the hour. Almost like someone dropped a gallon of vegetable oil on my face...hahah I also have big pores, which i think is genetic because my parents (mother) also has big pores except she doesn't have blackheads.

right now i have stopped using any kind of acne cream or medication. I just wash my face with a oil free cleanser and it works great on keeping my skin in control and not breaking out allot, but i still do but not as much as i could have. I also use this blackhead masque that i got from Korea about 1-2 times a week.

it gets probably the easier smaller ones out, but cannot CANNOT get the other ones out.

I have tried proactive,clean and clear products, Clearasil, pads, and even those nose strips. these suckers are so hard to get rid of!

pics:

0448a597-5ddf-41e0-84be-225c73b0dcd3

03203f62-0b85-402d-9377-a52e3da4428e

991872f5-76aa-491e-81a8-f5a91f01dca3

928ec28b-7c94-46a9-af4a-f95decdcf772

608cc36c-5309-461d-9a61-d3cb76fce344

d561a99a-270d-4b91-a381-d73d51f35656

for some reason my pics wont link, just get em all here, copy and past the link in the box

www.esnips.com/web/nedalic1089-acne

I was gonna get that Skinid stuff i saw on Tv, but i heard it doesn't really work...anyone else care to take stab at what i should do?

firstly, i REALLY doubt that accutane is a good treatment for you acne. will it make your blackheads diminish? yes. you can treat you acne with something far less drastic.

i tried the paula's BHA and it worked really well. the purge period was nasty though. not good at all. it didnt work for me, but since im now on accutane, hindsight is telling me that Paula's BHA wouldn't have worked tooo well, lol. i would suggest the 2% lotion. it was realllly nice. good luck!

Blackheads are a bitch, believe me. I have them the worst on my nose, however, I was able to get rid of some of them by using Alphahydrox lotion. Of course some of them are still there because even if you get rid of them, its only a matter of time before they come back.

Guys i just want to say that i received my paulas choice 2% beta hydroxy acid get today. I am going to try it later tonight and see how it is. If it doesn't work for me after a month or more, i am just going to return it, and then go down the line of some of the products and suggestions that people are giving here...

thanks guys and wish me good luck!

You know i was acutally reading some stuff on the Regimen that Dan has...it looks like a really good and simple program to use. I do get breakouts, in fact i am going through a bunch of normal acne breakouts all over and around my chin and lips area.

I was reading the stuff on the succes page, and there a allot of people that have seen amazing results with this for normal acne, as for blackheads allot of people say it has helped reduce allot of them, and make them smaller...so i guess it wouldn't hurt. I do have the micro acne that really frustrates me, and i could use this to get my blackheads smaller while still using BHA...

what do you guys think?

get on ACCUTANE if you can. tell your derm that you have been battling with acne for way too long. they will prescribe for acne that is persistent (at least five years... i had mine for at least 10 years) which doesn't respond to conventional treatments like benzoyl peroxide, retin-a, duac, etc... list everything you've tried and tell your derm that you are fed up...that you've tried everything under the sun.

only accutane will help lessen your blackheads. it's just like what i had. accutane cleared at least more than 60% of it and the others that remained became tiny and less noticeable even up close.

good luck.

Out of interest what dosage was you on? was it a low dosage and also what type of acne did you have was it mild and mostly blackheads or other? I mostly have blackheads like atsguy has mostly on my nose and cheeks and I would say it is worse than his. I've tried probably all Topicals without success and I'm thinking accutane is my only hope now. Thanks

Just a quick update, its been 3 days since i have been taking the 2% PC BHA.

Although it may be to early to tell, i have been using it about 2 times a day. My skin does not feel itchy, or red, or dry after i apply it. In fact it feels really good, and i don't get oily when i have it on...At all.

so i guess that seems to be good, still cant notice any big changes, hopefully in 2-3 weeks i will!

good luck with your blackheads and post back your results! I definitley want to hear! I have the same problem on my nose and chin. Clay masks have helped a little bit. I feel like they kind of loosened a bit but maybe I am imagining things and that isn't possible. Also when I washed my face a couple of times a week with castor oil/jojoba oil it kind of helped

can someone answer some questions for me?

1) i think i have a nose simlar to the poster but i think i have scarred pores instead of actual blackheads. but how do i know what they are? can someone tell me a way to see if they are blackeheads or scarred pores without squeezing and potentially causing more damage?

2: is it okay to use a facial scrub or could the scrub make the pores bigger/leave a scar where the blackhead is?

if you go to the store, and get some nose biore pore strips, just put them on and see if they take out any blackheads. that way you will know if you have any. Or you could just washy your face with hot water and then without drying look at your pores where you think you have blackheads. If it looks like there is something sticking out of the pore, that is a blackhead. The last thing you want to do is squeeze them out, as this can cause redness and make it even worse.

that's all i can answer...

as for my update, my skin feels great, the little spot where my chin is that is rough and flakey is gone, still no big improvements on the blackhead problem. Other than that my skin feels really good and not oily at all after applying the BHA. Still waiting though...

if you go to the store, and get some nose biore pore strips, just put them on and see if they take out any blackheads. that way you will know if you have any. Or you could just washy your face with hot water and then without drying look at your pores where you think you have blackheads. If it looks like there is something sticking out of the pore, that is a blackhead. The last thing you want to do is squeeze them out, as this can cause redness and make it even worse.

that's all i can answer...

as for my update, my skin feels great, the little spot where my chin is that is rough and flakey is gone, still no big improvements on the blackhead problem. Other than that my skin feels really good and not oily at all after applying the BHA. Still waiting though...

do those nose strips help in any way?