Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yepican

Using nothing but water in shower....

For anyone who has done/doing a regimen where all they do is let water trickle down their face 1x a day from the shower....how long does the flakiness take to subside if you had problems with flakiness at all. I have found this so far to have eliminated my acne, but now struggling with flakey, dead skin.

hey dude! The flakiness will stop really soon, the key is to avoid sleeping on your face or smushing your face in any way. It is natural to have a small amount of dry skin on your face occasionally. When this happens for me, I take a pair of tweezers and gently lift off the skin flake, I never scratch my face or pick at it, just remove any flakes that are sticking up. Try to avoid long showers too.

I have been using nothing but water on my face

for about four months now and its working well.

The flakiness cleared itself up after a few days

sometimes when i get out of a hot shower

i have a lot of dead skin on my forehead mostly.

I soak a flannel in hot water and rub away the dead skin.

that rarely happens now though

my skin seems to have got used to it.

hey dude! The flakiness will stop really soon, the key is to avoid sleeping on your face or smushing your face in any way. It is natural to have a small amount of dry skin on your face occasionally. When this happens for me, I take a pair of tweezers and gently lift off the skin flake, I never scratch my face or pick at it, just remove any flakes that are sticking up. Try to avoid long showers too.

I tried to find multiple comfortable ways to sleep with minimal facial contact with the pillow for weeks. Any tips or suggestions? I try to change my pillow case every two days.

I tried to find multiple comfortable ways to sleep with minimal facial contact with the pillow for weeks. Any tips or suggestions? I try to change my pillow case every two days.

The only thing I can think of is sleep on ur back. Otherwise it's darn near impossible for your face not to come in contact with the pillow. I think changing your pillowcase every couple days should be sufficient tho.

I only had flakiness on the 3rd day i used this regimen and it went away on its own on the 5th day or so.

Hi all,

I switched to water only 6 months ago and it's the best thing ever.

I now wash with water under the shower every day, use a gentle soap under my arms only, and wipe my face with a cosmetic wipe every evening to cleanse and moisturise. I sometimes use a bit of light moisturising face cream when my skin feels tight.

I find that if I leave my skin well alone, it usually fares best. Bombard it with skin washes, it will break out; use benzoyl peroxide and it only just reverts the damage. Water only, plus keeping my hair clean and not touching my face unnecessarily = voila, much better skin.

First of all, I stopped using shower gel containing sodium laureth sulfate (SLS) and switched to Mistry's Neem Oil shower gel, which only has very few ingredients (see I could really see the change. My skin used to go from being really greasy to sometimes feeling a bit tight. Cutting out sodium laureth sulfate meant my skin started regulating itself. After a week, I only had a few spoths here and there and my skin felt plumper and healthier overall, and not so bumpy and flaky. After a couple of months, I switched to warm water only and got even less spots.

I found the trick is to listen to your skin and adjust you routine to it. I used to think moisturising is no good on greasy skin, even when it felt tight, but in fact my skin was dry right after washing with SLS, and only started going greasy when it began overcompensating. So now, when my skin feels like it could do with a bit of moisturiser, I will put some on.

Also, once after a couple of months I felt like just water wasn't enough and my face felt a bit grubby. I sometimes scrub gently with a soft washcloth, which I hang up to dry in between washes, to help me clean my skin with water only. I am now experimenting with using home-made cinnamon paste, which is a natural antiseptic and works like a gentle scrub, so if that works I might switch to that.

I once tried the oil cleansing method (OCM) but I just couldn't get all the oil off. The skin felt plump and smooth for a few hours, but then just felt really oily and gave me a bad break-out one or two days after. Maybe I used too much oil? I will definitely not go back to it though because it just didn't feel right, especially since water alone works so much better. Yesterday I tried a very small amount of sunflower oil, mixed with cinnamon to make a paste, and a couple of drops of essential oil to scent it. Because I only used a teaspoon of sunflower oil rather than slathering it on, it rubbed in easily and didn't make me feel greasy. At the moment my skin looks very nice, plump and smooth with less redness. I will keep you posted on the cinnamon!