Notifications
Clear all

Yogurt for mild and moderate acne!

MemberMember
(@dng)

Posted : 01/07/2009 4:38 pm

Hello again :D sorry for the dramatic headline hehe. This method has gotten me clear and I have been off forums.

It could not be more simple.

Skip ALL products. All you need is water and.... drumroll please... YOGURT!

Rub yogurt on your face whenever you can/ leave it on as a mask and wash it off. And wash only your face with lukewarm water. Before you go out, rub a thin layer of yogurt on your face. Once it dries/ is absorbed it wont smell and it can't be seen.

This worked for me, i suggest you give it a try for a few days.

MemberMember
(@cottoncandi)

Posted : 01/07/2009 5:55 pm

I'd rather live with acne then go out in public with food on my face. Even if it can't be seen, I'll know it's there and I'll feel ridiculous.

MemberMember
(@366490)

Posted : 01/07/2009 6:08 pm

acually its the milk in the yogurt that softens skin and hair. I don't think theres other benefits.

MemberMember
(@marcelinx)

Posted : 01/07/2009 6:40 pm

I doubt yogurt works best than benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.

MemberMember
(@ladywillow)

Posted : 01/07/2009 6:57 pm

the lactic acid in yogurt is good but when I use it in masks and such it just helps slightly not dramtically.

I heard Greek yogurt is the best on makeupalley

MemberMember
(@altapgt)

Posted : 01/08/2009 4:49 am

What type and flavor of yogurt?

MemberMember
(@darylgervacio)

Posted : 01/08/2009 5:09 am

Agree and a half.

MemberMember
(@fakename913323)

Posted : 01/08/2009 2:28 pm

Cool, thanks for the input, it's worth a shot, did you notice a difference for red marks DNG?

MemberMember
(@ladywillow)

Posted : 01/08/2009 7:10 pm

Honestly I don't think yogurt will help very much unless you have very veryyy mild acne.

MemberMember
(@cameraniac)

Posted : 01/08/2009 9:00 pm

For best results and a fresh looking skin tone, try peach yogurt! But seriously, who knows if it works, and who wants their face to smell like dried dairy and yeast? The advice you've given is too general, what of someone rubbed some lunch pack yogurts on their face? I can't imagine that stuff is healthy.

MemberMember
(@princesspimple)

Posted : 01/08/2009 11:42 pm

I think the yogert helps more when you eat it.Especially the pro-biotic kind.It has Good bacteria which your intestines needs to fight the bad bacteria.If your body has too much bad bacteria,you get acne.

Interesting theory,thanks for sharing.

MemberMember
(@mr-spicoli)

Posted : 01/08/2009 11:53 pm

Yogurt? That one of the most bizzare things I've ever heard. But if it works, it works.

MemberMember
(@tishtashtosh)

Posted : 01/09/2009 5:27 am

This is stupid. His acne was probably barely mild.. How the hell do you expect this to work on moderate to severe cases?!

MemberMember
(@truman-gerdfunge)

Posted : 01/09/2009 7:30 am

i saw a Caps lock title and my expectations of a epic thread came true.

Would you recommend going to a supermarket, opening all the yogurts into a big tub and then dunking your head in? Because the last time i did that i got arrested.

MemberMember
(@acneimgoingtobanyou)

Posted : 01/09/2009 11:32 am

just cause it worked for you doesnt mean it would work for another person.not everyones the same.glad it worked for you though.

MemberMember
(@dng)

Posted : 01/09/2009 6:33 pm

Agree and a half.

Benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid both F'd me in the A. I was in a vicious cycle, more product -> more breakouts -> more products and so on. If I missed even one evening/morning wash, my face would be so oily that a piece of toilet paper would go see through if I wiped my face with it.

Mixed reactions is exactly what I was expecting. This has been successful for me, and plenty of people I know. I can safely say that I definately did not have mild acne, although now it is very mild. It definately doesn't hurt to try.

Whoever said that they don't want to walk around with food on their face, needs to reassess the severity of their acne. Mine was bad enough for me to try urine therapy, which actually worked somewhat.

All I did was try to help others. You can take the horse to the water, but you can't make it drink.

P.s Ill change the title for dem haters!

MemberMember
(@dng)

Posted : 01/09/2009 6:44 pm

What type and flavor of yogurt?

Haha, no flavor... just plain natural yogurt.

Cool, thanks for the input, it's worth a shot, did you notice a difference for red marks DNG?

Olive oil is awesome for red marks. Also have a go at ACV.

This is stupid. His acne was probably barely mild.. How the hell do you expect this to work on moderate to severe cases?!

tishtashtosh, why all of the hostility? Give me a break, Im only trying to help. My acne was far from mild, do you honestly consider yours to be moderate/severe? Have a good long look in the mirror:

MemberMember
(@altapgt)

Posted : 01/09/2009 7:24 pm

so u don't use moisturizer or anything else besides the yogurt?

MemberMember
(@altapgt)

Posted : 01/09/2009 7:32 pm

PS. is that u in the picture? if so you should post an after picture also lol

MemberMember
(@dng)

Posted : 01/10/2009 7:25 am

No, haha thats not me in the picture. Its tishtashtosh :D She started arguing about how my acne wasn't bad at all, when hers is barely noticeable... Quite pathetic.

Yeah all I use is water and yogurt. Sometimes I put a thick mask on and wash it off. But every morning I was my face with water, then put on the yogurt and leave it on for the day. You only need about half a teaspoon for the entire face, but just put it on the acne prone areas. Keep massaging it in until it dissapears.

If you put the right amount it shouldn't smell, or be seen. You can experiment with different amounts the night before or so.

The good thing is that you can't use it too often, it doesn't irritate the skin even if you have on a thick layer for a whole week.

MemberMember
(@dng)

Posted : 01/11/2009 3:49 pm

I have been doing it for about a month now. Unfortunately I don't have any before and after pictures, as it wasn't a period of my life I wanted to remember for ever :P

I dont know if it works for blackheads or enlarged pores as I had barely any of them. It works well for facial redness.

I havent gotten a single breakout since I started, and I havent washed my face with a cleanser for a month.

Its cheap and easy, kannattaa kokeilla UFO :D

MemberMember
(@omgu8myrice)

Posted : 01/12/2009 1:29 am

Doesn't anyone else hate these self-proclaimed "doctors" that come on here telling YOU exactly what you need to fix your skin? Freakin' morons.. I vote for ban.

MemberMember
(@cottoncandi)

Posted : 01/12/2009 2:17 am

Doesn't anyone else hate these self-proclaimed "doctors" that come on here telling YOU exactly what you need to fix your skin? Freakin' morons.. I vote for ban.

Can I use "Fruit on the bottom" yogurt?

LOL jk.

MemberMember
(@altapgt)

Posted : 01/12/2009 3:33 am

I dunno what/who the above comments are aimed at, but I appreciate any and all input when it comes to possible acne solutions. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@dng)

Posted : 01/12/2009 5:08 pm

Please move to "Haters Section"

Its cheap and easy, kannattaa kokeilla UFO :D

:)

I bought a yogurt today. I'll give it a try for a few days. Thanks for sharing your success story.

L¤psi sit¤ naamaan nii paljo ku ehit, se on ylivoimasesti paras juttu mit¤ oon ite kokeillu.