Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
camera girl

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OR OFFER ADVICE

hi

im having a really terrible time and was wondering if someone can offer some help. for the last 2 years, ive had this red bump on my chest. it comes and goes but usually it is inflamed and raised. after a year of looking at this thing and it not going away, i went to my dermatologist who told me it was an infected hair follicle but did not treat it and rather gave me cordran, a cortisone ointment to reduce the redness and inflammation. i wasnt too happy with the results so i saw a new dermatologist who now tells me its not an infected hair follicle, is not a cancerous growth or mole. what can it be? i have to see her again when it is "inflamed" since i saw her initially when it was a little flatter and darker looking. im so upset by it. she said i can have it permanently removed but its right in the middle of my chest and chests scar very badly, and i am also prone to scar very badly everywhere on my body.

would cortisone injections make it go away? i am at my wits end and cant wear any shirts really. its embarrassing and always really red. it sometimes goes down and is just a dark mark for weeks at a time, but always, the inflammation comes back. my boyfriend cant go anywhere near it otherwise it gets all infected looking. and i cant touch it either. please HELP.