Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elia

24, clear-ish on a regimen - How do I make my skin generally softer/healthier?

I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know where to find a spot treatment with sulfur? Back when I saw a dermatologist, I was diagnosed a cleanser with sulfur. I hated it because it bleached every cloth I came in contact with post-cleansing, but it did work, to a degree. I am hoping for something I can get over the counter. I am done with prescriptions.

2) And now, the real reason for my post. Now that my skin is relatively clear, I want to address other skin issues. My skin doesn't feel irritated - and after about a half hour post-regimen, it doesn't feel dry, and usually even feels oily in some places by the middle of the day - but it doesn't look very healthy. The skin on my face is a half-shade or so redder than the rest of my skin. I also want to start with a general anti-aging cream.

Background, and details of the products I use, if it matters:

I've been on a modified version of the regimen for about two months now, and it works wonderfully. My skin is clearing, the marks from old flare-ups have had the chance to fade, and current flare-ups are just occasional, small, and short-lived. Here is my regimen, in case it matters:

- St Ives Apricot Cleanser (the one that isn't exfoliating, with only 0.5% salicylic acid content)

- 2.5% bp

- Aveeno sunscreen SPF 30, specifically for the face.

I use a cleanser with salicylic acid because combination therapy works for me where just the bp didn't (which I tried for about three and a half months, prior to what I do now), but I'm using one with the lowest-salicylic acid content that I could find, because much stronger than that and my skin gets irritated. I use a moisturizing sunscreen, instead of a moisturizer with SPF, because I have very pale skin that burns easily. I also have a 10% bp that I only use as isolated spot treatment.

Is there something I could add to my routine? Or does anyone know of a good moisturizer I could use instead of sunscreen, something with a higher SPF content than 15? (All of the moisturizers listed on the Regimen site are SPF 15). I am happy to have clearer skin, and I want to make it look healthier without losing that.

Thanks for any help.