Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holdontohope

dermarolling while still on low dose accutane?

Hey guys, I will be starting on low dose accutane at 10 mg a day for some clogged pores and then after a few months move to 10 mg every 7 days as a maintenance dose. Topicals haven't done crap for me and I'm going to do the low dose tane as I did it once before and blackheads were gone in 1 month. I quit because I moved and couldn't find a doc to prescribe for me til now. I was wondering if anyone knows or has an opinion as to how this could affect wound healing and how I might respond to the following:

1.) super shallow dermaroller (.15 mm) on a daily basis to aid in the absorption of topicals

2.) every 8-10 weeks a 1.5-2 mm dermaroller to help with some scarring and scarred pores.

3.) TCA CROSS on some scarred pores -- I WOULD NOT be doing this in conjunction with dermarolling.

I just don't see how I can help scarred pores unless they're clear and remain clear.

Opinions anyone?

thanks!

Hey guys, I will be starting on low dose accutane at 10 mg a day for some clogged pores and then after a few months move to 10 mg every 7 days as a maintenance dose. Topicals haven't done crap for me and I'm going to do the low dose tane as I did it once before and blackheads were gone in 1 month. I quit because I moved and couldn't find a doc to prescribe for me til now. I was wondering if anyone knows or has an opinion as to how this could affect wound healing and how I might respond to the following:

1.) super shallow dermaroller (.15 mm) on a daily basis to aid in the absorption of topicals

2.) every 8-10 weeks a 1.5-2 mm dermaroller to help with some scarring and scarred pores.

3.) TCA CROSS on some scarred pores -- I WOULD NOT be doing this in conjunction with dermarolling.

I just don't see how I can help scarred pores unless they're clear and remain clear.

Opinions anyone?

thanks!

I was on low dose accutane ( 10mg a day for 3 months). Move ahead 1 year after taking it and I was pretty much back where I stared. I was considering going back on it until I came across the dermarolling threads and decided to hold off and focus on my scarring. I would take NO chances of doing accutane then dermarolling right after. I figured I would take care of scarring first and if all goes well I could think about accutane later.

In the process I have found my skin becoming less and less oily ( the main reason I took the tane). I believe it's the led light therapy I'm also using. Because of the success I have had at reducing my oil output, I started looking into blue/violet light therapy 415nm. I think the blue light therapy just may reduce my oil output to where I wouldn't need to consider accutane again.

I should tell you that the blue light therapy is most written for mild/moderate and sever acne. Many many people are having great success with it. I encourage you to look more into.

There are many medical reports on it world wide showing it's effectiveness on par and maybe better than BP.

God Luck.

P.S. If I didn't make myself clear enough above, my suggestion to you is DO NOT even consider doing accutane and dermarolling at the same time. If you are still interested in accutane, hold off at least 3 months ( based on you taking low dose) after you have stop your course of tane.

Just my $.02