Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've read on here about the wonders of jojoba oil. Some recommend mixing it with your favorite moisturizer. This seems inconvenient and messy. Doesn't any manufacturer make a non-comedogenic jojoba moisturizer already? And I don't mean a company that puts one drop of jojoba oil in a gallon of emollient and then labels it jojoba moisturizer. If there are none on the market, how do the members on here mix up their own and what concentrations do they use? Do you mix it on the fly or do you pour so much moisturizer in a bottle then add the oil and shake it up?

I just jojoba oil as a moisturizer by itself.

Why add unnecessary, unnatural chemicals and irritating agents from regular moisturizers when jojoba does such great things all by itself?

Acne.org's moisturizer actually contains jojoba seed oil, just check the ingredients.

I notice that this moisturizer does not get very good reviews from the members here.

Why add unnecessary, unnatural chemicals and irritating agents from regular moisturizers when jojoba does such great things all by itself?

Well, I notice that you are female and put on makeup after you apply jojoba oil in the morning. I'm a guy, so I don't wear makeup, and using just the oil by itself, leaves my skin too oily. It also is not enough moisture for my skin in the winter. I only used about 3 or 4 drops and it left my skin greasy and not moisturized enough. This was applying right after a shower.

I use this at night and it significantly helped my dryness. I apply it with a cotton ball.

If I wake up and my skin is extra dry I put a small amout in my palm and then my regular moisturizer.

I don't know of any products like what you described sorry.

Well, I notice that you are female and put on makeup after you apply jojoba oil in the morning. I'm a guy, so I don't wear makeup, and using just the oil by itself, leaves my skin too oily. It also is not enough moisture for my skin in the winter. I only used about 3 or 4 drops and it left my skin greasy and not moisturized enough. This was applying right after a shower.

Have you tried blotting off the excess with some toilet tissue?

If you really need to mix it with a moisturizer, I can vouch for Cetaphil.

I'm looking for a natural remedy for dry skin. Will jojoba oil mess up your face's ph balance or acid mantle?

I've read on here about the wonders of jojoba oil. Some recommend mixing it with your favorite moisturizer. This seems inconvenient and messy. Doesn't any manufacturer make a non-comedogenic jojoba moisturizer already? And I don't mean a company that puts one drop of jojoba oil in a gallon of emollient and then labels it jojoba moisturizer. If there are none on the market, how do the members on here mix up their own and what concentrations do they use? Do you mix it on the fly or do you pour so much moisturizer in a bottle then add the oil and shake it up?

Nivea Soft has jojoba oil and vitamin E. It doesn't break my skin out, but some people do not react well to jojoba oil, so I can't guarantee that it won't.