Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

OMG My Speech class starts tonight!

Hey man, that's what a speech class is all about! You're there to learn to get up in front of other people and speak, no matter what. Hopefully it will serve as a boost of confidence in your life.

Good luck.

I despised speech class in high school. It was awful. I also took in college which I actually liked better because I took it at a community college. So the class was small and there were older people in the class which helped.

If you have really bad anxiety, talk to your doctor about getting a beta-blocker like Atenolol or a benzodiazepine like Xanax to help.

Ha good luck with that. I only had to take one semester of Speech my junior year in high school. I hated it and barely passed.

I was so grateful to have completed it.

You can do it! Say it loud and proud =]v When you speak, you don't have to look at the crowd. Look above them or stare at a corner. I tend to pretend that I teaching little kids X3

my theater class in high school (kinda the same thing?) a few years ago actually really helped me a lot. i used to be really weird about talking infront of groups of people but thanks to that class, i don't really mind it now. it's weird, because i have social anxiety, but as long as i know what i'm talking about and have everything planned out, i don't get red in the face or sweat or anything when i have to make presentations in my classes. maybe it's because i don't know the people and probably will never see them again. look at it that way. be confident. talk slow and breathe slowly. maybe it will really help you. and think about this-there will probably be someone in the class who is way worse at it than you. good luck!

Good luck! I personally love speaking in front of giant crowds and love all the attention lol I seem to find myself more at ease that way

I'm not going to lie, it does kind of suck. Usually the nervousness faded soon after I got up for each speech. The class was small, and the people usually really dug my topics. One of the main things I worried about was my skin, but most of the time they dimmed the lights for powerpoints anyway. good luck! =]

I've given some really awful academic speeches in my time. In my latest attempt I started out good but ended up avoiding eye contact and reading off the page at hyperspeed. Unfortunately I was so quiet that the person signing for a deaf girl in my class couldn't hear me in order to coherently sign so she tried to lip read and that failed because I wasn't looking up...lol that was terrible.

I always tell myself: "thats the last time I do a speech" after every one, but theres always another one round the sodding corner!

I had a speech class like my 2nd semester in college and to be honest you are going to be more worried about how you sound/how your speech is not your face lol. just saying

I look forward to a speech. Nobody can interject and interrupt. Everyone is instructed to stay silent and listen to what you have to say. And you know, these people in the room are going to be nervous about their own speeches. They're speed reading index cards, or trembling in fear because of their own stage fright. If your speech is strong enough, they will receive the message and that is what will resonate with your audience.

How did it go?

You've been talking you're whole life, what are you suddenly going to forget how to do it? Don't worry, prepare beforehand and then jut get up and do it. The less you think about it the better off you will be.