Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 1

Wasnt sure if this would fit under one of the categories so I thought id put it here. Might see if I can link it to my signature too.

So this is my 3rd battle with acne. I never thought id get to this point again. I was on top of the world when I last finished the medication. Kinda disappointed that ive had to start again. But on the plus side ive caught it earlier this time and maybe being a bit more educated about how to deal with it and look after myself will help to clear it quicker.

In terms of medication im starting on 1x300mg Tetralysal (Lymecycline) and Isotrexin gel (Isotretinoin with Erythromycin), once or twice a day. These are different to the early meds that I was on before. The doctor cannot prescribe me anything stronger so im starting with this until I get a derm appointment.

Im also starting 1xmultivitamin suppliment tablet (contains just about everything you need), 1x 500mg Omega 3 6 9 oil capsule and 1x200mg Pantothenic Acid tablet (Vitamin B5). Theres going to be a whole load more water being drunk, changing of pillow cases, not using the same towel on my body as my face when I wash, eating ALOT healthier, less touching my skin, more exercise (running every morning) and a better sleeping pattern that is regular and involves me getting enough sleep every night.

Ive also decided that im going take my focus away from what I look like at the moment and what people think of me (which is the main thing that is really getting me down) and channel it into working hard on getting clear and doing active things that will help. I dont think that the things I want to do are unrealistic. They are all easily done and very manageable.

Away from the acne im starting therapy for my moderate depression in 2 weeks with a counsellor. Im quite looking forward to this actually. And already im starting to change the way I think with my change of focus and with more and more things that I read on here.

Ok so my current skin situation- the main breakout areas are on my forehead just below my hair line and arond my mouth and chin. I rarely get spots on my cheeks which is where the main problem was last time. I had a breakout at the weekend so have about 10 or so around my face. Its not major but they are persistant and quite big. Each breakout was getting worse so fingers crossed thatll stop soon enough. I would take some pictures but pictures arent good for my mind so I will avoid that. Will post some when I feel confident enough.

So here goes. Im starting quite hopeful and I hope it stays that way! :D

Day 2

Ok so its early Day 2. Dont get too excited for me- no results yet obviously hehe.

But ive just put on the Isotrexin gel for the first time. As I said in another post elsewhere it feels good having something actually on your skin. Reminds you that there is something actually doing something to clear it up. Pills are great obviously but its hard to imagine what they are doing. Good mental boost, which is what I need.

Ive had a good day today (Day 1). Feeling positive and generally happy. This is going to be an emotional-based log for me too seeing as im battling the moderate depression as well as the acne. So its quite important for me to recognise my mood changes. Drank plenty of water, took my suppliments and cleansed well. Target for the date completed! Ok so im still up at 2am and I said I wouldnt do that anymore but hey ho I cant be perfect every day!

Im off to bed :razz:

Day 3

Ok so its Day 3 and im quite pleased to say (touch wood before I say it) that im seeing some positive effects of the medication and my own little things that ive started doing. The breakout that I had at the weekend that was probably the harshest ive had in years has cleared up nicely. The left marks are still there but thats a given really and I can cope with that as the speed that the Isotrexin gel has dried them up has been amazing.

This morning when I woke up I could feel a spot coming up on my chin. You know, when you can feel it under your skin. Well I put the gel on this morning and by the evening it had dried up. Really pleased. Havent had an IB either but maybe its early days for that.

Im now taking Kalms tablets. For those that dont know them they are a natural remedy to help sleep, anxiety, stress etc. I have to take 2 tablets 3 times a day so thats increased my daily pills to 10 haha. Oh well. Ive checked to make sure they dont clash in terms of ingredients. Just wanted to take something to help my sleeping patterns along a bit.

So im quite happy and positive at the moment. The lips are starting to get a bit dry and sore but not half as bad as the last time and its not noticeable. Will just get some vasoline on them or something.

:D

Day 5

Nothing new to report really. Not had a breakout yet and the last one has cleared up. Still got the marks but they are not so harsh. Starting to notice that the areas im using the Isotrexin on are starting to go ever so slightly pink and its a bit more tender to touch. No big deal though.

Found out today that my 'best friend' has decided she cant handle this and cant be there for me anymore. She was the only person I could speak to about everything. It only comes out in bits with others. Im gutted. I understand where she is coming from though. I just wish it didnt have to be like this. So mentally im a mess again. Just when I thought things were looking up... :cry:

Got another appointment on Monday with the doctor. Im hoping that he will notice a change. Thatll pick me up a bit. I think he just wanted to monitor me before I see a counsellor. Plus its very quiet at the Health Centre at the moment- its a University one and we are not back in lectures till the 19th so theres very few students around- so I think he wasnt bothered about making another appointment so soon.

I just started accutane for the 1st time, im on day 2. I really hope it clears up for good the 1st time and I never have to deal with it again...

I can relate with the whole "best friend" thing, also with the depression and trying to forgot what people think and just focus on clearing it up.

You're 3 days ahead of me with your medication, ill be following up on this log forsure. Keep your head up and stay positive duuuuude!

Do you workout? it really helps get my anger out!

Day 11

BodyBuilder- thanks for the support mate. I was on accutane the first two times I had acne and it cleared it up nicely both times. The reason it came back after the first go was because my stupid dermatologist took me off it too early. Ive suffered some of the very rare negative side affects of it but I put emphasis on VERY RARE. I dont work out but I used to and you are right it is great for getting out those stresses! Thats something im hoping to get back into once ive got back into the swing of things with Uni starting again etc.

Not been online for a few days. Im back in my house at University now and we are having some phone line problems so the internet is on and off every 10 minutes or so. I thought id update this and then see if I can get as far as reading messages on the main forums lol.

Had another doc appointment on Monday so he could just see how I was in terms of the depression. I was literally in and out in about a minute and a half. I told him that I was feeling good and alot more positive after starting the medication. He seemed happy with me.

The medication is going well. Had a couple of spots come up on my forehead but nothing major. No breakout for nearly 2 weeks which is excellent. Keeping up with the water drinking and the eating better, plus the suppliments. But my sleep is still irratic. Its 2:38am as I write this and I need to be up early in the morning but im wide awake! Went to bed at midnight but I just cant sleep. Oh well.

Possibly my first major test tomorrow night with the progress that ive made so far! Will explain more tomorrow :)

Much love x

6 months on

Ok so 6 months and 1 day ago I started my treatment for my mild-moderate acne. Ive just not had the time to update this which is really naughty of me but I promise to get involved again!

It took about 3 weeks for the acne to clear up nicely. I was so happy. I knew I wasnt in for an episode like the first 2 times I had it because that was very severe and the way I looked after my skin when I was a teenager was horriffic, simply through lack of knowledge. But I wasnt expecting such fast and promising results. I was very lucky!

I have just finished my medication. I saw a derm in April and she was happy for me to be supervised by my GP with no need to change my medication. I agreed because it seemed that what I was on was enough to deal with it. But about 3 weeks ago my acne came back overnight. I thought at first that maybe it was just a random breakout. But it has been ongoing for weeks. I only got it before around my mouth and chin and thats exactlly where it is again! So it seems that the medication stopped working. Had it started again when I stopped taking the meds I would have said that it was due to stopping too soon. But as I was still on them it must be that my body has stopped responding to it. Needless to say im very very disappointed.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see what can be done. Im hoping that I will be put on an alternative medication with a stronger dosage, and be referred again. The referral took ages to come through last time but I didnt mind because what the doctor gave me was good enough, even if only temporary. Either way I think im going to need something like Accutane from a derm (it cant be prescribed by a GP if I remember correctly) to kill it off long term.

One 'positive' has come out of this though. It has made me realise that my mind wasnt as stable as I thought. If you look through my post history I have battled with depression for several years since first having acne. I thought that clearing my skin would help, and it did. But not properly because I just feel rubbish again. Im hiding myself away like I used to all because I have a few spots on my face. I know that people dont care, and that what I have is very very mild. I still cant face the world today though :( Hopefully I will be ok tomorrow. But this has told me that I still need to work on stopping myself getting so down so quickly. Thats the positive- at least ive realised it!

Anyway hopefully I will be back to Day 1 tomorrow of my log with some new medication!

Day -1(i.e. before I started again!)

So here we go. I hoped waaaaayyyy back in January that I would never have to be at this point again. But I am and im looking at this as being positive because hopefully this is my road to recovery.

Ive just come back from my GP and I have been given:

- 4x Erythrocin tablets 250mg (take 2 twice daily)

- Isotretinoin with erythromycin gel

I was on the gel before and I still have some left after finishing the original oral med I was on. It doesnt prevent breakouts but drys them up a bit quicker than they would on their own. Im a little bit puzzled as to how many tablets ive been given. I have to take 4 a day but ive only been given 40. So I will run out in 10 days and have to get another prescription. Now im assuming this isnt some miracle cure that will help in such a short amount of time! So im wondering why I have been give such a small amount. A bit of a pain really because now I have to drive a 120 mile round trip to pick up my next prescription in 10 days lol (my doctor is at my University and im living at home at the moment). Oh well worth it if it works!

Im hoping that ive caught this even earlier than last time and I can zap it as quick. The doctor said I may have to think about roaccutane again if it comes back after this or doesnt show signs of changing.

Im going to give green tea a go as well. Ive heard its good for you anyway and that is can help with acne. Just bought a box from Tesco so I will give that a go. Also considering the DKR but I will see how my medication goes first as itll get quite expensive to keep shipping the stuff from the US to the UK. I think I will try my own regime with the prescribed gel instead of the BP and see how that goes.

Update in a few days :)

Day 2

So its Day 2 and no positive changes yet but obviously its early days. My lips are a little drier than usual though and peeling slightly which is a good sign for me as it shows that the med is getting going already. I had a bit of a breakout of smaller pimples overnight which could be an IB.

I took the pills for the first time yesterday morning and I got the usual stomach ache that ive read to be associated with them. Only lasted a few hours though.

Got a few things going to help my skin in general too.

- 2 litres of water a day

- 2 cups of green tea a day

- Multivitamins and omega 3, 6 and 9 suppliments

- Morning and night regime similar to Dan's but with my own products

- Be gentle when touching my skin and just leaving it be during the day

- Better sleeping patterns

- No sugary foods, no snacking! Eating 3 good, solid and decent meals a day

Ive been a bit guilty in recent months of skipping breakfast. I go to bed too late and get up at lunch time which is terrible for your body. Plus is means that im not taking medication at regular times of the day which does alter it's effectiveness. Im trying to generally look after myself better and this starts by getting up in the morning and starting the day with breakfast. Im hoping itll help me mentally a bit as well by being more alert and awake.

Just ordered some BP from Dan so im hoping thatll come soon. Ive decided that its worth a go instead of the gel that my GP gives me. The gel is ok. It dries out the spots I have quite quickly but doesnt stop them from forming in the first place. So im hoping the BP will sort this. And itll mean that im following the Regime more closely. Its worked for others so im up for giving it a go! But I will stick with the gel in the mean time.

Im going to stick some stuff in my signature as other people have put their methods and tips there so people can see it more often.

My Mum annoyed a me a bit today. I got up and saw her before I got to the bathroom. She came to speak to me and decided to say "Oh you have had a breakout havent you. Havent seen it this bad in months." Yeah thanks Mum. Didnt really need you to highlight the state of my skin, especially how I spoke to both parents last night about how its rocked my confidence again. Cheers!

Day 3/4

Just to be pedantic I thought id put 3/4 seeing as its now 12:20am here in the UK haha.

I woke up this morning to discover I had no new spots or anything come up overnight which is great. And the ones that are there are drying up quite quickly. Im managing to just about refrain from removing the whiteheads as I want to just let them dry out on their own.

Last night I steamed my face with a bowl of hot water and some salt (as suggested on here somewhere) and my skin felt so nice afterwards. I often feel really uncomfortable when I have spots as sometimes they hurt or just dont feel really nice. But without touching my skin it felt really good.

Nice dry lips today. Seems sad to be happy about that but it means the antibiotics are kicking in. Im going to have a shave tomorrow and ive purposely left it longer than usual this time so I can let the breakout ive had calm down a bit. I hate shaving over spots. So painful.

Anyway off to clean and moisturise for the night and get some sleep!

Day 4

I just cant sleep tonight. My mind is buzzing, its very warm and im so restless. So I thought id pop back on here. This is a rather pointless post haha. But I felt like writing something.

:cool:

Day 7

I will do a full update tomorrow evening- im so busy at the moment but I wanted to get this thought down. I have emails to reply too as well so if you are reading this an you have emailed me then I apologise! :shifty:

I ate some dairy tonight. Scroll up and find out that dairy = almost guaranteed breakout within 24 hours, sometimes 12. I have friends over from Slovakia and they were kind enough to buy dinner and bring it back to my house. I ate some cheese, I just couldnt say no. They are so friendly and grateful for them staying with me. Their daughter is coming to my University in September which is how I met them and they have come over to see the place. But yeah I wanted to be polite so I just ate it. I hope I dont break out!!!

Arrrggghhhh I probably wont sleep tonight now through worrying :(

Day 8

Thanks SCaliGirl. I just had a read of your log and it looks like things are going well for you. And you are making lifestyle changes which I know are so tough to make sometimes. But we know that the results are positive even if its just mentally.

Ok well the breakout sort of happened. I had a couple of new ones come up but that may have happened anyway. Maybe the medication is fighting the effects that dairy has on my skin. But seeing as I only had a small amount im not going to be taking this to be a scientific experiment yet!

Im happy with how things have gone so far. Keeping to my morning and night routine. Could be getting more sleep but ive been busy entertaining for the last few days so that has disrupted things a bit. Still getting maybe one new spot come up a day but thats far less than before. So I will carry on how I have been and see how things go.

I got an email a couple of days ago saying that my BP is on its way! Im excited! Hopefully it wont be too long now :)

Day 10/11

I had a shave this morning and for a change I just did it with the grain and only went over each section of my face once. I used to shave against the grain too (naughty naughty) to get a closer shave but that would leave my skin irritated and scratched. It wasnt visible but when I either put the gel or moisturiser on it would sting like hell! This morning my skin felt lovely afterwards and it still does now. Ok so I didnt get a close shave and im left with stubble but I like a bit of stubble :) Ive heard the ladies do too hehe.

Finished the first batch of medication today. Im hoping that the doc gives me some more as he only gave me enough for 10 days. While its cleared up nicely (not perfect yet but a lot better) I would like to carry on for now to kill it off completely. I will have to go a couple of days without but itll be ok.

It the red marks that are the problem now. I looked at myself in the mirror a few days ago, which is a major thing for me, and I noticed that the spots I had were small and not that noticeable but it was the red marks where they had been that was quite bad. Now they are only on a small patch of my face- between my top lip and nose but only between the edge of my mouth and the middle ridge on my face. So nothing major but as the saying goes you are your own worst critic! Im hoping they will fade soon enough. Im thinking about looking into something to even out my skin tone some time in the future too. But I will wait for everything to clear up first as its not vital at this time.

Buuuuuuuuut.....the good news is my BP came in the post this morning! I was so happy when I saw the brown box on the table. Its my Dad's birthday tomorrow and we are having friends round so im going to wait until tomorrow evening to give it a go just in case I come up a bit red or something. But im looking forward to it. Never tried BP of any form before and obviously there have been some great success stories about it. Im going to stop using the gel that ive been prescribed and use the BP in its place. Makes sense.

Mentally, things are ok at the moment. I didnt suffer too bad from this breakout as I caught it quick and just didnt let it destroy me like it usually does. Im happy at the moment. I will be honest and tell you all (without tempting fate) that as soon as ive got myself cleared up and back to full confidence im thinking about asking out a girl that I have taken a shine too :wub: hehe. But maybe more about that in a few weeks when I pluck up the courage to do it lol.

Au reviour for now my friends.

Day 11/12

Im proud of myself this evening. While I was in the bathroom washing my face this evening I plucked up the courage to look in the mirror in full light! Ive not done that for months and months. And by doing this ive noticed that while I still have a few whiteheads (maybe 3 or 4) they are very small. A couple of larger ones are growing on either cheek which is strange for me but maybe thats just a random breakout, or possibly a delayed one from the cheese earlier in the week. Or maybe because I naughtily missed a night of my regime a couple of days ago! (you really have to do it twice a day every day dont you) I also noticed that the red marks I saw during the week have died down too. Still there but much less noticeable. So yeah im quite proud of myself there, and its been reinforced with the fact that I could notice changes- all the more reason to keep doing it.

So I just used the BP for the first time. Kept it down to half a pump for the moment but it spread quite well. I was impressed with the application. Doesnt smell bad, spreads nicely, drys in good time and left my skin feeling quite nice and smooth. And, unlike the gel I was using before, it doesnt clump up and come off when you moisturise afterwards which used to really annoy me because it meant less effectiveness and would just make a mess on my face which I would have to stand there peeling off.

So yeah all is good today :) Smiles before bedtime :)

Night ya'll!

Day 19

Not had much to report really, even if I did have time to fill you all in this week haha.

As of yesterday im back on the antibiotics. I stopped them about 9 days ago when I ran out and I was waiting for my doctor to send me my repeat prescription form. I live about 60 miles from my Uni doctor where im registered and it takes 48 hours for one to be prepared so I posted it rather than having to drive to and from twice. Petrol aint cheap anymore!! Took them a while to do it but im back on it now. And this time I have enough for 25 days rather than 10. Having said that 10 days worth did a decent job. Not perfect but the spots are far less frequent and harsh. Im hoping the next 25 days worth will do the job. While im not lucky to have acne constantly coming back after I treat it, I am lucky that it clears up relatively quickly when I do attack it :)

Been using BP for a week now. Still on about 3/4 of a pump. My skin is very sensitive so im taking my time, as recommended, in increasing how much I use. Plus it will let me see the level I need to go to. For example, Dan uses two full pumps in his video. Maybe I will find that 1 pump will do me fine (fingers crossed, it cost me £25 to get that stuff from Acne.org haha). Right now my skin is slightly drier than usual and a little irritable on my cheeks but not bad enough that its causing problems or making me itch it. Plenty of moisturisor as per usual!

As I write this I dont have any whiteheads on my face. I have old healing spots but thats it. Red marks are starting to fade a little too.

All good :)

Hey Christof.. I read your log.. Seems like things are going good for you.. I'm sure Dan's regimen will also do wonders.. I have also recently started a new regimen and log for the same.. Just keeping my fingers crossed.. hehe.. Wish you luck!! :)

Hey Christof.. I read your log.. Seems like things are going good for you.. I'm sure Dan's regimen will also do wonders.. I have also recently started a new regimen and log for the same.. Just keeping my fingers crossed.. hehe.. Wish you luck!! :)

Thanks Romsia. Best of luck to you too. Ive just had a read of your log. Be strong and stick with it! I am a bit like you and I want things to change straight away. I like to think that its the optimism coming out in me haha. Rather that than be down all the time, thinking about how bad my skin looks when it most likely doesnt. Im going to keep an eye on your log :)

Day 23

Not much to say really. Irritation from the BP has almost gone which is great. My skin isnt so dry and itchy anymore. Im finding it a bit annoying though that when I go to scratch my face if I have an itch or something the BP comes off in my fingers as a white powder and goes on my hands and clothes. Not great. No improvements this week- still got a few spots around my mouth but they arent so inflamed as usual. Im going to give it another 5 days or so till I up the BP to a full pump to really let my skin adjust.

Good news though- I was refering to a girl that I liked in an earlier post. Weeeelllll I told her that I like her (amist all sorts of embarrassment haha) and it turns out she feels the same :) :) :) Major confidence boost!!!

Thanks Romsia. Best of luck to you too. Ive just had a read of your log. Be strong and stick with it! I am a bit like you and I want things to change straight away. I like to think that its the optimism coming out in me haha. Rather that than be down all the time, thinking about how bad my skin looks when it most likely doesnt. Im going to keep an eye on your log :)

Hey Chrisof.. Thanks for reading my log.. :) Yeah it could be the optimism.. :D Well I have been patient with the current regimen so far and it seems to be helping.. So I'm just happy.. I am not thinking about the skin at all and I can't tell how good I feel.. It's like a burden is gone.. I'll be keeping an eye on your log too.. :) Good Luck!!

Good news though- I was refering to a girl that I liked in an earlier post. Weeeelllll I told her that I like her (amist all sorts of embarrassment haha) and it turns out she feels the same :) :) :) Major confidence boost!!!

Hey that sounds great.. Just stay positive & confident and she won't go anywhere.. ;)

Thanks again Romsia :)

Day 31

Its been a while since I lasted 'logged' so I thought id take the time to leave a wee message. Having some laptop issues right now so im not online as much as usual and having to use the parents' laptop which is hideously slow and a right pain. Oh well.

Had a good few days with my skin. Ive got a couple of small pimples on my forehead which are nothing to bother about. They came up and have starting going without any issues. I have had a rather large one on my cheek for about 3 days but again its starting to go without a head forming or anything like that. In general my skin is feeling nice to touch too. Red marks starting to fad from spots that were there about 2-3 weeks ago. The main problem areas i.e. around my mouth are completely clear right now which is great!

Still got about 2 weeks of med left. I think I will be fine to stop after that and see what happens. Still using the BP too and up to a pump at a go. Im increasing it a little slower than is recommended by Dan but its suiting me and I think its working well. Im thinking about changing my moisturiser though. Ive been using this one for about 4 years now and while its great for normal use its not working well with the BP. I apply the BP EXACTLLY how instructed in the videos and I leave it for sometimes up to an hour to settle in. My skin feels great at this point- so smooth and cool. But when I apply the moisturiser the BP starts to flake off a little and then I get irritation and itching. So im going to give a slightly less viscious moisturiser a go that my Mum uses and see if that works better. The Nivea for Men one I use is quite thick so maybe takes more to absorb properly. Experimentation never hurt anyone!

Im currently very excited as the new football (soccer for those reading across the Atlantic) season starts tomorrow so im off on a 400 mile round trip with my Dad to watch Dagenham & Redbridge play at Crewe Alexandra. Ohhhhh how I love my football!!

Hope everyone is well :)

Day 39

Ive had a relatively good week this week. Nothing on my cheeks or chin. I have the odd very small pimple on my forehead. In fact the only 'major' spot that came up this week was one just about my top lip that was fairly big and inflamed but has gone without too many problems.

Changed my moisturiser too. I will change my signature soon enough. But this one isnt rubbing the BP off when I apply it. Im still having some issues with the BP though. When I scratch my face it all comes off in my fingers and on my shirt. Looks like dandruff. Not nice. Maybe im going something wrong or maybe this is a common thing.

Test tonight- im going to a party with my family. I love good old party food- sausages, sausage rolls, crisps, scotch eggs etc. I am aware that a lot of it is going to contain dairy and I will no doubt slip up a little. Can I refrain from too much temptation?? ;)

Thank you for your Blog Christof, it's heartening and inspires me to keep going. I've only just started and it looks like you've been through a lot to get to where you are now.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your Blog Christof, it's heartening and inspires me to keep going. I've only just started and it looks like you've been through a lot to get to where you are now.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks Out_damned_spot. Its a great encouragement for me to read that others are benefiting from my words. I have indeed been through a lot but im in better shape than I have been for a while now, largely thanks to Acne.org and the good people that post here. Its a tough journey for most- but one that will teach you a lot about yourself and others. All the best!

Day 52

Not updated for a while so I thought id write a quick one now :)

Well im happy to say that right now im clear. My acne has gone! Ive gone a week without my medication too as I ran out and had to wait for my prescription to be posted to me. Ive been given enough for another 50 days this time which is rather strange but I wont need anymore. Fingers crossed itll kill it off completely this time. The BP is going well and im on the full two pumps. I definatley think its helping as even after meds ive always had a few spots here and there. But right now I have two, one on my cheek and a small one on my forehead.

Also had a bit of a breakthrough this week- ive started to look at myself far more often in the mirror. Every evening I take a look now and im realising that I look fine. The red marks are fading quickly and its not as bad as I thought it was. I also shaved in front of the mirror for the first time in about 5 years and used it to get a better, more careful shave. It'll take some more time for me to get used to looking in daylight but im proud of my achievements so far.

I had a trial shift in a restaurant this week. I was confident and assertive and really enjoyed it. I decided against taking the job as they were asking me to do 10-14 hour shifts a day and I was shattered just after the 3 hour trial! Im a very laid back person. Im certainly not afraid of hard work as its hard work that has got me far in education. But the fast pace of a restaurant isnt for me haha. But I was impressed at how I just got on with it, no issues about how I look or feel.

So right now im pretty damn happy! Im acne-free, dealing with my mirror issues, more confident than ever and generally feeling much better about myself. Whhhhheeeeeyyyyyyyyy :):)

If you read back to one of my posts about a girl that I liked then heres an update- despite the fact that we were both into each other it hasnt gone anywhere. It seemed like I was making all the effort to get to know her and she wasnt interested in making an effort back. I like talking and learning about people but the effort needs to be mutual. Oh well. Plenty more fish in the sea!